By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Final-Fan said:

...OH.  I had thought that the fact that you always seemed suspicious to people was something in your play style beyond your control -- but it seems that it's something you do deliberately. 

sympathy -2

Sympathy -1 would be more warranted. Even when I am actively not trying to be suspicious people still try to lynch me. As an example, all of day 2 has been me being open and honest as I ever am. No subtle trickery, silly games, or what have you. Not on enough to make it really work for me. Still you see the results, although they are slightly skewed.

@Nord
The problem is when it crosses a certain line it stops getting responses. As an example I have simply stopped reading Prof's posts about me. They have never really made sense to me, and always hinge on some wild mis-interpretation of what I have posted. It is neither fun, nor productive. I have tried to entertain him, but clearly he has decided that rather than be rational he will rashly attack me mostly in a baseless fashion. More importantly I am obviously not alone in that.

@Linkz
Yes, just as useful as any random post that offers nothing to back their assertions. Example. Final-fan is not posting enough content, he must be mafia! Lynch him! Would you listen to this post? I wouldn't. Your potals are not even a full step above that.

I also don't go out of my way to do it just to seem sketchy. I do it to guard the info I have. Should I pull a role with powers this becomes extra useful. For better and for worse. Of course if it is a change in my behavior specifically when I have such a role then the entire method becomes ineffective.

It is also more fun for me. I have stated something in the past that has gotten me in hot water, and I will state it here again regardless of the cost. I don't play to win. I play to have fun. I'd rather have a really close game that I lose at the 11th hour than one that is won by my side without anyone even having to bother trying. Once I stopped worrying about always winning I found the games just much more fun.

There are actual effective methods to "interrogate" me. It actually isn't even that hard to get me to respond. Notice how FF gets one everytime. Notice how Prof got plenty before he made it painfully obvious it was just a waste of my time. I can't imagine anyone who is used to playing with me ever having found it hard to get me to post in defense of myself. I will do it to extremes as I tend to get bandwaggoned out of existence very fast.

The tips that we have learned here? Don't make the post hard to read. Do your best not to twist the meaning of what I am posting to fit your own agenda or views of what I must mean. Don't make demands from on high. Don't get pissy if I don't respond as it just means I don't see anything to explore in that particular train of thought. As long as there are reasonable posts that don't warp reality in order to fuel a desperate attempt to attack me then I will respond as often as I can in great detail. I LIKE to do it really, as how someone pursues me tells me a lot about their alignment.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Here's something nice and easy to respond to, gnizmo.

Your amount of participation before and after night 1 has varied greatly. True or False.

For those of me who think it's scummy that I changed my vote. There's no real point for a townie to continue to vote for someone when no-one else is. A scum may want to avoid changing their vote because, as in this case it has attracted suspicion. I know that me defending nen is risky, if he did get killed and he was mafia then I would obviously be killed next, but I was completely unconvinced by the argument against him. I saw some partial logic against ST so I voted for him because I thought he was more likely to be scum than I did nen.

For those questioning my timing, I changed my vote as the last thing I did before going to my girlfriend's house, and this next post is pretty much the next opportunity I have had to visit this thread. I figured there was no point me having a useless vote and potentially missing my chance to influence the, at the time showdown between those voting nen or those voting ST or a couple of others. Now of course my vote for Silver tiger is doing very little, so unless I can find something more incriminating against him in the backlog, im going to have to again consider who, amongst those with votes for them already I consider most likely to be scummy. Sure, it may be refered to as bandwagoning, but as I picture it I'm sitting on the side of the bandwagon steering it towards those I think are most scummy, rather than simply letting it careeen off towards the orphanage.

Anyway, will doubtless be changing my vote soon, but I cant be on too long tonight so probably wont be now

/zombie elf says Merry Christmas

hohoho

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Fair warning: 
I don't expect to check this thread in the next 12 hours. 
For the 12 hours after that, no promises. 
For the day after that, I will try to at least glance in but I will be very preoccupied. 
After that, I should be able to muster a modest presence. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Found a picture of Washu as an elf!  Merry Christmas. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Just wanted to let you know I won't be active around christmas, but I keep reading the thread.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Current votes (10 required to lynch):

[2, L-8] ZEX: GNIZ, DTEWI

[2, L-8] HAT: (PROF), WONK, VET

[1, L-9] WONK: HAT

[2, L-8] NEN: (ST), (PROF), (FF), SAK, ZEX

[3, L-7] ST: TRUCK, NEN, SCOTT

[4, L-6] SCOTT: MG, RAD, ST, STEF

[0, L-10] MG: (SCOTT)

[4, L-6] SAK: NORD, LINK, PROF, FF

Christmas time is suppose to be holidays, but its more work for me >_<

This is Scottie first game so i wont hold it against him if played it safe and didn't post much

not to mention he didn't jump on the "lets lynch nen Express"  actually stood against St and that makes

me less suspicious of him.

As for SAK i dont really get him, his posts are short and most of the time he's just agreeing with another poster theories.

That how he always plays which makes it hard for me to figre out of he's scum or not.

I was expecting him to show up and defend him self, but he didnt so far. I'm just hoping if he's just another

lazy townie >_>

I still suspect St the most & I'm keeping my vote.

Oh and Merry Christmas.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Linkzmax said:

@prof:
1)My table lines up very closely with yours on most players. Notable differences being:
I'm harsher on myself, Wonk, FF, ST, and zexen for what I consider content. A lot of my numbers match yours with the addition of some "Gray" posts though
I'm harsher on MG, myself, and zexen for what I consider non-content
I'm not as harsh on you, Gniz, or j0 as far as non-content. Again, "Gray" posts could bring them "in line"

2)Also, thank you for the post on why j0 is suspicious to you. It's most of what I'd have brought up had I decided to vote j0 instead of SAK, but as I was going through the posts yet again last night I was worried I was just crazy/paranoid. You could be scum trying to set j0 up, but at least I can't argue with my own reasoning.

3)Finally, http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3828713. Are you referring to night two? That makes an assumption that we'll get to the night phase before then. There may be no time limit, but it seems several people are absent already and I'm not sure we're going to reach a majority vote soon. I'm not going to jump at anyone for having a leave at the moment, but I can't rule out Truck was hopeful that the night phase would come and go while gone as a way to prove he's not scum(or a non-vanilla townie).

1) I think the main difference is that to me, a contribution (read: content) is anything that presents an idea, disputes an idea, or gives me a read regarding that person or others.

For example, nen's post above I would not consider content. It's wishy-washy. Not that I suspect nen because of it, but the whole post just says "i don't know", and concludes with something I've already read before.

It's hard to explain, and it IS simply an opinion. I said Gniz has 6 contributions day 1, but 5 of them were only disputing my own theory on him with most of those being baseless defenses.

For example, according to the long dragged out conversation, "twisting my words" referred to me saying that one of his posts was a defense of a list of lurkers. His basic argument is "that was not a defense". To me, that kind of argument is baseless and hollow, which SHOULD fall under the category of being a non-contribution. However, I believe that argument does give me information, it gives me info on how he plays.

2) Honestly, the serious inquiry into j0 specifically, by three players now has me a bit concerned. I honestly believe that the first person to ask about j0 (either trucks or stefl, can't remember) seemed like an obvious mafia tell due to the fact that they didn't question themselves, but focused immediately on j0. This is why, when nordlead asked me "why j0", I thought it might be a mafia setup to discredit me. Assuming that j0 is town, and mafia of course know this, then if my suspicion of j0 was hollow enough, they could focus on that one, gain j0's trust, and help make my other suspicions look hollow by association. I'm glad that it's being given proper consideration, although the premier players like yourself and others makes me nervous that there is agreement in my analysis.

3) Yeah, looking at it now, it seems like night isn't going to happen before he gets back. So in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't seem to cast any further suspicion. I think the statement itself is more suspicious than the possible sequence of events he may or may not have been hoping for. Like you imply, I think it would have carried a lot more weight had we been in twilight or in sudden-death (L-1 or 2).