By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

I just don't get why people get so defensive about this add on. Were people ever this defensive about the Balance Board?

The Balance Board itself. No.

Wii Fit. Yes. Hell yes. Oh hell... Yes.

Sort of sounds like sex, but not quite.  Try just a little harder next time.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
Seece said:
Metallicube said:

Ok, but then but then if that's trolling then I must be trolling the Wii Balance board as well, right? So it evens out :P. That part is probably ok with you though..

Sorry, but that is just my opinion, and I don't see anything wrong with that statement. If it offends anybody then I'm sorry but it's not my intention.

It's your opinion Kinect has one game (Kinect Adventures) so there fore it's a one trick pony)

The balance board has Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, plus a few other games that have sold moderatly well but don't relie on it, not did they sell because of it (Punch Out!, Wii Music)

Kinect already has Kinect Sports above 1 mill, and Dance Central will reach 1 mill by year end, remind you of any console and not peripheral?

To an extent, Balance board is a one trick pony.

But different genres doing big numbers on Kinect, all the hacks, prove Kinect is not a one trick pony, nor does it have "one game". Not to mention it'll have more games come out like the Wii has, that invigorate sales.

You know all this already if you actually removed your bias and thought about it, think next time and don't jump straight into trolling.

Ooh, you're trolling the Balance Board! Reported! ;).

Seriously though. And I've believed this from the getgo.. Kinect to me seems like the type of device that will have a few REALLY fun titles, and a WHOLE lot of duds. Now I could be way off base with that assumption, that's just my prediction based off what I've seen from the tech. I'm talking games that use JUST the Kinect, hybrid games could be a different story. But so far, my prediction doesn't seem too far off. I just don't see very many genres working well with that device.

I just don't get why people get so defensive about this add on. Were people ever this defensive about the Balance Board?

There's nothing defensive about it, it's debating trolly points. Nothing wrong with that 0_o

Kinect will get it's fair share of shovelware, but it will come out with gems you can't even imagin, just like the Wii did. You'll only believe this when you see it though, so I'm not gonna bother arguing that point if you disagree.

Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

you see, they are the same.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

More or less than Move / Kinect?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
LivingMetal said:

Pardon me, but I honestly do not see where Metallicube is trolling.

Bolded, you'll come to learn the art of stealth trolling soon, and those who rely on it

What he says is reasonable since Kinect Adventures is bundled with Kinect.  Therefore it would be reasonable to say that this could be Microsoft's initial intent.  He also applied the "one trick pony" comment to BOTH titles, not just to Kinect Adventures.  Maybe you're the one employing "the art of stealth trolling."  Just playing devil's advocate here with an opened mind.

Yes but the Balance Board, like I said in another post, is only successful with one genre/franchise, Wii Fit. Kinect is a completely different kettle of fish. Maybe he's applying the logic that if a game doesn't sell in the range of Wii Fit and Kinect Adventures it's a one trick pony? Just as trollish.

Unlike the balance board, the Kinect will have SW in a year selling it, and it won't be the crop of games you see now.

Around the Network
Seece said:

There's nothing defensive about it, it's debating trolly points. Nothing wrong with that 0_o

Kinect will get it's fair share of shovelware, but it will come out with gems you can't even imagin, just like the Wii did. You'll only believe this when you see it though, so I'm not gonna bother arguing that point if you disagree.

So we are allowed to troll on these boards and get away with it...?

LivingMetal said:
Seece said:

So we are allowed to troll on these boards and get away with it...?

Wow you really havn't been here long ...

This place would be more peacful if the answer was no, lets put it that way.

Stealth troll /= normal troll ...

Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
LivingMetal said:

Pardon me, but I honestly do not see where Metallicube is trolling.

Bolded, you'll come to learn the art of stealth trolling soon, and those who rely on it

What he says is reasonable since Kinect Adventures is bundled with Kinect.  Therefore it would be reasonable to say that this could be Microsoft's initial intent.  He also applied the "one trick pony" comment to BOTH titles, not just to Kinect Adventures.  Maybe you're the one employing "the art of stealth trolling."  Just playing devil's advocate here with an opened mind.

Yes but the Balance Board, like I said in another post, is only successful with one genre/franchise, Wii Fit. Kinect is a completely different kettle of fish. Maybe he's applying the logic that if a game doesn't sell in the range of Wii Fit and Kinect Adventures it's a one trick pony? Just as trollish.

Unlike the balance board, the Kinect will have SW in a year selling it, and it won't be the crop of games you see now.

With all due respect, you're really reaching here.

Pavolink said:

More or less than Move / Kinect?

A lot more than both I'd say.

Although it did get trolled a whole lot. More than both Move AND Kinect.

Seece said:
Metallicube said:
Seece said:
Metallicube said:

Ok, but then but then if that's trolling then I must be trolling the Wii Balance board as well, right? So it evens out :P. That part is probably ok with you though..

Sorry, but that is just my opinion, and I don't see anything wrong with that statement. If it offends anybody then I'm sorry but it's not my intention.

It's your opinion Kinect has one game (Kinect Adventures) so there fore it's a one trick pony)

The balance board has Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, plus a few other games that have sold moderatly well but don't relie on it, not did they sell because of it (Punch Out!, Wii Music)

Kinect already has Kinect Sports above 1 mill, and Dance Central will reach 1 mill by year end, remind you of any console and not peripheral?

To an extent, Balance board is a one trick pony.

But different genres doing big numbers on Kinect, all the hacks, prove Kinect is not a one trick pony, nor does it have "one game". Not to mention it'll have more games come out like the Wii has, that invigorate sales.

You know all this already if you actually removed your bias and thought about it, think next time and don't jump straight into trolling.

Ooh, you're trolling the Balance Board! Reported! ;).

Seriously though. And I've believed this from the getgo.. Kinect to me seems like the type of device that will have a few REALLY fun titles, and a WHOLE lot of duds. Now I could be way off base with that assumption, that's just my prediction based off what I've seen from the tech. I'm talking games that use JUST the Kinect, hybrid games could be a different story. But so far, my prediction doesn't seem too far off. I just don't see very many genres working well with that device.

Well whatever, I just don't see the big deal in what I've said. If people made similar statements about the Wii for isntance, as long as it was backed up and had some reasonable arguments, I may not agree with them, but I certainly wouldn't call them trolling..

I do agree Kinect will have some big sellers. However, one thing it has going against it is it has a small userbase. By releasing a game on the device, you are limiting yourself to the number of users that can buy your game. With the Wii you have an instant base of 80 million users. With the Kinect, not only do you need to own a 360, which itself has a base of 48 million, but out of those 48 million you're talking only a small % who own both the console AND the device.

I think it would have been much smarter for MS if they released the Kinect as an enitrely separate console, but instead it is just an add on, that is fracturing the market of the 360 userbase. And for that reason alone, I don't think we'll be seeing games with Wii-like success, I'm talking 10 million, or even 5 million type success. MS will have a hard time selling major numbers with games that aren't bundled like Kinect Adventures.