By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony : Gran Turismo 5 has sold 5.2 Million WW ( shipped)

8 million shipped was said before (not in document) by sony but document is saying 5.5 million sold.

Around the Network
Madis090 said:

8 million shipped was said before (not in document) by sony but document is saying 5.5 million sold.

Sony doesn't sell GT5 to consumers, they sell it to retailers, so when they say they sold 5.5 million copies, it means 5.5 million copies were SHIPPED to retailers, not purchased by consumers.

Madis090 said:

Document shows its sold, you are only one who says its shipped.

Hmmm.. just noticed that you're new here. This is a common mistake.

SONY, MS and Nintendo report SHIPMENT numbers. Units that are shipped to retailers and warehouses. This site gives estimates on how many of those units that were shipped were actually sold to consumers. 

5.5M units shipped to retailers as of December 9th, 2010.

Madis090 said:

Do you have a source? It wouldn't surprise me if it was true seeing as the game sold 2.2M in just 2-3 days. At this moment though, one can only assume that these numbers are shipped.

pezus said:

3.56 M shipped to PAL and 0.16 to Asia = 3.72M shipped to EMEAA! Lol, definitely reaching 6 million in EMEAA LT me thinks.

Source please about shipping.

Still wating for you.

Around the Network
Madis090 said:

READ:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/101210_e.pdf

As of 6 December, more than 5.5 million units of Gran Turismo 5 have been sold worldwide.

LEARN TO READ

SHIPPED 8 MILLION, SOLD 5.5 MILLION

There's always one person who makes an entire group of people look like idiots...

pezus said:
Madis090 said:
pezus said:

3.56 M shipped to PAL and 0.16 to Asia = 3.72M shipped to EMEAA! Lol, definitely reaching 6 million in EMEAA LT me thinks.

Still wating for you.

Well I used the source in the op. Just so you know, I'm not saying these are bad numbers in EMEAA, quite the contrary actually!

Sport and Racing games always doing very well in EMEAA, shooters in USA and RPG in Japan.

I am not saying its right but OP source says its sold.

Madis090 said:

No it's states on page 2

*    Sell-in number

which means sold to retail

Sell-thru is sold to consumers.. learn the basics!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Madis090 said:
pezus said:

Still wating for you.

Here's a proof that SONY only reports shipped numbers.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6284645.html

"Sony has since clarified its initial announcement, saying that the 4.1 million figure represents "global sales for the company" to retailers--i.e. units shipped. "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales," a rep told GameSpot."

Madis090 said:
pezus said:
Madis090 said:
pezus said:

Still wating for you.

Well I used the source in the op. Just so you know, I'm not saying these are bad numbers in EMEAA, quite the contrary actually!

Sport and Racing games always doing very well in EMEAA, shooters in USA and RPG in Japan.

I am not saying its right but OP source says its sold.

When a consumer buys the game from a retailer that doesn't mean anything for SONY. SONY makes their cash when retailers pay 45-48$ for the game from SONY. Then SONY releases info on what they've "Sold to Retailers".