By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 11/29 ~ 12/05

Through last week, the PS3 was 90k ahead of the Wii for 2010 (in Japan). Will the Wii pass the PS3 by the end of the year?

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
ethomaz said:
smbu2000 said:

PSP: 323k

PSP Go: 1.8k

Wow, that's quite a huge disparity. So there was no MHP3 for the Go? (psn store?)

Yea. No MHP3 for PSP Go for now.

Ah, ok thanks for the info. I'm sure all those PSP Go owners who are into Monster Hunter are probably pissed off right now as they can't play it. Maybe that's why PSP sales are so high, because they had to buy a PSP 3000 to be able to play it, haha.

Oh and you know Star Ocean the last hope sold more on the 360 right?

The fact that they are as close as they are in sales proves his point.

What the hell came out on the PSP this week 0_o

4k1x3r said:
bmmb1 said:

A couple of things regarding TOG. First, while very close, why is everyone saying FW > LT? According to VGC, LT for the Wii version is 219,914 (?) Or is everyone looking at some other numbers?

Second, are you guys for real? Tales games should be PS3 only? There may be more Tales fans on PS3 than on Wii, but it's not some crazy ratio, the difference is not THAT big. And I won't even go into the Wii's version being ultra buggy, with a fix coming out only after the game sales went away. By that same logic of yours, COD should be 360 only with no PS3 version - just try selling that to Activision. Get real, multiplatform is the smart way to go for companies, exclusivity will take a game only so far.

2 times more Wii's, yet it sells better on PS3, that's what they meant, I guess.

Userbase doesn't matter half as much as people think it does. So what if it sold that much? Monter Hunter sold almost the same as Pokemon in DS FW, wich has bigger userbase. DS is doomed!

Edit: ok, Pokémon sold more than MH. But I'll find a better example.

There is a much better example for that:

How do you explain Metroid Prime that sold 2.83 million on the GameCube, a console with almost 4x less "userbase" than Metroid Other M on the Wii, wich barely crawled to 600K this weeks?

Above: still the best game of the year.

yo_john117 said:

Monster Hunter.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Soriku said:
morenoingrato said:

These PSP numbers make me mad >:(

at least wii did well and gt5 sold 55k on 2nd week

I thought you'd be happier since GT5 had an 87% drop :P

Great sales for PSP and good sales for Wii as well as PS3. MHP3 did very good, and so did ToGF but that's not being localized so who cares.

Yeah, the GT5 drop makes my selfish soul happy, however it is offset greatly by the DS-PSP gap

Notorius.A.i.G said:
yo_john117 said:

Monster Hunter.

Wow that is most impressive!

bmmb1 said:

A couple of things regarding TOG. First, while very close, why is everyone saying FW > LT? According to VGC, LT for the Wii version is 219,914 (?) Or is everyone looking at some other numbers?

Second, are you guys for real? Tales games should be PS3 only? There may be more Tales fans on PS3 than on Wii, but it's not some crazy ratio, the difference is not THAT big. And I won't even go into the Wii's version being ultra buggy, with a fix coming out only after the game sales went away. By that same logic of yours, COD should be 360 only with no PS3 version - just try selling that to Activision. Get real, multiplatform is the smart way to go for companies, exclusivity will take a game only so far.

I guess I can see where you're coming from for the most part, but the COD comparison is faulty.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

GT5 had a huge drop ... but in comparision FFXIII had like a 88 - 89 % drop. I was expecting around 100,000 - 120,000 for second week. Oh well, I don't think we'll see GT5 drop below 10,000 this year in Japan.

PS : When does the Xbox 360 version of FFXIII come out ?

And how could I forget ....

BEAST PSP NUMBERS !!! But sadly, it'll still be last place in the WW charts.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

God damn that's a lot of PSP's!