By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
nen-suer said:
theprof00 said:

What do you consider to be proper evidence?

What more can we have except observations. That is how you vote and lynch. You look at stuff and make a decision.

Meta game theories exist because they work. The top two, the two that work a majority of the time is the lurkers lynch and liars lynch.

Gut feelings is not an evidance....i mean how can you defend yourself against that ?!

Facts, Lies, unusual behavior and contradictions if you cant base your finding on at least one of these then

what you got is not a "proper evidence".

What do you consider to be unusual behavior?

Allow me this question: And what do you do if you have none of these? A good mafia team should be able to avoid any of these things. I'm suspicious that you think the only proper evidence is slips or cop investigations. It seems evasive.

Around the Network

Interesting how both prof and trucks are going after nen and ST respectively for similar reasons. 

playing safe and acting townie being some of them. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

theprof00 said:

(1)prime bandwagon span is this. It starts at the fourth vote (because that is a prime bandwagon spot...this is where a bandwagon really starts to pick up momentum) and ends at the tipping point vote (which is the vote that almost seals the rest of the votes coming in).

You are in that area along with ST, Radish, and zexen. Considering a no lynch, these are the spots that are most meant to "appear" pro-town. Yours was the only one that really acknowledged that it was too risky to try another lynch. Other players had different reasons. Yours simply stands out.

(2) so you don't like it because it makes you look like you're toying, or because you *feel* like you're toying? In any case, why would you be so worried about that? This makes me think that you don't want to draw suspicion to yourself.

Additionally, there are two mods to count votes. Voting and unvoting should not be a problem for them.

(3) Don't really understand what you mean here. There are 21 players. There were originally 20. It wouldn't make sense for the mods to add another scum simply based on an extra player being added. There are 3 townies to every scum, it would be completely imbalanced. So, even though GoW was modkilled, it doesn't affect anything. Before GoW was modkilled, we were at a very very good standing to survive a mislynch, thereby giving additional reason to lynch on day 1. After GoW died, the chances weren't that much worse. In an entirely equal 3-1 ratio, town can afford to lynch on day 1. If they don't, the interaction between mafia kills and lynches means that the game ends when mafia kills at night rather than when town mislynches the final day. In either scenario, town misses out on an extra lynch. If you don't understand, read my "mafia rules and hosting" thread for a more detailed explanation of how the numbers work out.

(4) Right. It isn't significant. One of the townies was an extra player who doesn't factor in to odds at all, and the other is a normal day 1 lynch where town has the best chances to lynch without impairment.

(5) I do? Please show me where I make you look like that. I find it hard to believe that that was a fact I was ignoring. More likely, it is you simply demonizing me with the argument that 'I always play like this'.

(6) If you mean that I am unpredictable, then you are correct in that. There's nothing I can really say against that reasoning, but I'm glad you brought it up.

(7) Your play consists of your argument that the number of players to scum is insignificant, your voting pattern, and your "safe" play. These are all tells in my opinion.

1- I voted right after noname post, that was the point that made me realize i will yet again vote no lynch.

And since we are allowed to make stuff up, no the prime bandwagon start  right after my vote so am safe (that was easy)

2- Ignoring facts again huh. I always do this, this not unusual behavior. I always unvote before voting

and i vote by the proper manner & with bolded font. I love rules and i like to follow them.

So your reason is invalid.

3- You can't tell me how i should feel. Hep voted no lynch and said the same thing i did and he is a confirmed townie. So its obvious not all feel the same way.

And after playing in the game you hosted I'm really not interested in you thread >_>

4- see no 3 (no need to argue with facts)

5- See no 2.

6- Yep that what i meant

7-So you want me dead because you don't like my play style? You could have said that from the beginning

so i didn't have to respond to the first 6 9i hate long posts)

Sorry you feel that, but i just want to have fun and see if i can spot the scum. right now you & St are my top supcts

and since its getting late i need my beaty sleep i'm gonna

Vote: Silver-Tiger

and go to bed. good night.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

theprof00 said:
radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
I'm also for lynching radish since I think he is playing completely differently than he did last game, and might be feeling a lot of pressure to look like town, which he is doing. Talking about hazards and safety "what's best for town", etc etc. Plus he's not posting much. I'm a little worried about him, but I think it can wait til later. 

I've always played safe :o It normally leads to my downfall, but I'm always keen to make sure that various vendettas etc. don't get out of control.

no, playing it safe is not what leads to your downfall. Do not try and substitute that excuse for your current situation.

Usually what happens is you say somethng completely scummy or act scummy, and get lynched for it. It was only because last game I knew you could not be mafia that I went to your aid. This time I see calmness and collectiveness. You haven't commented much on anything.

Last game, ask anyone, everything you said was scummy. And it wasn't because you were being boxed into the scummy category. You were literally saying some of the most suspicious things I've ever heard. However, your tone is what vindicated you in my eyes.

This game I don't see any of that.

I have to say I can totally see how radish is playing like the last game based on your own analysis.  Last time he was trying SO hard to appear pro-town that he actually lied to us to try to make himself appear more pro-town.  This time, he seems to have learned the ... unwisdom of that, and he's graduating to the more subtle ways of trying to appear pro-town. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

nen-suer said:

..(cut to not make post unnecessary long)..

Revenge vote? You're digging your grave deeper and deeper.

Do you have any reason for voting for me besides because I voted for you?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
nen-suer said:

Gut feelings is not an evidance....i mean how can you defend yourself against that ?!

Facts, Lies, unusual behavior and contradictions if you cant base your finding on at least one of these then

what you got is not a "proper evidence".

What do you consider to be unusual behavior?

Allow me this question: And what do you do if you have none of these? A good mafia team should be able to avoid any of these things. I'm suspicious that you think the only proper evidence is slips or cop investigations. It seems evasive.

Come one i really need to sleep...

Usual behavior can be as simple as playing differently. But it can be the hardest thing to detect

for example you have 2 players who always joke around together in mafia games suddenly stop doing it in one game which implies that maybe they don't want to associated with one another (both mafia).

I didn't say you cant vote for the hell of it. you are free to play the way you like.

but its easier to just use random.org :P

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
theprof00 said:
Why do you hate voting and unvoting?
I dont like it. makes me feel like your toying plus its makes it harder for the mod to count votes

My first reaction was "I think we can let the mod take care of himself". 
My second reaction was "What if he has a different reason he doesn't want to say, like he doesn't like that it makes him harder to track suspicion on him and his fellow mafia, or harder to spot who can be bandwagoned?"

I have to go to work and I'm acting a bit hastily, but it's only Day 2 so

Vote nen-suer

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

nen-suer said:

1- I voted right after noname post, that was the point that made me realize i will yet again vote no lynch.

And since we are allowed to make stuff up, no the prime bandwagon start  right after my vote so am safe (that was easy)

2- Ignoring facts again huh. I always do this, this not unusual behavior. I always unvote before voting

and i vote by the proper manner & with bolded font. I love rules and i like to follow them.

So your reason is invalid.

3- You can't tell me how i should feel. Hep voted no lynch and said the same thing i did and he is a confirmed townie. So its obvious not all feel the same way.

And after playing in the game you hosted I'm really not interested in you thread >_>

4- see no 3 (no need to argue with facts)

5- See no 2.

6- Yep that what i meant

7-So you want me dead because you don't like my play style? You could have said that from the beginning

so i didn't have to respond to the first 6 9i hate long posts)

Sorry you feel that, but i just want to have fun and see if i can spot the scum. right now you & St are my top supcts

1) ok you are right, you were the third poster. I apologize for the oversight. I misread a vote total. Anyways, I am not "making stuff up". Bandwagon span is real. It's a lesser meta-rule, but it ahs existed long before I brought it up here. In the last 5 games others have talked about 4th vote and tipping vote. The only thing I do not recall seeing is the span vote. But I assure you that it is real. You should read the mafiascum board before you start saying things like that.

2) If by "ignoring facts again" you mean something else, please explain. I made no implication that your vote itself was scummy, but that your reasoning and placement were scummy.

3) No Heph didn't say the same thing you did.

He said:

"yeah... not much sense in dwelling on day one more, i'll only bring confusion.

Vote: Nolynch

Goodnight! don't let the bed bugs bite! (or in this case evil elves)"

You said:

"Vote: no lynch

I dint have any want who really warrant a vote and with gow being mod killed i thinks its best to not take anymore

chances"

Heph talks about confusion, whereas you talk about mislynch. While the comments are similar, there is a distinct difference in that yours refers to a mislynch and his does not.

lol "after playing in the game you hosted, I am not interested in your thread". passive aggressive much? That thread has information pulled from many different sources and has contributions from other players. The number of townie vs mafia is concrete. Don't be rude.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your post after that, except, you said in (7) "so you don't like my playstyle". Nowhere have I said that. I said that based on your play so far in this game, you seem scummy. You talk to me like I'm a jerk when you're making things up that paint me in that light.

Silver-Tiger said:
nen-suer said:

..(cut to not make post unnecessary long)..

Revenge vote? You're digging your grave deeper and deeper.

Do you have any reason for voting for me besides because I voted for you?

Is....that ........a threat ?

nah, i'm not the kind of guy who revenge vote (i would have voted Zex day 1)

Scottie is lurking an unbelievable amount, his last post was about 4 days ago

He was last online 7 hours ago

Lurking is not productive to the town, might as well not be playing

Not only that he was also posting in different threads, it makes it seem like he is totally ignoring this game. Like others that have said before me new players that are mafia usaully  try to post as little as possible and only come out when they are acussed.

Last game I when was mafia and I did the same thing so,

Vote:Scottie

Scottie, get your ass back in this thread.

-