By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
radishhead said:

The main problem is that we're all too good at mafia now - there's no way of telling the town and the mafia apart. So much so, that when an inexperienced player arrives (Scottie), he gets lynched immediately because there's nothing else to work with.

I think that we need to think of some sort of exciting new innovation for future Mafia games. Maybe multiple mafia families? New roles, or something like the DBZ game? Something to spice it up a bit.

I stink at mafia, I don't know what you're talking about.

Thats what makes mafia fun, it wouldn't be fun if we followed the cop or anything similar to that, anyways...

Why would I want endanger myself nen, I'm as much endagerned as it is, lol.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I explained it once before to j0. You actually thought it too. "Bussing" is scum throwing another "under the bus."

Well, not that there's anything wrong with your term, but considering that there is a "Bus Driver" role that has been in several previous games, whose action was univerally referred to as "bussing", you can expect people to be confused when you use it until you've explained it at least ten times.  I guess the question is whether you'd rather do that than alter your vocabulary. 

Well most of the terms I know come from the mafiascum wiki, so I use the "Bussing" from there. Since a bus driver swaps two players or "drives" them, I don't find the term fitting as such. However, since that seems to be common here, I'll just try to steer clear from the term completely in the future and just make it clear what I mean instead.

Linkzmax said:

My thoughts on nord? Well it branches into 3 possibilities(well 4):
1) Both nord and SAK are scum - nord was trying to bus SAK to gain some credibility
2) Only nord is scum - nord was trying to set SAK up/later claim SAK's blunder was trivial and say anyone that jumped on it was suspicious
3) nord is town - nord thinks SAK is scum/later claim SAK's blunder was trivial and say anyone that jumped on it was suspicious

I lean towards 3(a) myself as that's where I fit. However, the others could make sense too. It's something that's only more telling if either winds up dead.

damnit lost my post...

So you think that if SAK is scum nord has to be scum, could you explain that to me with a little more detail or am I misunderstanding something here?

Also I still think Wonk is up to no good... But since he now is somehow one of the most contributing players I want him to stay as long as possible...

I also think that the Mafia are in the seven surviving players who voted for scottie yesterday. So the following players:

Linkz
Stefl1504
Hatmoza
Wonktonodi
Radish
Final-Fan
j0

I still don't know what to do with Gnizmo right now... he also hasn't answered me on my question...

The people of whome I think they are probably town are Kantor, Nord and Zexen...

Stefl1504 said:

I'm not sure how you arrived at that at all. I clearly state I lean towards 3(a) which is nord is town and thinks SAK is scum. I don't know if that's the case or if he's right or wrong in that thought if it is. It's quite possible SAK is scum and nord is town.

Nice, I was looking for this list from you. I mean it's quite obvious who'd be on it, I just wanted you to state it. I find it strange that you don't rule yourself out in any way. Also, how many mafia do you think are in that list?

I can see how you've arrived at nord and zexen probably being town. What makes you think that about Kantor, or was it dtewi's posts that gave you that feeling?

SuperAdrianK said:
radishhead said:

The main problem is that we're all too good at mafia now - there's no way of telling the town and the mafia apart. So much so, that when an inexperienced player arrives (Scottie), he gets lynched immediately because there's nothing else to work with.

I think that we need to think of some sort of exciting new innovation for future Mafia games. Maybe multiple mafia families? New roles, or something like the DBZ game? Something to spice it up a bit.

I stink at mafia, I don't know what you're talking about.

Thats what makes mafia fun, it wouldn't be fun if we followed the cop or anything similar to that, anyways...

Why would I want endanger myself nen, I'm as much endagerned as it is, lol.

I consider you to be one of the pros xO

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Stefl1504 said:

I'm not sure how you arrived at that at all. I clearly state I lean towards 3(a) which is nord is town and thinks SAK is scum. I don't know if that's the case or if he's right or wrong in that thought if it is. It's quite possible SAK is scum and nord is town.

Nice, I was looking for this list from you. I mean it's quite obvious who'd be on it, I just wanted you to state it. I find it strange that you don't rule yourself out in any way. Also, how many mafia do you think are in that list?

I can see how you've arrived at nord and zexen probably being town. What makes you think that about Kantor, or was it dtewi's posts that gave you that feeling?

OK, now I'm curious.  Why did you want him to be the one to provide that list?  And why is it strange in a remarkable way that he includes himself in the list of people who voted for scottie, among whom he believes mafia lie? 

Incidentally, if I had to pick one out of that list, my instinct would be to pick j0. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Linkzmax said:
c03n3nj0 said:

You know, if we with # 2, then that lowers the pool for possible mafia a bit. 

If we also take off you and linkz (because linkz has been contributing, and because you just brought this list up again) then we would have 8 players left, with half of them being mafia, 'cause there's possibly four. At that point is thinning it out of innocent looking people until you have a nice number close to four. 

After pulling a stunt like the one in #2, then the mafia would be people trying to lay low. What's the point of trying to cast suspicion on other players and then being suspicious yourself, y'know? 

That would put nen, FF, heph and maybe nord under suspicion. Also because they're so quiet, especially coming from them. 

The only problem with everything I just voted for TruckO. So.... I think there's a chance #1 could be true. 

Omitted most of the pyramid, see http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3856284 for the post in it's originality.

Alrighty, there's sooo much wrong with this post.

1) First, since you're on the list if you're mafia of course you'd want to write it off. Even if you weren't on the list, as mafia you could just be covering for a scumbuddy that is on the list. If you are a townie, there's no way you can be sure everybody on the list isn't scum.

2) It's also troubling to me that you seem pretty confident to rule out myself and hat as townies. I may have contributed a ton and still not given hat(or Wonk) much to try to pin on me, but you still don't have a reason to trust me. And hat for bringing up the list!? If he's mafia he could easily be using it to push mislynches or save scum.

3) Lastly, who did you mean instead of heph?  Since he's been dead since night one. 4) Nord hasn't said anything at all for quite a long time, but he's been sick. Still he's probably one of the players noname is eyeing for a modkill. I'd also say FF and nen have done more than radish, Gniz, or Kant. So really I can't agree with your list at all even if I agreed with everything you did to narrow things down.

1) I'm not sure everybody on the list is not scum. My post was for the sake of discussing the possibilities brought by #2.

2) Well, yes, you're right. For all I know you're scum pretending to be outraged that I' wasn't being suspicious of you!

But here's the reasoning: The post is all under the idea that #2 is correct, so if it is, A mafia hatmoza wouldn't want to get attention of the list, if he had worked to make all the people suspicious in the first place. As for you, it was for the sake of dwindling the numbers, and you were the most-likely to be town. 

3)  You got me with heph. I don't freaking now. I saw his name on the page, and it just stuck when I was typing. 

4) Yes, Nord is too sick too post. That doesn't affect his role, though. He could've still been able to plan during the night, or just let his partners. Anyhow, nen and FF are less likely to be modkilled than radish, gniz or kant (although radish isn't in any threat to be mod-killed.... you can throw him in to replace heph, if you want) and that's why I chose them. Having all the mafia being modkilled is useless, and I doubt it will ever happen. 

Also note that I don't think Nord will be modkilled anytime soon, simply because he (and along with zex, who I seemed to have forgot about) have legitimate reasons to no be here. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

If prof's list has absolutely nothing to do with his death I'm just gonna smack you all!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Final-Fan said:

OK, now I'm curious.  Why did you want him to be the one to provide that list?  And why is it strange in a remarkable way that he includes himself in the list of people who voted for scottie, among whom he believes mafia lie? 

Incidentally, if I had to pick one out of that list, my instinct would be to pick j0. 

Well I've been trying to get a sense of who Stefl actually suspects based on the voting for scottie since day three began. I already stated that I question why Stefl immediately voted for SAK instead of trying to find scum from the players that voted scottie, or even voting AND doing the latter.

Now even though he hasn't narrowed down the list at all, it isn't in the order of the votes nor is it in the order of the player list in the OP. So I have to assume the order has some meaning, though I don't know what at the moment.

It's strange because he doesn't rule himself out. It's as simple as that. If I had thought the same thing,(that mafia focused their vote on scottie yesterday) I'd list the voters also. But knowing I'm town myself I'd already narrow it down to one fewer, which raises the odds of hitting scum. Sure nobody else would have a reason to trust me, but I do my math based on the fact that I won't be lynching myself.

I'd pick Stefl, radish, or j0 myself.

Linkzmax said:

Well I've been trying to get a sense of who Stefl actually suspects based on the voting for scottie since day three began. I already stated that I question why Stefl immediately voted for SAK instead of trying to find scum from the players that voted scottie, or even voting AND doing the latter.

Actually it was the list on the OP just that I exchanged myself and linkz... I did not even do it intentionaly... just by mistake...

I have some I suspect more on the list, also I thought I should always post my name on such lists, also I believe that there are two or three of the people on that list scum... also I was hoping for some people to quickly jump on SAKs lynchtrain, like Radish did, but he imediatly unvoted after that. Nen also voted for him, he also said earlier that he thinks MG and SAK are related somehow, then 'soon' after his vote MG turned out to be scum...I think Radishs vote could really have been a mistake but I don't want to believe it... I don't know what to think about nens vote, because of his actions before voting for SAK...