Chibi.V.29 said:
Nsanity said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Nsanity said:
Solid-Stark said:
Nsanity said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Boutros said:

Naughty Dog: "Yes Uncharted 3 Trailer was all from in-Engine (plus) Actual Gameplay"

http://www.tqcast.com/2010/12/11/naughty-dog-yes-uncharted-3-trailer-was-all-from-in-engine-actual-gameplay/

O_O i think we can all agree this looks to be the best looking console video game ever created ^^ 

In engine trailer did look good but not best looking IMO.

Im curious to know what is the best looking upcoming game in your opinion ofcourse..

Rage, Crysis and i'm also leaning towards Gears 3 and new game from Flower developers.

Rage and crysis you cant count. they are obvously PC games (even if you would need a true monster of a PC to run them higher than u3 is looking lol). as for gears 3......no comment. Flower game is more a peice of art than a graphics power house game.

You don't make the rules and my decision is final.

Comparing top end PC games to top end consol games is like comparing the ps3 to a psp >_> you can if you want your stupid XD

Uncharted 3 is a PS3 game, and this is Nsanity we are talking about.  Go figure.

I'm entitled to my opinion and if you have problem with that then log off.

Oh, I KNOW it's your opinion.  That's why I made that statement.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Bong Lover said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Boutros said:

Naughty Dog: "Yes Uncharted 3 Trailer was all from in-Engine (plus) Actual Gameplay"

http://www.tqcast.com/2010/12/11/naughty-dog-yes-uncharted-3-trailer-was-all-from-in-engine-actual-gameplay/

O_O i think we can all agree this looks to be the best looking console video game ever created ^^ 

We can not. Against my better judgment I watched the trailer and as I suspected it looks like utter crap. Another step down the wrong path when it comes to game graphics.

The more developers try to make their games look 'realistic' the more we're served insults like this trailer. I see people drooling over the water effects. Here is a tip for you, if you play a game to watch natural looking flowing water try watching the Discovery Channel instead. The water effects there are infinitely better and will be so forever. For Christ out loud! They can't even produce a convincing model of the human body, let alone make it move like something that looks even remotely natural. Why do they keep doing this? All they are achieving is making the game look devoid of soul. Anyone who as ever actually been outside will immediately be able to see how hopelessly primitive this graphics are compared to what they are trying to model.

Photorealism like this is a GIANT waste of time. It will never ever look good, and is nothing but a distraction from the game. If the resources sunk into the graphics of this game had been used on creating a game instead it could have been amazing. Of course, actual game design is quite difficult and requires the ability to have an original thought. That is probably why they didn't bother trying that.

Yes because games like Uncharted, Halo Reach and God of War III lack things that could make it amazing because they focused so much on the graphics.  

I agree. They are basically without a single original idea. Upgraded presentation, repackaged content. The same thing that has all but killed Hollywood is now destroying gaming.

Bong Lover said:
psrock said:

bong lover, huh?

Me and Miley Cyrus.

obviously, how high are you right now?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:

bong lover, huh?

Me and Miley Cyrus.

That is irrelevant. I stand by my argument. My avatar or username really doesn't have anything to do with the point I am making.

Bong Lover said:
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:

bong lover, huh?

Me and Miley Cyrus.

That is irrelevant. I stand by my argument. My avatar or username really doesn't have anything to do with the point I am making.

I disagree, it has everything to do with your statement.

I have proof =   Your statement.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:

bong lover, huh?

Me and Miley Cyrus.

By that rational I have proof that you are an ass based on your avatar?

psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:

bong lover, huh?

Me and Miley Cyrus.

Maybe he accidently misspelled his username and meant "Dong Lover."  Just a thought.

Bong Lover said:
Vetteman94 said:
Bong Lover said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Boutros said:

We can not. Against my better judgment I watched the trailer and as I suspected it looks like utter crap. Another step down the wrong path when it comes to game graphics.

The more developers try to make their games look 'realistic' the more we're served insults like this trailer. I see people drooling over the water effects. Here is a tip for you, if you play a game to watch natural looking flowing water try watching the Discovery Channel instead. The water effects there are infinitely better and will be so forever. For Christ out loud! They can't even produce a convincing model of the human body, let alone make it move like something that looks even remotely natural. Why do they keep doing this? All they are achieving is making the game look devoid of soul. Anyone who as ever actually been outside will immediately be able to see how hopelessly primitive this graphics are compared to what they are trying to model.

Photorealism like this is a GIANT waste of time. It will never ever look good, and is nothing but a distraction from the game. If the resources sunk into the graphics of this game had been used on creating a game instead it could have been amazing. Of course, actual game design is quite difficult and requires the ability to have an original thought. That is probably why they didn't bother trying that.

Yes because games like Uncharted, Halo Reach and God of War III lack things that could make it amazing because they focused so much on the graphics.  

I agree. They are basically without a single original idea. Upgraded presentation, repackaged content. The same thing that has all but killed Hollywood is now destroying gaming.

I was being sarcastic, in case you were too high o figure it out.  Because I think your entire argument is stupid.  Pushing the graphics limits for those games didnt stop them from being amazing,  nothing did.  The game developers made them amazing.    But I imagine this is where you tell me we should still be playing games with 2D sprites instead of these 3D games?   

Bong Lover said:
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:

bong lover, huh?

Me and Miley Cyrus.

Candy ass to be more precise.

Bong Lover said:
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:
Bong Lover said:
psrock said:

bong lover, huh?

Me and Miley Cyrus.

I have been called that and arrogant. So we agree then.

Next Gen