By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect is on pace to be the fastest-selling device of all time

It will if they have a good 2011 lineup.... But if not it will drop in sales.... But for now its looking good.... And its alot of fun, no wonder its selling like crazy..... Congrats to microsoft overall..... Very good

Around the Network

Amazing sales indeed. but it is not a device it is an addon to a device. It is ignorant comparing it to an iphone4, which on its own does something. 

Lets start tracking how many hdds or memory sticks or dvd-rs have been sold. Are they not devices by this definition?

Only if you don't count a bunch of things for various unspecified reasons that the PR reps figure they can make something up on the fly to make people shut up about it and buy their propaganda 

Cobretti2 said:

Amazing sales indeed. but it is not a device it is an addon to a device. It is ignorant comparing it to an iphone4, which on its own does something.

Lets start tracking how many hdds or memory sticks or dvd-rs have been sold. Are they not devices by this definition?

Fnatastic post sin't also "got" to be added to the main list simply because a microsoft fanboy can't get over the sales so has to find a way to get it highlighted even more? Add on exactly in the same league as HDD and blanks dvd's

Not sure what other places are like but I am in Scarborough Canada and a week before Christmas there were tonnes of Kinect bundles, Kinect standalones, Xbox 360 stand alones along with Wii and PS3 at the Best Buy and Future Shops.  The day before Christmas I dropped by those two flagship stores in my city and all the Kinect bundles were gone.  They only had the 360 and standalone Kinect.  Some customers are asking the stores why don't they just bundle them and give them the special pricing but no go.   The day after Christmas is our equicvalent of "black friday" called "Boxing day".  I avoided the malls as it is like a zoo.  Today I dropped by the flagship Best Buy to see if I can pick up Kinectimals and there are no 360's, Kinect bundles or even stand alone kinect left.  All the top Kinect games including Kinectimals are gone with just a handful of crappy UFC and that awfulAdrenalin misfits game stil lavailable.  There were still tonnes of PS3 around.  MS needs to step up and replenish while the product is hot.

Around the Network
Raze said:

I disagree. The Rabbit seems to be the fastest selling device, thanks to the many women of the world. =P

Is the rabbit the same thing as the Bullet???

If so, I agree.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I like how people stiil feel frustrated  about Kinect Sales!! Kinect rocks!!!

Microsoft Corp. presents...

A Microsoft Game Studios production...

Starring Kinect...

-*- EXTREME PR SPIN -*-

eliasg said:

I like how people stiil feel frustrated  about Kinect Sales!! Kinect rocks!!!

I dont get their frustation. But i am glad kinect is doing well as i want more games made for it

Who cares honestly. The marketing for this device alone(which was actually engineered by the same firm that marketed the Wii originally) was enough to give it huge success, the timing at christmas, with NO competition, was the largest heavyweight behind it. MS are being destroyed by Google and Apple in every other sphere of computer technology, and the Kinects success won't change this fact at the end of the day (this fin. article is saying the same thing). 

I am genuinly happy for expanded gaming markets, and i am incredibly surprised that this "over saturated" market segment has been so willing to adopt this new tech, and so soon after the Wii, but I am not happy with the products accuracy, and most VGChartz users would agree with me.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.