By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: 5.5m GT5 have been sold

daroamer said:
cicohipe said:

Wow.. already outsold prologue, oh and that xbox racer... can't remember it's name.

Is it the one with the 92 metacritic score?

oh yeah metacritic...lets see GTA IV...98...yeah right GTA IV is really the best game this Gen "rolleyes"

Around the Network
Madis090 said:

proof please?

0 word about shipping. Please give source before you say something.

5 word about sold in document, 0 word about shipping.

You're just being stupid here. Sold to retailers. Sony doesnt have direct access to sold directly to consumers... hell nobody has direct access to consumer purchase worldwide besides VGC:P

NotStan said:
Madis090 said:

5.5 is sold because Sony said they shipped like 10 million alone.

All EU shops are empty, everything is outsold. My friends all bought GT5 and school mates.

Many people bought PS3 with GT5 same day.

But its sony document where its says: sold

so its sold not shipped, if there would be saying like its shipped, then i belive it but 0 word about shipping.

Not sure if serious... YOUR SCHOOL/FRIENDS =/= WORLD.

How can it sell 5.5M when it's reported on HERE that it's at about 2.9, are you saying that VGC has somehow managed to miss 2.6M copies!? Again, I ask are you seriously this much of a zealot!?

Use google and its says that VGC is most unrelieble page ever.

VGC is untracking shop.

So go use google and learn something new.

kopstudent89 said:
Madis090 said:

All EU shops are empty, everything is outsold. My friends all bought GT5 and school mates.

so its sold not shipped, if there would be saying like its shipped, then i belive it but 0 word about shipping.

Your friends= everyone im sure

Dude 2.1 million first week is alot, and it's obvious it didnt sell 3.6 million in EU! Neither GT3 or GT4 did that

Anyways great for sony! here's to 10 million :)

Then you should have no problem to prove your link right?

I am still waiting link where sony says that its shipped, document please.

ohh my god! 5.5 mil already?

even if its shipped its still at around 4.7 million more like 5mil sold! SO VG chartz has it at 2.84m.... there cant be that many on the shelves 

Around the Network
cicohipe said:

Wow.. already outsold prologue, oh and that xbox racer... can't remember it's name.

Do you mean the the best racing sim on the market?

Forza3 is its name. Shame on you as gamer not knowing this.

Those numbers are very good and it really seems like EMMA is undertracked 

I hope this isn't true...

VGC would be the laughingstock of Neogaf til the next 5 years if this is true...:/

And I'm one of the side who think GT5 is undertracked but not at this level...:(

I'm still happy that this great of a game got this numbers in only few days after its release...:)

360forPRESIDENT said:
cicohipe said:

360forPRESIDENT said:
cicohipe said:

Those numbers are very good and it really seems like EMMA is undertracked 

Forza 3? first name i hear this name.

kurasakiichimaru said:

I hope this isn't true...

VGC would be the laughingstock of Neogaf til the next 5 years if this is true...:/

And I'm one of the side who think GT5 is undertracked but not at this level...:(

I'm still happy that this great of a game got this numbers in only few days after its release...:)

http://www.google.ee/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1680&bih=925&q=vgchartz unreliable&aq=1&aqi=g3g-v2&aql=&oq=vgchartz un&gs_rfai=&fp=a423ae9b93335b6e

This links says everything.

VgChartzs uses NPD worldwide which only count 50% shops.

Of cause its undertracked

Madis090 said:
kopstudent89 said:
Madis090 said:

Your friends= everyone im sure

Dude 2.1 million first week is alot, and it's obvious it didnt sell 3.6 million in EU! Neither GT3 or GT4 did that

Anyways great for sony! here's to 10 million :)

Then you should have no problem to prove your link right?

I am still waiting link where sony says that its shipped, document please.

Here's a proof that SONY only reports shipped numbers.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6284645.html

"Sony has since clarified its initial announcement, saying that the 4.1 million figure represents "global sales for the company" to retailers--i.e. units shipped. "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales," a rep told GameSpot."