By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 24 sign-up

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

That actually sounds kind of cool.

How do you earn points?

The way I'm envisioning it, you get points by voting, more points by voting for the person who got lynched, bonus points for really good (or really bad) play, and perhaps a fraction of the points that the lynched player possessed.  There are almost certainly balancing issues though, so I'm okay with letting it cook for a little while longer.

when I say beware of the dragon balls, I mean beware of people like Heph finding exploits in the system to point out mafia etc

Around the Network

I'm against the reward system. As air-tight as you think it is, some people aren't so forgiving and will exploit any flaw to their advantage. Even at the risk of ruining the game for everyone, and trust me, it's really an uncomfortable situation for the host. (Go read Words of Wisdom exploiting my Street Fighter game or Heph blowing a hole through prof's Dragon Ball game).

If you have a system, please make sure it's stable :3.

I'm actually in favor of a vanilla game anyway.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theprof00 said:

when I say beware of the dragon balls, I mean beware of people like Heph finding exploits in the system to point out mafia etc

Points would be handled exclusively by PM, so you'd only know your own point rewards/total, and I wouldn't award points just for being "on the right track," but it's good advice nonetheless.

hatmoza said:

I'm against the reward system. As air-tight as you think it is, some people aren't so forgiving and will exploit any flaw to their advantage. Even at the risk of ruining the game for everyone, and trust me, it's really an uncomfortable situation for the host. (Go read Words of Wisdom exploiting my Street Fighter game or Heph blowing a hole through prof's Dragon Ball game).

If you have a system, please make sure it's stable :3.

I'm actually in favor of a vanilla game anyway.

I definitely agree that balancing will be tricky, which is another reason I'm okay with having this round be vanilla.

And let's not forget Final-Fan's MINHA. What a disaster.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

actually you shouldn't tell people how they get points... especially not things like "points for lynching".... you should jsut say that points reward good and smart active play. Then you make your own list and award points in PM.

Otherwise some people would just rush on a L-2 lynch to secure points....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:

actually you shouldn't tell people how they get points... especially not things like "points for lynching".... you should jsut say that points reward good and smart active play. Then you make your own list and award points in PM.

I would actually be quite alright with that; not only does it add an extra strategic element to the game (gaining points), but it's also an objective way to go about it, since otherwise points are exclusively at the mod's discretion, which in my opinion is not a good way to go about it.

Hephaestos said:

agreed. It provides incentive to not just lynch quickly, but unanimously, which could be a problem.

Another way to do it would be to just randomly tell players through PM- you received X points, and not tell what the scoring rubric is.

can we just do a vanilla game please.I can already taste the confusion that heph and prof will create with walls of texts and theories on the first day.

hatmoza said:

can we just do a vanilla game please.I can already taste the confusion that heph and prof will create with walls of texts and theories on the first day.

As I said, if I mod this game's definitely going to be vanilla no matter what.  the points thing is just an idea for a future game.

1.MG_94 
2. Stefl1504
3. Linkzmax
4. Vetteman94
5. Mr. Kitten (unlocked player)
6. Scottie
7. theprof00
8. Wonktonodi
9. Radishhead
10.nen-suer 
11. Final Fan
12. Silver-Tiger
13. TruckOSaurus the townie lyncher
14. Gnizmo the usually  dead 
15. zex (conditional to flavor)
16. Superadriank (SAK)
20. Heph the serial killer

Were not using the point system this game, right? If people are giving you points for playing smart, (talking about townies here.), then it means you are on the right lead, which leads you knowing that the person you wanted to vote is most likely scum, am I right?