By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 11/29 ~ 12/05

Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:

-.-

Proof or it didn't happen...

Edit: And yeah, you probably know what most people predicted... -.-

dude, all you gotta do is go to the prediction thread, the number one vote getter is that gt5 will be the BEST SELLING GT5 TO DATE!!! that means people thinking that 15 million is going to happen! OF COURSE THAT WAS BEFORE THE 8'S for reviews started pouring in and word of mouth saying it was like a polished turd.

LoL, it's getting funnier with every post

Everyone can vote on polls on VGC, you don't have to be signed up/registered. Polls on here are hardly representative. Rather look at those who actually posted what they think it would sell.

Sry, but I can't stop smiling atm

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

^ Not to defend Halo_Reach's antics, but don't bash him for bringing up those crazy predictions after he was asked to do just that.

M.U.G.E.N said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=114292&page=1

and no that 7.5 mil under my name is a mistake :P darth mixed up EMEAA and Jp

anywho yeah OMFG SO MANY ABOVE 2 MIL LT SALES PREDICTIONS FOR JAPAN!!!! 0_0 So many said 2.5 mil too!! Especially that BHR fella JUST like you said too.........

Seriously give it a rest..it's starting to look a bit sad now, even if it's entertaining

Although it's sad, it's getting funnier with every post at the same time. I'm anticipating his next post

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

snfr said:
Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:

-.-

Proof or it didn't happen...

Edit: And yeah, you probably know what most people predicted... -.-

dude, all you gotta do is go to the prediction thread, the number one vote getter is that gt5 will be the BEST SELLING GT5 TO DATE!!! that means people thinking that 15 million is going to happen! OF COURSE THAT WAS BEFORE THE 8'S for reviews started pouring in and word of mouth saying it was like a polished turd.

Everyone can vote on polls on VGC, you don't have to be signed up/registered. Polls on here are hardly representative. Rather look at those who actually posted what they think it would sell.

sweet! glad i could make ur day a little more entertaining! just glad people didnt try and get me banned again....

Kenology said:

^ Not to defend Halo_Reach's antics, but don't bash him for bringing up those crazy predictions after he was asked to do just that.

We're not bashing him, we're making fun of him because he can't provide any proof for these crazy predictions

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

Around the Network
Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:

sweet! glad i could make ur day a little more entertaining! just glad people didnt try and get me banned again....

Good good, I think we can stop this discussion now. Enough fun for one day.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

snfr said:
Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:

Good good, I think we can stop this discussion now. Enough fun for one day.

take it easy bro

outlawauron said:

Also, Taiko Drum Master 3 on Wii is way low. Kinda surprised considering how well the series has sold before.

According to VGCs number the first week was nearly identical to the first week of the last game. The  last game opened with 29,929,and is at 397,535 now.

Kasz216 said:
psrock said:
Kasz216 said:
psrock said:
Kasz216 said:
psrock said:
Halo_Reach said:
psrock said:

owise.

gt5 is not going to reach 6 million actual sales. be lucky to hit 5 million- which is still a lot

this thread is about japan, stick to it. We have plenty of thread to disscuss LTD GT5 expectations.

Besides, Europe i mean....

You confused me there?

Europe loves racers.

I wanted to stick to The Japanese sales though. I know it will sell in Europe, but it seems Japan is not buying this game. I personally blame Sony, I have never seen a company threat a huge game like this in my life.

Treat how?  Like with the delays?

They delayed it couple of weeks without giving us any reason and with that they also messed completely their advertizing plans as during holidays ad slots must be bought months prior. Result was that game came out with minimal advertizing. Microsoft would have never done this with Halo.

Those GT5 numbers are just horrible.

It is true GT4 had a big drop off too but it actually had a higher number to begin with.

By its 2nd week GT4 had 831k sales. GT5 has 479k. Meaning GT5 is down 352k on GT4 for the same period. Or down 42%. And that is the true story here. You can talk about legs and how it will sell until the year 3000 but at the 2nd week point it is already down 42% on it's previous version. The game has absolutely no chance of getting 1m sales in Japan unless the game is bundled. Which no doubt it will do very soon. But it will show that the game is not as popular as it once was.