By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CVG Gets Their Hands on Ghostbusters Wii + Screens & Info

... and it sounds good. Snippets from article below.

The Wii version of Ghostbusters is its own beast compared to the PS3 and 360 versions you might have seen elsewhere. It's lovingly stylised, with a look to Egon, Ray and the crew that's not a million miles from this month's Battalion Wars 2. And, more crucially, it's designed with Wii's multiplayer strengths in mind: so not only will it have all 10 or so single-player levels, from the streets of New York to the mysterious 'Lost Island', but also a bulging grab bag of four-player modes and minigames. There's no Wi-Fi planned, unfortunately - but the devs promise Ghostbusters is "always fun" with you and three friends.

[...]

So, that multiplayer. For one thing: four-player co-op - a full split-screen team of you and your mates, ghost-bustin' through the solo missions. And, for another thing: four-player competitive - solo missions again, but turned into an Eledees-style beam-criss-crossing battle to be first to the ghosts.

[...]

Plus, you get a slew of two-to-three-minute minigames - including a 30-second battle to bag 100 ghosts that the developer describes as being "like Hungry Hippos". Aces.

We're a long way off from playing the finished version of Ghostbusters: the team's aiming for a Christmas 2008 release.

Screens:

Notice 3 human players shooting at the 4th

Article: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177545

Around the Network

I love how the first screenshot look.

Huh. I had completely written this game off as a cash in PS2 with tacked on motion game.

And I guess it still is, but at least the PS2 game it'll be based off of sounds promising now. I do enjoy my co-op.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Thanks for posting. This game is something I'm really looking forward to.

Hrmm. Could be interesting. The graphics are pretty ugly, but I'll not judge the whole game on that. It's nice having both a gaming PC and a Wii for games like this. Whichever version is best, I'll get.

Around the Network

Naznatips don't forget it's supposed to be out late next year/Christmas so i am pretty sure they will work the graphics. These graphics are unacceptable even for a PS2 game.

Dolla Dolla said:

The Wii version of Ghostbusters is its own beast compared to the PS3 and 360 versions you might have seen elsewhere. It's lovingly stylised, with a look to Egon, Ray and the crew that's not a million miles from this month's Battalion Wars 2. And, more crucially, it's designed with Wii's multiplayer strengths in mind: so not only will it have all 10 or so single-player levels, from the streets of New York to the mysterious 'Lost Island', but also a bulging grab bag of four-player modes and minigames. There's no Wi-Fi planned, unfortunately - but the devs promise Ghostbusters is "always fun" with you and three friends.

Only 10 levels?  Confirmed suckage?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Dolla Dolla said:

Only 10 levels? Confirmed suckage?

Read the whole article, apparently the levels are pretty big...not sure that it will make up for it but it can't hurt.

Honestly, I think it sounds like the game is coming along fairly nicely, its a long way from a sure thing, but I would say things look pretty positive so far. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Would it kill them to make the co-op compatible with wifi? I don't see why they are taking it off the table already, unless they have a smaller development staff than the other version of the game, or something similar.

konnichiwa said:
I love how the first screenshot look.

Kind of a Tim Burton flavour, isn't it?

I have high hopes for this game.

And Stof, you've got things backwards. The Wii is the lead platform for this title. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.