By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Bill Clinton president again?

^^^Seriously!  In recent months, I've seen stories about him giving a speech and a lady going into labor in the audience, a story about a lady fainting when he gave a different speech, and another story I can barely recall.  I think we remember Clinton fondly because that was the last time the world made any sense (and Super Metroid came out when he was President).  It's gone to shit since then (Other M was released during Obama's term).

He's even in NBA Jam!

Around the Network

If your president your damed if you do and damed if you don't. lol

The Anarchyz said:
Kasz216 said:

Also, why do people keep thinking Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house.

She never said that.

She said she could see Russia from Alaska.  Which is true... and was meant to mean that she's often had to deal with Russia on a state level.

Also likely true... I believe she's actually negotiated with Russia before and no doubt has been briefed on Russia's military capabilties.

It's like asking someone if they know good seafood and the response is "Well I do live right next to the Ocean."

People usually use the "Russia from her house" phrase precisely because of her saying she can see Russia from Alaska, Tina Fey took that line, added it more spice, and did the SNL bit with her as Palin and Amy Poelher as Hillary, so it became "And i can see Russia from my house".

This is not the complete clip, but it has the line.

No I know that's why.  Using that line just makes you look stupid though because you are essentially bashing them for nothing they've said and it makes you sound like your so ignroant you can't divide fantasy like SNL and the Daily show from reality.

Kasz216 said:
The Anarchyz said:
Kasz216 said:

Also, why do people keep thinking Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house.

She never said that.

She said she could see Russia from Alaska.  Which is true... and was meant to mean that she's often had to deal with Russia on a state level.

Also likely true... I believe she's actually negotiated with Russia before and no doubt has been briefed on Russia's military capabilties.

It's like asking someone if they know good seafood and the response is "Well I do live right next to the Ocean."

People usually use the "Russia from her house" phrase precisely because of her saying she can see Russia from Alaska, Tina Fey took that line, added it more spice, and did the SNL bit with her as Palin and Amy Poelher as Hillary, so it became "And i can see Russia from my house".

No I know that's why.  Using that line just makes you look stupid though because you are essentially bashing them for nothing they've said and it makes you sound like your so ignroant you can't divide fantasy like SNL and the Daily show from reality.

The Daily show isn't reality :O

Kasz216 said:
The Anarchyz said:
Kasz216 said:

She never said that.

Well, that's true, using that line seriously is not accurate at all from what she really said...

Now, talking about the actual line, it's true on some levels (like seeing Big Diomede from Little Diomede or seeing some mainland from high points), but the point about saying this was proving that Sarah Palin has experience on foreign affairs, and even if she could see the Kremlin from Alaska that doesn't give her expertise on the matter... 

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
Kasz216 said:
The Anarchyz said:
Kasz216 said:

She never said that.

Well, that's true, using that line seriously is not accurate at all from what she really said...

Now, talking about the actual line, it's true on some levels (like seeing Big Diomede from Little Diomede or seeing some mainland from high points), but the point about saying this was proving that Sarah Palin has experience on foreign affairs, and even if she could see the Kremlin from Alaska that doesn't give her expertise on the matter... 

I dunno if that's true.  Afterall, being that close to Russia, you'd have to assume she's had to deal with them on the state level. 

I believe Russia and Alaska have individual trade deals, and as the govenor you can bet is briefed whenever the russian's invade Alaska's airspace. (Or come close to it anyway.)

I bet the Govenor of Texas knows Mexico better then most politicians, and the Govenor of Florida knows cuba better then most politicians.  It's only natural that the leaders of border states would have a greater knowledge and recieve briefings about adjacent countries.

If Obama had been hijacked by the left, we'd have public option health care, or some other form of working health care solution

We'd also have seen Don't Ask Don't Tell be defeated by that court that said it was unconstitutional. It's just going to happen again despite the intransigience of the "filibuster everything" Republicans

On a related note to that, they should make the people who threaten to filibuster go through with actually speaking. They shouldn't just be able to threaten it and force the stupid cloture vote

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Back to the original topic ...

It is common for former presidents to be called "Mr President" but that isn't the real problem with the video. Whether it is fair or not, Obama has received criticism since before he was elected for receiving jobs he wasn't qualified for and letting someone else do the work; and the most prominent case before the election was on his time at the Harvard Law Review, and since the election people have been critical of him not promoting his agenda and leaving the work to the Democrat leadership. Now, I've seen former presidents have a press conference at the White House before, and I've seen former presidents defend the agenda of a sitting president before, but I have never seen a sitting president hand off a press conference at the White House to a former president to defend their own agenda. Regardless of whether it is true or not, this move gives off the impression that Obama isn't (or can't) do the job of being the President of the United States.

kingofwale said:

well, Obama weasled himself out of a potentially embarrassing press conference.

so much for someone whose slogan during election is "CHANGE"

Lol personally I find it funny how people were so naive to believe that CHANGE crap.

Mr Khan said:

If Obama had been hijacked by the left, we'd have public option health care, or some other form of working health care solution

We'd also have seen Don't Ask Don't Tell be defeated by that court that said it was unconstitutional. It's just going to happen again despite the intransigience of the "filibuster everything" Republicans

On a related note to that, they should make the people who threaten to filibuster go through with actually speaking. They shouldn't just be able to threaten it and force the stupid cloture vote

They didn't have enough of a majority for a Public Option and you know it.  Heck, a lot of the democarts who voted for it weren't enthused about it... the fact that they had the healthcare debate at that time was proof of the hijacking.

As for Don't ask don't tell, you can't "not" fight a law being unconstutional, even if you don't like that law, heck you should know that.  Otherwise you've politisized ruined the entire Justice Department... which is something Obama is already facing a lawsuit about.