By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
atma998 said:
Boutros said:
Carl2291 said:
Boutros said:

Did someone just compare a DS game to a PS3/360 game?

When that person is atma... It surprises you?

Nah I like to use rhetorical questions to laugh of people :P

That would explain why your avatar is a clown...

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

Last time I checked Dragon Quest games didnt have those kind of legs but hey I suppose I must instead talk about how ''amazing'' is FFXIII selling right? That way maybe I would be taken more seriously by all of you. lol

Last time I checked Dragon Quest games weren't advertised as dressing up sims.

Maybe Square Enix should take note. Final Fantasy XV should get exclusive bunny ears when you preorder it.

Yeah sure it is clearly because of that ad that the game is selling that good...and I suppose Kevin Butler is the reason why GT5 sold that good in EMEAA this week. lol

People are getting a bit too excited over GT5s third week. Remember, we're still in the holiday boost period and Week 3 is too early to start talking about "legs". GT5 also had abmysal advertisement when it launched, and most of the advertisement is occuring now. It's only natural that people are going out to buy it now because there is a greater awareness of it.

CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I would usually write him off the same way. However, I'm beginning to feel like if people are more informed, or at least pointed in the right direction, then maybe they'll debate more reasonably in the future.

Yeah sure...7M LTD is totally unresonnable. Oh well you guys are something.

I'm not saying that your prediction of 7 million isn't reasonable (although I personally find it too low). I'm saying that just because you aren't exactly on the same page as me (in terms of agreeing/disagreeing), I won't just write your argument off as invalid.

Well you have your points, I got mine. Can we just agree that it is a little bit too soon to predict 9 million of sales as of now like I did in my first post?

I can live with that. We'll see how it does throughout the upcoming weeks/months. That way, we won't just debate with heavy speculation.

Good for me then.

atma998 said:

Yeah sure it is clearly because of that ad that the game is selling that good...and I suppose Kevin Butler is the reason why GT5 sold that good in EMEAA this week. lol

Kevin Butler advertises in Europe now?

News to me.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
atma998 said:

I always said my prediction DOESNT take into account bundling. Also why compared it to GT4? It would be more honest to compared it to GT3 since its the first full GT of the gen like GT3. The same here goes for FFXIII, we have to compare it to FFX not FFXII.

To compare GT5 to GT3 is needed that GT5 will be heavly bundled like GT3.

Why do you care about how many copies given away in a bundle there are/will be?  Millions of copies sold is impressive millions of copies given away not so much.  Would be different if it was a special edition that you actually have to pay extra for an maybe get a small discount.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

Kevin Butler advertises in Europe now?

News to me.

He didnt?

By the way, look how well AC: Brotherhood is holding up! It's only down by 6K this week.

EDIT: PS3 version that is.

atma998 said:

He didnt?

Nah.

This is our GT5 ad.

CGI-Quality said:
Cirio said:

People are getting a bit too excited over GT5s third week. Remember, we're still in the holiday boost period and Week 3 is too early to start talking about "legs". GT5 also had abmysal advertisement when it launched, and most of the advertisement is occuring now. It's only natural that people are going out to buy it now because there is a greater awareness of it.

Which is helping to sustain sales weeks after it's launch. I think in that case, the optimism makes sense.

Holiday does help, but current marketing should ensure legs.

Of course. I believe GT5 will do 8.5-9 million LTD. However, that number heavily relies on at least the Americas to cooperate. :(