By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 5.5 Million sold and 60 million for GT series

BengaBenga said:

Those numbers are very unlikely to be sold to customers imo.

Even if you don't believe VGC, NPD had 400.000 until thanksgiving and MediaCreate had 430.000 first week Japan. Let's say these doubled the week after, which is unlikely as US sales included Black Friday and Japanese sales are heavy 1st week, you have 1,6 million in US Japan.

That would leave 3,9 million copies in PAL, which is unlikely.

These are shipped numbers in all likelyhood.

Also worth noting MC came in highest among the 3 Japanese trackers... Famtisu had 410k and Dengeki had 398k.

Around the Network

Probably less than what Sony would have liked to have shipped by now.  They probably would have liked orders closer to 8 million shipped for the holidays.

We had about this already !!!

And it's shipped numbers.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

scat398 said:

Probably less than what Sony would have liked to have shipped by now.  They probably would have liked orders closer to 8 million shipped for the holidays.

LOL even if sony shipped 100m copies you would still say "Probly less than what sony like to have shipped by now".

seriously cut the crap 5.5m in 12 days thats more than what any other sim racing franchise on HD console could ever dream of achiving.

See rest of thread: Shipped

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Booh! said:

Well, in Japan it's sold out after two weeks. 3 millions in EMEAA after two weeks is very likely.

No, I don't think so. Even if VGC did undertrack the game, it'll only be by 10K-20k at the most I think. EMEAA probably sold about 1.7 - 2 million after 2 weeks. No more then that. All total it's betweem  2.8mil - 3.1 million I'm estimating. They aren't going to sell over 4 million this year. Definitely won't sell 10 million lifetime like fanboys are saying.

kowenicki said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
scat398 said:

LOL even if sony shipped 100m copies you would still say "Probly less than what sony like to have shipped by now".

seriously cut the crap 5.5m in 12 days thats more than what any other sim racing franchise on HD console could ever dream of achiving.

its probably 5.5m shipped in 1 day to be honest... its the initial shipment.

like how COD probably shipped about 10 to 14m on day 1.

they said in 12 days so........

either ways 5.5m in 12 or 1 day is amaing and more than what any sim racing game on ps3/360 can ever achived actually 1 day makes it even better seeing as COD shipps 10m copies on multiple platforms........

Booh! said:

Well, in Japan it's sold out after two weeks. 3 millions in EMEAA after two weeks is very likely.

No, I don't think so. Even if VGC did undertrack the game, it'll only be by 10K-20k at the most I think. EMEAA probably sold about 1.7 - 2 million after 2 weeks. No more then that. All total it's betweem  2.8mil - 3.1 million I'm estimating. They aren't going to sell over 4 million this year. Definitely won't sell 10 million lifetime like fanboys are saying.

5.5M = initial shipment

/thread

5.5M = initial shipment

/thread