By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony : Gran Turismo 5 has sold 5.2 Million WW ( shipped)

CGI-Quality said:
PS3beats360 said:

5.2 million  80% sold through, around 4 million in consumers hands after 2 weeks.

Gran Turismo 5 is on its way towards passing 10 million sales in record time. 

I'm thinking it's around 3 mill, give or take, in 2 weeks, in consumer's hands. Still a fantastic result and should clear 10 mill in it's lifetime. 4 mill should be the number by Dec 31, 2010.

As much as i like those numbers, how can vgchartz numbers be off by 2.5 mil, thats a pretty significant margin, unless PS3 software is undertracked in the same way PS3 hardware was, i dont think we have any idea if this number means shipped or sold at the moment imo. 

and GT isnt know for big opening couple of weeks like this, GT4 sold 10 mil over 4 years i think, i dont see how this is possible tbh.

Around the Network

i'll ignore the shipped comments and outright say that rolstopable was right in saying GT5 will sale 6m units by the end of the year.

just .800,000 to go

CGI-Quality said:

Well because 5.5 mill units have made their way to retailers, and 3 mill are probably in customer's hands by now. VGC would be off by a mere 100,000 at most (which is likely). That's why I think GT5 is at anywhere from 2.95-3mill, and 5.5mill have shipped, making VGC not too far from actual numbers, GT5 is well on it's way to selling 4 mill by year's end, and 10 mill in it's life.

Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable explaination to me, i think 4 mil by years end is also a reasonable estimate. and PS3 is comparatively not doing that well in the US, so imo it might not be possible for the 10mil.... this time.

I still stand by my prediction of 5 million by years end. The launch in Latin America is next week and that should be good for 50k-100k and keep Americas from dropping too far, or dropping at all for that matter. And holiday boosts should keep it from dropping too much in EMEAA as well so 600k is a possibility next week. And hopefully it can eke out another million or so in the last 3 weeks of the year.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Some sites using the VGC numbers.

http://www.playstationblog.it/2010/12/10/gran-turismo-5-vende-2-9-milioni-di-copie/

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

That was SHIPPED number people... no crazy here... and the numbers was until December 6.

Anyway AMAZING numbers like everyone expected.

Highlights

"As of 6 December, more than 5.5 million units of Gran Turismo 5 have been sold [aka shipped or sell-in] worldwide."

I agree that 5.5 million is s shipped/sold to retailers, but to be totally accurate the "*sell-in number" is in reference to the 60 million. Of course that includes adding the 5.52 million which stongly supports 5.52 as sell-in too.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Madis090 said:
IMU1808 said:
Madis090 said:
pezus said:
Madis090 said:
pezus said:

3.56 M shipped to PAL and 0.16 to Asia = 3.72M shipped to EMEAA! Lol, definitely reaching 6 million in EMEAA LT me thinks.

Source please about shipping.

Still wating for you.

Well I used the source in the op. Just so you know, I'm not saying these are bad numbers in EMEAA, quite the contrary actually!

Sport and Racing games always doing very well in EMEAA, shooters in USA and RPG in Japan.

I am not saying its right but OP source says its sold.

When a consumer buys the game from a retailer that doesn't mean anything for SONY. SONY makes their cash when retailers pay 45-48$ for the game from SONY. Then SONY releases info on what they've "Sold to Retailers".

Then we can count 5 million kinect is shipped, 1 million sold.

Thats it then.

I think it is safe to say you are probably an ALT trying to be difficult...

I think we'll see an adjustment in EMEAA by around 250,000 - 350,000. 4 Million atleast by years end !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Gran Turismo 5 will keep selling due to its long sales legs and expanding PS3 user base. GT5 is one of the top 10 must buy games for the PS3. 

Gran Turismo 5 should sell 12 million ltd sales. 15 million sales GT3 sales number may be beaten eventually. 

Yeh EMEAA sold vs shipped is pretty big compared to NA and Japan I'd say the numbers are most likely off there by a bit....