By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

yes i know. But that really doesn't matter. It's the reaction.

It wasn't a counter-point, it was an escape. Doesn't matter what I said. 

Also, as far as making nen protect radish:

If there is no kill, you confess.  A false confession claiming that nen protected ff instead. Just need to "act" a little bit, gruff about how townies are too dumb to follow directions....or say you're leaving the site, etc. 

If he claims that you're a townie making a gamble, then you have proof that he knows you're a townie.
If he votes you, you come out and explain your gamble.
If he avoids you, you call him out on it.

If there is a kill:

If FF: just need to convince radish that nen is the mafia. 

If you can get first post:

"HAHA, well I don't know why noname hasn't ended this yet, you just left two masons and yourself. I'm sure radish will be around to vote you, and I'll give him the pleasure of his third mafia hammer"

or

"I'm the cop and I finally got a read, and nen, you're scum." Follow it up with information you've put together and point out his plan.

you guys are making it out to be more difficult than it really is. 

This is 1000% better than voting without evidence, because at least the survivor has 100% surety that nen is the mafia.

Fair enough on the counter-point.

For a fake confession, nen would never say I'm a townie making a gamble because that does nothing for him.

If he votes me he could just say "you're right, I had a feeling you were scum and since I fibbed about being able to protect myself I took a gamble and protected FF instead of radish. Thanks for making it easy on us!" Then vote, vote, vote same result of town losing.

Though I have do wonder what FF's take would've been had I made such a confession.

If there was a kill, radish already has stated that he'd have voted for myself or FF. Neither of those first posts are convincing. One, Truck didn't name me as a mason so radish would immediately know I'm lying. The only way that would work is if nen was dumb enough to buy it and give up, which is not true. I made it quite clear I'm not the cop, and it would've taken an incredible story of bad luck to have never hit scum or enough confirmable townies to win earlier than then. Really there was no convincing and the same is true if I was night killed and FF had to attempt it, and really this is why we'd have lost anyway. I just saved us a night and additional day. No blame placed on radish though, I bit on the claim too. If I blame anyone it's all of the inactives, 4 masons would've proven to be an insanely amazing asset for town had it been active players.

You're missing the point that it doesn't matter if one townie knows for certain that nen is mafia. If anything it'd have been better to force nen to protect himself.

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
zexen_lowe said:
Wonktonodi said:
zexen_lowe said:
Wonktonodi said:
zexen_lowe said:

I guess I analyzed the game better when alive than dead, I told ya guys to lynch nen

maybe next time GIVE REASONS!!

I did. In fucking day two. And then I leave for seventeen days and find out that you guys ignored me and lynched a townie...

Wasn't really compelled to justify myself after that -_-

yes but when you come back you could have used all the things that happend since as more evidence.

Meh, what for, you said barely anything and you had already someone FoSing you, "There's 5 mafia" "OMG ZEXEN IS SCUM", "I'm leaving for a couple days" "OMG ZEXEN ISN'T POSTING AND HE'S SCUM" "Can we kill SAK like we were planning to" "OMG ZEXEN IS SCUM".

It was a bit depressing to be honest

How do you think it was for us who were here the whole time?  You come back and hardly said much.  We were hoping well at least I was that after loosing all those players who had been inacitve we would have someone actualy participate again.  Then you said almost nothing now that was really depressing :(

Gee, did you really expect me to analyze deeply every single post done in my absence? I never playlike that, fuck I almost skip long posts in a regular mafia game because they're usually useless (same thing as lists), it was a given that I'd read hastily everything and carry on with my previous action. Unless the one that returned from holiday was a different me, which didn't happen

Wonktonodi said:

So day 2 we went from scum to scum to town :(

Indeed we did. It really would've been worth lynching nen day three and then MG and SAK would've followed.

Also looking back, I love reading scottie's insistence that nen was town. XD

theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:

not that much better.  Radish was so sure of nen, nothing really would have changed that. 

and the alternative is?

If radish wouldn't vote nen on that day, then he wasn't getting lynched anyway.

It's MUCH better.

So you go from Radish picking out of a hat (which is what he almost admittedly says he did) due to so much confusion, to giving him a real thorough, thought out post on why nen is the mafia. You have full proof, beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I'm talking about alternatives I'm talking about the reality of the situation.  Nen was pretty much cleared as town one person knowing he is the final scum wouldn't really help that much any reasons or proof you would try and use to say that nen is scum would be seen as mafia trying to frame nen and win the game. 

So what I'm saying is the game was over once most the town bought nen's claim.

theprof00 said:

also, where's next game sign-up?

And when can we see the other quicktopics?

Also, since off-topic no longer appears on the frontpage, we are going to have to contact people to play. Kinda sucks. Maybe we can get bumped to "gaming" forum.

GFT. I wasn't lying when I said I was anxious to see the various topics. My analysis seems to be better dead than alive. I did get Stefl though, and I was heavily suspicious of MG, SAK, and hat even if I played no part of their modkill/lynchings.

I'm going to have to finish watching Death Note before getting into the thick of the next round though. Seeing the battle between L and Kira had me double guessing EVERYTHING I thought here, even if I never said as much.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:

Fair enough on the counter-point.

For a fake confession, nen would never say I'm a townie making a gamble because that does nothing for him.

If he votes me he could just say "you're right, I had a feeling you were scum and since I fibbed about being able to protect myself I took a gamble and protected FF instead of radish. Thanks for making it easy on us!" Then vote, vote, vote same result of town losing.

Though I have do wonder what FF's take would've been had I made such a confession.

If there was a kill, radish already has stated that he'd have voted for myself or FF. Neither of those first posts are convincing. One, Truck didn't name me as a mason so radish would immediately know I'm lying. The only way that would work is if nen was dumb enough to buy it and give up, which is not true. I made it quite clear I'm not the cop, and it would've taken an incredible story of bad luck to have never hit scum or enough confirmable townies to win earlier than then. Really there was no convincing and the same is true if I was night killed and FF had to attempt it, and really this is why we'd have lost anyway. I just saved us a night and additional day. No blame placed on radish though, I bit on the claim too. If I blame anyone it's all of the inactives, 4 masons would've proven to be an insanely amazing asset for town had it been active players.

You're missing the point that it doesn't matter if one townie knows for certain that nen is mafia. If anything it'd have been better to force nen to protect himself.

I'll concede that it would still be difficult to win.

However, knowing who the mafia is is a much better position than arguing against a townie. And despite my examples not working for your exact specific case, I know you could've found a way to convince radish. I just haven't taken the time to analyze your exact position to guess what had a good chance of working.

Anyway, we'll let radish solve the problem.

@Radish

If a plan was put forth to "no lynch" and make nen defend you, and then ff died in the night....could you have been convinced nen was mafia? I'm not going to ask specifically what should be said to convince you, but do you think there was a chance you could've been convinced?

BAH!

I was right about nen. Even the part for why zex was killed. 

Linkz - you're a great arguer. Your only problem is that you are completely wrong most of the time. -___-

At least I won my bet! Dtewi get ready for your ass to be banned.  

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

also, im going to have to urge you all that if you cannot play, do not bother signing up again.

c03n3nj0 said:

BAH!

I was right about nen. Even the part for why zex was killed. 

Linkz - you're a great arguer. Your only problem is that you are completely wrong most of the time. -___-

At least I won my bet! Dtewi get ready for your ass to be banned.  

Speaking of which, get your ass to the chat, we didn't agree how much time he will

theprof00 said:

also, where's next game sign-up?

And when can we see the other quicktopics?

For the first question, soon.  For the latter, only after all the participants give me their okay.  The mason one doesn't need ALL the masons to give their okay (because most of the masons never posted there... -_-), and the mafia one has some members who haven't logged on in a while.