By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have one major complaint about GT5

ithis said:
FireBringer said:

You expect to draft in the Bus event? Do you know what drafting is even? Obviously not. The reason it works so much better in Nascar is because the speed. On high speeds, there is a lot of air resistance to a car, so a car in front eliminates this (well, no, but it does make it much smaller). Car cuts air and at fast speeds it doesn't just reform back instantly, making the next car not have to go through as much. Slow speeds, the air pressure is filled in by the time you get to it. What do you expect to happen at slow speeds (ie: Bus event)? Seriously man, think about it. This is why the Veyron and other cars cannot reach their true top speeds. Not because they can't go say 300 MPH, but air resistance makes it impossible out of the factory testing.

You CAN draft in the buss event. It's subtle, and you have to time it right or you will not feel the benefits, but on the folowthrough you can reach 110 kph with drafting and less without.

Also, there's no such thing as a car's true speed other than the ones we measure on earth. I mean, how would a Veyron function in vacuum for example (if we are to think about it)?

You can actually draft like crazy in karting.

Your kart top speed is 75 mph but with drafting it can go as high as 87 mph...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I will say if the game is frustrating you all this much and you're still playing it, that speaks volumes of how good the game is.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

kowenicki said:

You have to respect racing lines... but I agree that the AI sometimes gets away with moves that you wouldnt.

Some of them are hard, but I'm on the last license now and I ratlled off the first 5 parts of it with no problem.  But I fear harder times to come.

The challenges.....!!!!!??? ARRGGHHHH  some I just cant get anywhere near.

The fact that the AI seems a bit stupid and scripted helps, they always go the same way so if you can get it right on the first few corners it can really help.

It seems the first several tests or lessons in the licenses are fairly simple, it just takes a few times sometimes to get a better time, once you get AI racers things hit the fan with headaches. Im on IB-10 and just cannot beat it... its so damn frustrating. One thing I laugh at is during one turn half the AI racers hit the wall without any penalty including speed yet if you tap it your either DQed or in first gear. Thats questionable to say the least.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Mummelmann said:

So I'm not the only one growing bald over the Special Events?

Not at all, Mr. Pope. lol

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

ssj12 said:

The BS rules for License and Special Events. Most precisely, tap anything or be tapped by the opposing AI you get disqualified. I understand the idea that you shouldn't be aggressive, but why is it that the AI can ram my ass into a wall and I get DQed? I find that its complete crap that I get DQed because the AI is driving a faster car then I and can ram you without any care causing you to be penalized? How is that fair at all? 

Yeah, that's my major complain against GT5 as well. The 2 lap battle in Rome in special frustrated me to no end. 

I would do a perfect line, trying to stay away from the AI cars, and bam, the frigging Miura would hit me from behind if I braked too much or tried to correct my line insider a corner, causing me an instant DQ.

Unfortunately this has been a constant in every GT, but in past GT's it was a bit more lenient, with only a 5 sec penalty for special events and DQ's only for licenses. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I dont know why they bother with the other cars in single player.

The AI has been universally condemned in reviews.

It's a DRIVING SIMULATOR not a RACING SIMULATOR.

Cypher1980 said:

I dont know why they bother with the other cars in single player.

The AI has been universally condemned in reviews.

It's a DRIVING SIMULATOR not a RACING SIMULATOR.

Because the AI is actually good on the A-Spec events. 

Most of the reviews judged the AI based on the licenses, early entry A-Spec events (beginner cups) and Special Events. When you get to Expert, Professional, Extreme and Endurance cups, then that's when the AI really starts to shine. 

And yes, it's both a driving simulator and racing simulator at once.

If you want a proper AI judgment, go see the Inside Sims Racing review and see what those guys have to say about all the other so called reviews.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ssj12 said:
Ail said:

it sucks but to be honest that is only going to happen if you made a move right in front of the AI that caused it to change his trajectory and he didn't adjust well...

It happens even in turns. They ram the heck out of my rear sending my into the guy infront of me and I get DQed. Everyone's plan should be slow the heck down and make the turn smoothly, not try to drift a corner or something when there is a cluster of cars in the way.

I turned traction control off for the specific reason of drifting around corners. So you can just consider one of those AI me, and I want you outta my way so I can perform the perfect drift.