By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 under tracked in EMEAA, I think so

Now I really hate to say it because I know EMEAA is hard to track but from the looks of things it's way under tracked. Ever since GT5's release we've been hearing nothing but new records being set by GT5 and official big numbers from some countries, so it's odd that we just didn't get any news on records when FIFA 11 came out yet it beat GT5's first week numbers?

Here's a list of official numbers from some countries.

UK: 265-275k

France: 235k

Germany: 100 - 200K

Italy: over 100k

Spain: 92k

Finland: over 20k (day one)

India: over 20k

Total: 942K

Now I know most of that is probably shipped (or maybe it's not, I'm not 100% sure, enlighten me someone)  but still that's only 6 countries totaling 942K, there's still the rest of the world excluding the Americas and Japan, so doesn't GT5's first week of 1.2 million look a little low?

Again I know it's difficult to track EMEAA, just wanted to know if 1.2 million seemed a little low for GT5s first week based on the records and numbers were given.

Around the Network

Hmm it makes sense...but i guess we'll just have to wait for ioi to make adjustments in the future.

Looks very accurate to me.  Maybe only very mildly undertracked.  It got some pretty mixed reviews and some bad press from reviews and fans of the series as well so sales could be affected.

The countries you listed are all the major ones from EMEAA, so it makes sense that all the smaller regions make up ~300k total to me.

nightsurge said:

Looks very accurate to me.  Maybe only very mildly undertracked.  It got some pretty mixed reviews and some bad press from reviews and fans of the series as well so sales could be affected.

The countries you listed are all the major ones from EMEAA, so it makes sense that all the smaller regions make up ~300k total to me.

Well out of those 6 countries the PS3's user base is about 13 million - 14 million there's still another 6 - 7 million users in EMEAA to account for, should be more then 300K copies out of 6 - 7 million people.

Sweden,Norway and danmark are bigger countries than Finland so i think Scandinavien has sold 100-120k first week.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network

1) not all of those numbers are "official" and most likely none of them are unless they came from Sony.

2) You listed all the major countries which account for 65-70% of the total hardware.

3) The total is really >832. You took the high limits on everything. If we assume the low limits and software sales are proportional to hardware sales per country, then VGC data is right on the money.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The Indian sales are just an estimate by me based on the fact that God of War 3 sold about 15k week 1 and GT5 aparrently had a bigger opening.

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/2010/07/round-5-interview-with-atindriya-bose/3/

http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/23/gt5-grants-india-its-first-ever-midnight-game-launch/

I don't think we're actually tracking Asian sales, at least not until Polyphony updates their shipment page.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I don't know, looking at that, it seems like our first week numbers are pretty damn good.  I mean maybe a little bit under but nothing too serious.  

nordlead said:

1) not all of those numbers are "official" and most likely none of them are unless they came from Sony.

2) You listed all the major countries which account for 65-70% of the total hardware.

3) The total is really >832. You took the high limits on everything. If we assume the low limits and software sales are proportional to hardware sales per country, then VGC data is right on the money.

2. Like I said a couple post above there's still 6 - 7 million PS3 owners in EMEAA not accounted for that could be another 500K - 600K sales for all we know?

3. Reason for that is cause of Italies numbers are "over" 100K so we don't know for sure how much more all we know is it's more, that and Finland is over 20K for day one sales and India is "over" 20K so I figured I'd add the highest numbers to balance everything out.

5 millionth thread about the same game congratulations. and 4 millionth about its sales...has to be a life changer to talk so much about it.