By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Linkzmax said:
hatmoza said:

I'm starting to doubt there's a cop in the game. I think Masons replaced him.

Future recommendation: Theme game where every one gets a power role so nobody loses interest in the game.

... even at the risk of watering our brains down.

I disagree with the doubt that you and nen seem to have. Especially if by the golden rule(which I largely disagree with for large mostly vanilla games) there are four mafia left. Two or even three masons aren't very powerful. It can be helpful, but far less so than a cop or any investigative role.

I do think a round with mostly powers would be fun for next time or a round shortly after.

That's what we've been trying not to do. >_>
But if people want them back, then hey, let 'em. 

Actually, the golden rule (I'm assuming you mean the one where every 3 players are mafia) works best in large vanilla games. You can't really rely on it in power games, because there are many more factors into the roles than just mafia vs town. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm not too happy with that last round of modkills, previously we traded 1 non-active Mafia for 2 non-active townies which seemed like a fair trade but now we're down to 4 townies for 1 Mafia, that's a huge blow!

In other news, I'm starting to get a better feel of who might be Mafia but it comes from who I know to be town and who I believe to be town so I'm not gonna post it just now. I'm gonna wait until I have more time to structure my thoughts (that's tonight for the curious ones).

Aye, now we're at 5 townies for 1 Mafia, and I think MG was pretty much a gift at that. As he said he didn't have internet, and unless he was posting on the scumboard he hadn't been online since before the rules were posted. Not that I feel bad since his side is so close to victory anyway.

Back to the kill count: that's basically two mislynches and one good lynch plus the three night kills. Which is 3 missed days of voting, and 3 less bodies as a trail of evidence. As well as three less investigations assuming there actually is a cop. Not that I blame noname(I still think it was the right move, ::applause::) for their lack of participation, but all of the information we don't have, well.. it absolutely sucks.

I see Wonk made a similar point. I can't say I agree that the cop would go after talkers more than lurkers, since lurking is usually a scumtell. Furthermore, it's possible that scum would've left 3 of the lurkers alive and pretty much wiped out everyone left that's active. No use speculating on what could've been though, it's time to turn things in the right direction. Town has a ton to gain with a win, let's make it happen!

TruckOSaurus said:

Okay, I know this is not the standard way of going about this but last time I did that (a long long time ago) I got three out of four Mafia members so maybe I'll have to same luck here.

I'm gonna start by listing people I believe to be town from least suspicious to most suspicious (but still likely town):

TruckOSaurus
Kantor
Radishhead
Linkzmax (huge contribution to the town and most of his posts feel like he's genuinely looking for scum)
SuperAdrianK (yes he made a mistake but MG being Mafia and him trying to lynch him early make me place him here)
nen-suer (same point as SAK but MG pushed for his lynch a lot later which is why I'm less certain it was a setup)
c03n3nj0 (odd as it may seem because he voted for me when I wasn't on the radar, which I don't think the Mafia would do)
--------------------

And now we come to the others on which I'm uncertain of:

hatmoza (I always have a hard time reading hatmoza because he's always consistent in his own unique play style)
Final-Fan (same as hatmoza I can't read the guy)
Wonk (He contributed a lot but I haven't got the same townie feeling as from Linkzmax, he seems to focus on small details, get tunnel vision)
Stefl1504 (I know some players find him suspicious, personnally I don't have an opinion right now but I'm gonna check back to see if something pops out)
zexen_lowe (Absent most of the game, contributed very few past the number of Mafia debate)

So with 4 Mafia left and 5 people I'm uncertain of, I feel more confident that I'll hit gold and vote for scum today. I'll start by looking into Wonk and Stefl first.

It's interesting that I'm suspicious of you, and most of the other people I'm suspicious of are in your town list. I'm about to do a major reread,(and check some things prof had mentioned) but I'll list the order I feel at this moment is most likely town to most likely scum.

Linkzmax - It seems many agree that I'm town. There's a ton I could say about that, but I'm not sure it's helpful. Five or more requests to elaborate, and I will do so.
zexen_lowe - Just always had a town vibe with him. There isn't really enough to go on, but with the very long absence I don't see him as a threat
nen-suer - Says a lot of things that make me facepalm, but I don't see him as the mafia mastermind
SuperAdrianK - Very similar to nen, above. He'd be much lower on the list, but I feel he was a set-up.
hatmoza - nord flipped town. Still there's always the possibility hat was using that to say he can't possibly be scum.
Wonk - I just have a feeling the tunnel vision is that of a newbie townie, so I lean that way very slightly.
Final-Fan - Just about neutral. Not sure I remember a lot of scumhunting happening though.
TruckOSaurus - Some of it has to do with prof's suspicions and some has to do with what I feel would be a wealth of information should the flip be scum. I'll detail further later.
Radishhead - Backed up MG on scottie.
c03n3nj0 - I think my list of things with j0 has grown larger than that of Stefl. By the way, it's grown(or rather shrunk)to be quite seemingly unimportant, so I'll explain my comment about the "odd" vote of Truck now. It's exactly the "useless" snippet that you removed, talking about scottie/Truck.
Stefl1504 - It's where my vote is now, but I'm going to have to fully explain that soon. Stefl may still lead my list of scumspects and I might switch my vote anyway, simply because another scumspect would have more to offer with a flip. That's why I'm off to do the reread

I'll keep refreshing the thread to see if there's anything new, but I think it goes without saying that it's going to take some time for my next list.

I don't suppose the cop could get one or two free investigations?

I was going to ask TOS why he thought Kantor was so innocent, but it's a moot point now. 

Linkzmax:  although lurkers are suspicious, unless I'm mistaken it's pretty much a matter of record that cops tend to investigate active people.  Possibly because they investigate town leaders due to the influence they wield, or just because active people catch their attention. 

Also, I realize zexen has legitimate reasons for being gone but I'm still surprised he survived the purge considering just how long he's been gone.  Was there an ETA on his return? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I admit I haven't been great at scumhunting this game.  One reason is that I tend to rely on memory more than thread rereading, and this game has been particularly hard on that style of play -- for me, anyway, and I believe others have made comments to that effect.  I do mean to get on that reread, though. 

I still have that gut feeling about c03n3nj0, though I honestly can't point to evidence to try to sway anyone.  Nevertheless with the way the game is I am willing to make it a vote. 

Vote c03n3nj0

However, please note that the last thing I want is to shut down discussion, especially with some kind of Linkzmax tour de force in the offing. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network

Current votes (6 required to lynch):

[2, L-4] SAK: STEF, (RAD), NEN

[1, L-5] STEF: LINK

[0, L-6] HAT: (WONK)

[1, L-5] NEN: SAK

[0, L-6] LINK: (RAD)

[1, L-5] TRUCK: J0

[1, L-5] JO: FF

Votes for a time limit (3 required): STEF

Also Linkzmax I don't know how you feel about all this trust, but let me just moderate it a bit by saying that I am keeping in mind that being a trusted town leader is an awesome place for a mafia to be if he can pull it off, and you are doing a good job of keeping yourself there.  High risk but high return -- I wouldn't guess that's your style but you've only played a couple games here and none as mafia yet IIRC. 

@noname:
I agree with FF. An extra(I think two would be pushing it though) cop investigation would nice. Especially if the players already investigated have now been modkilled. It's up to you if you're going to inform everyone as to your decision on this matter, or just work through PMs if you do decide it's a good idea.

@everyone:
Thoughts on having the cop claim now? As I said earlier, it's important to be wary of a cop claim/counterclaim. I said that because if the game is in mylo or lylo there is no way to be sure the claim can be trusted. I think a claim today may be necessary with it likely being down to 7 townies and 4 scum, since there's only one mislynch left available.

@FF:
I also shared anyone's sentiments that Kantor was innocent. Actually I thought Wonk was on the money about him having a role and I was worried Kant was simply not modkilled with nord and Gniz because he was more vital. It is moot though.

On who the cop would investigate. I agree that normally that is the case. This round though was so heavily bogged down with lurkers and with mafia picking off the active players, it would actually have been a decent strategy to investigate lurkers and either hit scum or gain enough confirmed townies to win anyway.

Zexen should be back in the next couple of days according to http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3833913.
To be honest, if he is mafia I believe he should've been gifted as a modkill to keep things more balanced.

I rely on memory a lot myself, but I also keep previous pages open so I can quickly find things I may be misremembering. It is becoming quite hard to recall details, especially day two because it was so long in real time. Fortunately(though I bet we'd be on day five or six by now) the day one pace of posting hasn't been kept, because there'd likely be triple the number of posts to go through.

j0 is who I am most likely to switch my vote to. I don't think there's any worry of discussion or the day ending before I finish up.

I have been quite vocal, but I don't really think I've done any leading. If I am seen as a trusted town leader.. well, then I feel pressured by it. I don't want to lose the game if the townies follow my lead and I'm wrong. Which is why I'm going to try quite hard to figure out possible teams today. Hopefully it brings a proper lynch and sets day four off to a great start, but in the event that it is a mislynch I want what I think is the next most-likely scenario already known. I don't know anything to be fact, but anything I don't say may just go unseen by others.
If I was mafia in the town leader position, then I'd feel far less pressured. I don't think it would be too hard to cause a mislynch, and even if I were called for the gallows the next day it wouldn't cost my faction the game.

As for my reread. It's going slow so far,(just finished page 2) especially because I read the first few pages sooo many times already. I can't really note much until I'm up to the present, but two things did strike me so far.
The first is just something I found funny: ST(Townie) made a note that Soleron/nordlead(Townie), Scottie(Townie), and IMU/dtewi/Kantor(Townie) had yet to post. Gnizmo(Townie) somewhat defended them and prof(Townie) jumped on that and it led to a fairly big discussion between the two for the rest of the day and somewhat into the next. I can't fault ST,(Though he was incorrect as scottie actually had posted) Gniz, or prof for anything they posted on the matter, just interesting that not a single mafiosi was in that group.
Second is j0's list, a summary of everyone so far early in day one. Absent from the list are Stefl(who mentions his absence) and Truck.

I might get through page 3 before I turn in for the night, but I've been itching to play some Civ V for a while now so that will come first. I have plenty of time tomorrow, so I hope to push through the reread then.

Linkzmax said:

I see Wonk made a similar point. I can't say I agree that the cop would go after talkers more than lurkers, since lurking is usually a scumtell. Furthermore, it's possible that scum would've left 3 of the lurkers alive and pretty much wiped out everyone left that's active. No use speculating on what could've been though, it's time to turn things in the right direction. Town has a ton to gain with a win, let's make it happen!

I meant in this game where there were some many quiet going after the lurkers wouldn't have been as helpful as going after those who talk. But yes we need to get the scum now.

TruckOSaurus said:

c03n3nj0 (odd as it may seem because he voted for me when I wasn't on the radar, which I don't think the Mafia would do)
--------------------

Well it it seems to be a bit safe of a place to vote for someone not on the radar.  It isn't a revenge or bandwagon vote.  It alows them to be active and not be seen as lurking.  If the town myslynches he'd not be the first one looked at.   So it's a vote to keep himself safe.  Something the mafia do actually do.

With FF now voting for him and Links with his strong suspcions on him I'm thinking there is a small posability of a set up. FF's post about links being a town leader, being a big I'm keeping my eye on you.  However I'm still thinking it's more likely they are town than not.

I need to reread j0's posts.