By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass effect 2 looks much better on PS3(video comparison inside)

ils411 said:
myabsolution said:

Well, Joystiq got a hands-on time with the interactive comic that supposedly lets you make decisions. And like I suspected, it does NOT allow you to make all the minor decisions. You may have thought I was trolling you or something, but I have played both games for hundreds of hours and was not kidding when I meant you are missing out on hundreds of little tidbits that follow you from ME1 to ME2 that make the experience richer.

"I would've loved to see some of the less crucial decisions make an appearance in the story, as they add so much "flavor" to the Mass Effect universe. For example, what would you do to a fan that seemed a bit too obsessed with you?" - Joystiq

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/17/mass-effect-2s-ps3-exclusive-comic-how-it-works/

The definitive version cant be the one with less content.

sooooo...your saying me1 me2 x360 > me2 ps3?

if we were to just play me2 and only me2 for both consoles without and i repeat without me1, which would have more content?

Yes, this was the issue he was avoiding.  Just drop it, he will not listen to this logic.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
ils411 said:
myabsolution said:

Well, Joystiq got a hands-on time with the interactive comic that supposedly lets you make decisions. And like I suspected, it does NOT allow you to make all the minor decisions. You may have thought I was trolling you or something, but I have played both games for hundreds of hours and was not kidding when I meant you are missing out on hundreds of little tidbits that follow you from ME1 to ME2 that make the experience richer.

"I would've loved to see some of the less crucial decisions make an appearance in the story, as they add so much "flavor" to the Mass Effect universe. For example, what would you do to a fan that seemed a bit too obsessed with you?" - Joystiq

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/17/mass-effect-2s-ps3-exclusive-comic-how-it-works/

The definitive version cant be the one with less content.

sooooo...your saying me1 me2 x360 > me2 ps3?

if we were to just play me2 and only me2 for both consoles without and i repeat without me1, which would have more content?

Yes, this was the issue he was avoiding.  Just drop it, he will not listen to this logic.

gotcha

myabsolution said:
LivingMetal said:
myabsolution said:
LivingMetal said:
myabsolution said:

"how will this have any bearing on ME2"

Right there you concede that you didn't understand joystiq quote.

That is referencing a quest which is in ME1. The fan (a fan of shepard) only reappears in certain instances in ME2 depending on what you did in ME1. Similarly other characters return or do not return depending on what you did in the first game, there are many instances of this, joystiq referenced ONE of them. Certain quests are available or arent available depending on tons of small decisions made in the first game... you say "oh but the comic has the decisions you make..  Joystiq said there was NO OPTION as to what decision was made in terms of the fan quest for the comic. So I think it is safe to assume that some of the lesser quests might not appear. The bearing it ultimately has is that tons of minor quests/characters may or may not resurface in the PS3 version. That is likely.

No offense, but do you jump into every debate without even knowing the source material? Has anyone here actually even played the games?

@mantlepiecek

Some of the decisions made in ME1, actually, a lot of them.. are NOT in the comic. NOT. Joystiq confirmed this. But you probably skim read and missed that tidbit of info.

You are thinking wrong. How do YOU know that each and every decision you take in ME 1 is imported over in ME 2?

@LivingMetal

No hard feelings either, sorry for being a dick myself. Half the shit we said was misinterpreted by one another. I should definitely not have jumped down your throat since you indeed were saying "potential", and not speaking in black/white terms. And yes, we won't know 100% until the game comes out. So you are correct, the Ps3 version just may be the  definitive afterall.

@ils411

If you will get ME2 and have never or will never play ME1. Play ME2 on PS3 or PC, if given the choice. Obviously that bonus dlc and upgraded graphics is a major plus. Some of the basic decisions are available.

@mantlepiecek

I'll link a List of around 75 things? Most are little things that the comic does not cover. These are the list of carry-overs from the save file. But dont click that link unless want spoilers... potentially that is.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect2workingtitle/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-53322093&pid=944907

myabsolution said:

@LivingMetal

No hard feelings either, sorry for being a dick myself. Half the shit we said was misinterpreted by one another. I should definitely not have jumped down your throat since you indeed were saying "potential", and not speaking in black/white terms. And yes, we won't know 100% until the game comes out. So you are correct, the Ps3 version just may be the  definitive afterall.

@ils411

If you will get ME2 and have never or will never play ME1. Play ME2 on PS3 or PC, if given the choice. Obviously that bonus dlc and upgraded graphics is a major plus. Some of the basic decisions are available.

@mantlepiecek

I'll link a List of around 75 things? Most are little things that the comic does not cover. These are the list of carry-overs from the save file. But dont click that link unless want spoilers... potentially that is.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect2workingtitle/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-53322093&pid=944907

Yeah, i see that some of the stuff won't be possible to be ported over to ME 2 through comics. But honestly, all the major decisions are possible, so I think that should be sufficient. Its not like a typical 360 save of ME 1 has all the decisions that can be carried over to ME 2.

Around the Network

I think the minor decisions wont matter in the third game. The third looks like everyones ****ed. Who cares if you meet the fan again?

eh stupid,its not fair a comparison coz ME2 for the xbox 360 came out a yr ago,if ME2 were release both on ps3 n 360 at the same time,then it might be a good comparison,but comparing a new version to an old version is not right,lets wait till ME3 then start comparing which version have the better graphics,ME3 will come out on both systems at the same fookin time..oi wats up wit ps3 fans,all of a sudden they are ME fans..LOL..its also a 360 n pc game you idiots,360 might have lost ME,but hey..360 did get metal gear,final fantasy n resident evil..so all is good innit.

fm81 said:

eh stupid,its not fair a comparison coz ME2 for the xbox 360 came out a yr ago,if ME2 were release both on ps3 n 360 at the same time,then it might be a good comparison,but comparing a new version to an old version is not right,lets wait till ME3 then start comparing which version have the better graphics,ME3 will come out on both systems at the same fookin time..oi wats up wit ps3 fans,all of a sudden they are ME fans..LOL..its also a 360 n pc game you idiots,360 might have lost ME,but hey..360 did get metal gear,final fantasy n resident evil..so all is good innit.

LOL really because every time someone does x360 multi comparison with x360 version slightly ahead it's always fair even though the devs never made an effort to port them correctly as ps3 and x360 have different architecture's??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

hmmm i have a feeling there might be a goty me2 edition they have not yet announced for 360 that will include everything on the ps3 version...just a hunch

fm81 said:

First of all the games that are created first are usually the games that turned out better. The 360 is the easier system to develop for but now were at a point in development where dev's have figured out the PS3 and can develop on it more quickly and efficiently. The 360 version was created first for the original Mass Effect. The PC version was created second and was superior with less glitches and better graphics. I doubt this bothered any of us who had experienced the great title on the 360. 

Secondly, in retrospect you may be foolish to believe that Microsoft actually bagged true quality. Microsoft arguably still has the best JRPG to come out this gen exclusive to them in Lost Odyssey, so you need not worry about a top RPG being taken from the PS3 and that they are oh so great! Final Fantasy 13 ended up being one of the worst Final Fantasy titles ever and Metal Gear Solid Rising is nothing to jump to the heavens for. In fact in terms of quality Tekken 6 is probably the best game turned multiplat out of the three exclusives turned multiplat in terms of quality. in the beginning I thought Microsoft taking those titles was huge (and it was) but look how it all turned out?  Sony took Portal 2 and Mass Effect 2 from Microsoft. In my eyes that is a deeper stab because they are actually quality titles. If you're going to be such a 360 nut hugger instead of understanding the power of both brands you better hope to god Left 4 Dead doesn't go to the PS3. Microsoft had their time and now they are focused on casual titles. Sony is taking in exclusives and top titles from the 360 and bagging DLC on top of that.