By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony : Gran Turismo 5 has sold 5.2 Million WW ( shipped)

PS3beats360 said:Gran Turismo 5 should sell 12 million ltd sales. 15 million sales GT3 sales number may be beaten eventually.

You're being too optimistic.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
PS3beats360 said:

5.2 million  80% sold through, around 4 million in consumers hands after 2 weeks.

Gran Turismo 5 is on its way towards passing 10 million sales in record time. 

I'm thinking it's around 3 mill, give or take, in 2 weeks, in consumer's hands. Still a fantastic result and should clear 10 mill in it's lifetime. 4 mill should be the number by Dec 31, 2010.

I said first week that would pick to 5M by Dec31,2010 ... with just EMEA numbers we are already at 3,44M...

I think i may be right, yeiiiii =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I love the ever going battle of "OMG N00B IT'S SHIPPED LULZ" and "Nuuu it's not it has to be retailers sold DUHHHHH"

Why do you really care? Sony made money, isn't that what matters?

A203D said:
CGI-Quality said:
PS3beats360 said:

5.2 million  80% sold through, around 4 million in consumers hands after 2 weeks.

Gran Turismo 5 is on its way towards passing 10 million sales in record time. 

I'm thinking it's around 3 mill, give or take, in 2 weeks, in consumer's hands. Still a fantastic result and should clear 10 mill in it's lifetime. 4 mill should be the number by Dec 31, 2010.

As much as i like those numbers, how can vgchartz numbers be off by 2.5 mil, thats a pretty significant margin, unless PS3 software is undertracked in the same way PS3 hardware was, i dont think we have any idea if this number means shipped or sold at the moment imo. 

and GT isnt know for big opening couple of weeks like this, GT4 sold 10 mil over 4 years i think, i dont see how this is possible tbh.

The Ps3 has been massively adjusted up after q3 at least 2 of the 3 years. ioi says they are in the channel but then later shipment reports show there is no possible way that many are sitting on shelves with sony still shipping. I think in mid 08 the ps3 07 numbers where adjusted by over a million to help the ps3 beat the 360 holiday sales. (I remember there being another huge adjustment besides the one that just happened) After all these adjustments.... I dont once remember anyone mentioning or anything pointing in the direction of the ps3 sw titles being adjusted up with hw boost which would only make sense. I wouldnt be surprised if a few ps3 titles were undertracked. When he gets idividual reports for games he adjusts them up but I dont think he went back to the sw list and updated them after the hw boosts.

You say thats a pretty significant number... well so was the 3 million he missed for the ps3 hardware. Only reason those are as accurate as they are is because we get constant updates through sony financials. If we didnt get shipments Ps3 would be sitting alot lower right now. I can only imagine what SW is like which we dont get any updates for.