By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
noname2200 said:
Rules announcement:

If the time limit is reached, the person with the most votes will be lynched.

There are no double-lynches in this game.  If two or more people are tied for the highest number of votes when the time limit is reached, the result is a no-lynch for that day.

Ninja'd FTW

Also, GASP! 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I'm sure prof switched from scottie back to SAK in some elaborate scheme to weed out scum through votes again. Whatever. I don't like the fact that he's flip-flopped between being a big defender and attacker of scottie or the fact that he was so certain they'd played together before when I asked him about it and now scottie says it's the first forum game of Mafia. I don't find the latter scummy, I just don't like the way that all went down.

I'd be fine with a SAK or nen lynch, but scottie's at the top of my list for the confusion he's been causing.
Vote: scottie

Linkzmax said:

I'm sure prof switched from scottie back to SAK in some elaborate scheme to weed out scum through votes again. Whatever. I don't like the fact that he's flip-flopped between being a big defender and attacker of scottie or the fact that he was so certain they'd played together before when I asked him about it and now scottie says it's the first forum game of Mafia. I don't find the latter scummy, I just don't like the way that all went down.

I'd be fine with a SAK or nen lynch, but scottie's at the top of my list for the confusion he's been causing.
Vote: scottie

It wasn't an elaborate move, and neither was the move you are referencing elaborate. The tieing up is very simple. It's not complicated, linkz. I don't like this tone I'm starting to get from you. It reeks of undermining. Calling simple strategy elaborate, calling a change of heart flip flopping, or some vague "I don't like how it all went down" to my confusion over scottie's first game.

Scottie hasn't been causing any confusion. It's his first game EVER, on any forum. He said it himself. His last words reek of butthurt, and he seriously thought he was helping.

This is different from Radish last game.

I would like, but do not expect, a full reason why scottie is a better lynch than SaK, and I KNOW you're very insightful, so I'd like to see what your reasoning is, because I haven't seen anything that is more suspicious about scottie than SaK.

Also, if you're playing this game, start fucking posting. I'm so sick and tired of players sitting idly by for days on end.

Current votes (10 required to lynch):

[2, L-8] ZEX: GNIZ, DTEWI

[2, L-8] HAT: (PROF), WONK, VET

[0, L-10] WONK: (HAT)

[1, L-9] NEN: (ST), (PROF), (FF), SAK, (ZEX)

[0, L-10] ST: (TRUCK), (NEN), (SCOTT)

[8, L-2] SCOTT: MG, RAD, ST, STEF, (PROF), HAT, FF, J0, LINK

[0, L-10] MG: (SCOTT)

[5, L-5] SAK: NORD, (LINK), (PROF), (FF), NEN, ZEX, SCOTT, PROF

Around the Network

I'm closer to Linkzmax's view of this than yours, prof.  "Elaborate scheme" might be overstating it -- it wasn't much more elaborate than "scheme" already implies -- but it was considerably more than a "simple move", which would IMO be a straightforward vote, or pushing to get someone lynched because you honestly want the day to end with them dead, or defending them because you honestly don't. 

Also, I like how you completely dodged the question of just what caused you to change your vote this time.  What makes it particularly lovely is that said dodge is accompanied by you asking essentially the same question of him

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I believe that it is a pretty good idea to end the day finally, and I also find it really funny that I was the only one mentioned by name who was lurking today and yesterday... there were seven players active during that period if we go back to the 25th there were an aditional player who posted more than once... okay... but that does not matter now... if we are lynching SAK today and he turns out to be scum I think everyone who voted for Scottie today looks scummy, same the other way around, also if the one lynched turns up town and then later the other one is scum it has the same effect... the only ones who will look scummy either way if one turns out to be scum are the three people who switched between the two... and finally...what do we do if both turn out to be scum?... oh... and if both are town... we screwed up the start. I demand (lol) that if the one who is lynched today is town we try lynch the other one!

Man... demanding is stressful...

ooh... With the two days mentioned as "today and yesterday" in my post I meant the 29th and 28th...

Final-Fan said:

I'm closer to Linkzmax's view of this than yours, prof.  "Elaborate scheme" might be overstating it -- it wasn't much more elaborate than "scheme" already implies -- but it was considerably more than a "simple move", which would IMO be a straightforward vote, or pushing to get someone lynched because you honestly want the day to end with them dead, or defending them because you honestly don't. 

Also, I like how you completely dodged the question of just what caused you to change your vote this time.  What makes it particularly lovely is that said dodge is accompanied by you asking essentially the same question of him

how did I not answer the question?

Scottie really looks to be just making noob mistakes. Can you say I'm wrong? Do those mistakes REALLY look like scum tricks? I agree that we aren't really risking anything by lynching scottie, as he may be too new to make proper decisions... but well, there you have it.

I'm extremly sorry for mnot posting so long in this thread, but I have a lot of RL things to take care off, I try to catch up but I need to 200 posts and that will need some time. Also I don't think I will post on the 31st December to 2nd January. If that's a problem better modkill me now before it causes too much trouble, however if you think it's ok that I'm absent until the 3rd January then of cousre you don't need to modkill me.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.