By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 24 sign-up

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Vetteman94 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

I was thinking of doing a Gamers vs Anti-Video game people (plus) Evil Corporate Execs round. This would involve names, but names are pretty much the same things as PMs in my game. Post 'em, and you get modkilled. Ask for 'em and you get modkilled. Even hint at 'em and you get modkilled.

And that is why you shouldnt mod the next game.   Modkilling just for name claiming takes away one reason for even having a themed mafia games.  Especially when you are mafia and trying to trick the town,  which is their entire reason for being.   Might as well modkill someone for role claiming while your at it.

But I thought determining the alignment based on name was what we didn't like about themed games...thats why I said this.

But that is something the Mafia has to use in their advantage.  Fake nameclaiming in themed games is the same as fake role claiming,  its a gamble that thay can take.  Taking that away, hurts the game.

Around the Network

Fuck it, why not

1.MG_94
2. Stefl1504
3. Linkzmax
4. Vetteman94
5. Mr. Kitten (unlocked player)
6. Scottie
7. theprof00
8. Wonktonodi
9. Radishhead
10.nen-suer
11. Final Fan
12. Silver-Tiger
13. TruckOSaurus the townie lyncher
14. Gnizmo the usually  dead 
15. zex (conditional to flavor)
20. Heph the serial killer

But only if it's Vanilla or a theme I don't dislike, if it ends up being Sailor Moon again or something like Nintendo-themed I'll take my name off inmediately. I'm all in for masons, 2 mafia factions and the like, though

Yeah zex and gniz!

All we need now is trashleg and WoW

Linkzmax said:

Leave yourself off on purpose noname?

Yes.  I was planning on offering the right to host to theRepublic and Khuutra, since they're in line ahead of me, but if both decline I would like to host, if no one has any objections.

backup and co-hosts are always useful for tallying votes and ending days and such

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Linkzmax said:

Leave yourself off on purpose noname?

Yes.  I was planning on offering the right to host to theRepublic and Khuutra, since they're in line ahead of me, but if both decline I would like to host, if no one has any objections.

What kind of game do you have in my mind? Then I'll tell you if I have any objections :)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

What kind of game do you have in my mind? Then I'll tell you if I have any objections :)

After the last game, a vanilla one.  I have this fun idea for a points-based game, where you earn and then purchase abilities, rather than being assigned one at the start of the game, but methinks back-to-basics needs to stick around for a bit longer.

noname2200 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

After the last game, a vanilla one.  I have this fun idea for a points-based game, where you earn and then purchase abilities, rather than being assigned one at the start of the game, but methinks back-to-basics needs to stick around for a bit longer.

No objections then!

Signature goes here!

That actually sounds kind of cool.

How do you earn points?

Beware the dragon balls, though.

theprof00 said:

That actually sounds kind of cool.

How do you earn points?

The way I'm envisioning it, you get points by voting, more points by voting for the person who got lynched, bonus points for really good (or really bad) play, and perhaps a fraction of the points that the lynched player possessed.  There are almost certainly balancing issues though, so I'm okay with letting it cook for a little while longer.