By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CVG Gets Their Hands on Ghostbusters Wii + Screens & Info

famousringo said:
konnichiwa said:
I love how the first screenshot look.

Kind of a Tim Burton flavour, isn't it?

I have high hopes for this game.

And Stof, you've got things backwards. The Wii is the lead platform for this title.

I wish, but you are the one who has it backwards.  Developers make the PS2 game then port it to the Wii.  Consider this: I have 2 options as a developer.  I can make a PS2 game and give it a direct Wii port without changing anything other than tacked on motion controls, or I can make a Wii game utilizing the system's superior processor, graphics card, and memory then spend a ton of extra time and money trying to downgrade it for the PS2.  Now, that doesn't make the game automatically bad, but it does mean that the developers aren't taking advantage of what the Wii has to offer.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

I wish, but you are the one who has it backwards. Developers make the PS2 game then port it to the Wii. Consider this: I have 2 options as a developer. I can make a PS2 game and give it a direct Wii port without changing anything other than tacked on motion controls, or I can make a Wii game utilizing the system's superior processor, graphics card, and memory then spend a ton of extra time and money trying to downgrade it for the PS2. Now, that doesn't make the game automatically bad, but it does mean that the developers aren't taking advantage of what the Wii has to offer.

From another thread: 

twesterm said:
It's funny that people say things like ugh, PS2 level graphics? when they ogle over things like God of War II or Okami and then they make comments like that. Especially when it's already been said that the Wii version is being made for the Wii first and above everything else.

And then it's also funny that Mushroom goes from one of the most imaginative and interesting looking games to looking like crap and PS2 level graphics.

Sorry, Naz, but given twesterm's unique postition, I'm going to have to take his word over your logical guess on this one.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

4 Player Co-op = must buy.

looks alright... ill keep my eye on it and see how it turns out.

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

graphics look ok, hoping this game turns out well

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Gamereactor said that the single player looked zzz, but the multiplayer looked like great fun. Also you can play as a ghost in multiplayer.

You mean they can cross the streams??

I'm calling a "not staying true to the source material." :)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom