By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infinity Blade originally conceived as a Kinect game.

If you've played iOS slasher Infinity Blade as much as us, you've probably spent some of your finger-callous massaging sessions thinking, "Why couldn't I be hacking up the God King in the completely callous-free world of Kinect?"

Believe it or not, developer Chair Entertainment is way ahead of you ... and even ahead of itself, in a sense, according to co-founder Donald Mustard.

"We always have some cool ideas on deck, and kind of the inception of Infinity Blade began as a discussion around: 'If we were going to make a Kinect title, what would we make? What would a Chair Kinect game look like?'," Mustard revealed. "That discussion happened, you know, a year and a half ago. We had this really cool design, and it's not that dissimilar from the game you're playing today; it's just been refined and adapted to the iOS screen, which honestly I think is where the design works the best."

Mustard made clear that Infinity Blade isn't a Kinect game rejiggered for iOS so much as an idea sparked by Microsoft's device that found its home on iOS platforms. That said, Chair isn't closing any doors toInfinity Blade on Xbox 360.

"Yeah," co-founder Geremy Mustard added, "if the Kinect really takes off over the holiday season, who knows?"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/14/infinity-blade-conceived-as-a-kinect-game/

Around the Network

LOL...welll, I guess Chair is going to be REALLY busy working on a Kinect game!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I wanted to open up a topic regarding this.  Any hints on how to do so?  I'm so bummed it's not coming to my Droid 2!!!!

If Kinect really takes off over holiday season? . . .

F'year, Infinity Blade XBLA next year.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I'm almost certian they are going to do it...it didn't make any sense that they DIDN'T anyway.  First off, for all the touted success of this game, Shadow Complex did gangbuster on XBLA, and now, you can code for XBLA, and port it to WP7 and PC, methinks this game will be out on XBLA in 2 months.  The proof of concept was to push a flagship title on iOS, but XBLA is too rich an option to pass up.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

SC2 or gtfo!

p.s. retail version please.

Jadedx said:

SC2 or gtfo!

p.s. retail version please.

No need for a retail version.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I don't think I have ever heard of Infinity Blade.

Nsanity said:

If you've played iOS slasher Infinity Blade as much as us, you've probably spent some of your finger-callous massaging sessions thinking, "Why couldn't I be hacking up the God King in the completely callous-free world of Kinect?"

Believe it or not, developer Chair Entertainment is way ahead of you ... and even ahead of itself, in a sense, according to co-founder Donald Mustard.

"We always have some cool ideas on deck, and kind of the inception of Infinity Blade began as a discussion around: 'If we were going to make a Kinect title, what would we make? What would a Chair Kinect game look like?'," Mustard revealed. "That discussion happened, you know, a year and a half ago. We had this really cool design, and it's not that dissimilar from the game you're playing today; it's just been refined and adapted to the iOS screen, which honestly I think is where the design works the best."

Mustard made clear that Infinity Blade isn't a Kinect game rejiggered for iOS so much as an idea sparked by Microsoft's device that found its home on iOS platforms. That said, Chair isn't closing any doors toInfinity Blade on Xbox 360.

"Yeah," co-founder Geremy Mustard added, "if the Kinect really takes off over the holiday season, who knows?"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/14/infinity-blade-conceived-as-a-kinect-game/

the way mark rein talks about it i thought it was an epic game

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Why is everyone so spoiling their pants on this game?