By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 11/29 ~ 12/05

bluthunder said:

PS3 - 5,855,442

This week PS3 became the highest selling second place console in Japan, beating Sega Saturn (5,800,000) and NEC PC Engine (5,840,000).

Wii - 10,891,464

Unless Wii can beat Super Famicom (17,170,000) it will be the lowest selling first place console in Japan, and this will be the closest generation in Japanese history.

You know, if Sega Saturn had the marketing it had in Japan in the US... I bet it would of succeeded.

Around the Network

PSP > PS3 WW this week?

Is this possible?

adsl said:

PSP > PS3 WW this week?

Is this possible?

PSP will do about 500,000 worldwide, I don't think PS3 will be below.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

GT5 drop off is big.....PS3 HW not so much.

Tales of Graces did great, but at the same time it pisses me off. It has sold over 400k copies which is great, but will Namco localise it? Nope...

Around the Network

ooh, wow just terrible numbers for GT5, why can't any PS3 games have legs in Japan?  This was the only game I expected to stay up there for a while. Well, we can forget about selling a Million in Japan anymore.

Great numbers for PSP, Wii and PS3 hardware wise.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

ooh, wow just terrible numbers for GT5, why can't any PS3 games have legs in Japan?  This was the only game I expected to stay up there for a while. Well, we can forget about selling a Million in Japan anymore.

gt5 is not going to reach 6 million actual sales. be lucky to hit 5 million- which is still a lot

Halo_Reach said:
psrock said:

gt5 is not going to reach 6 million actual sales. be lucky to hit 5 million- which is still a lot

this thread is about japan, stick to it. We have plenty of thread to disscuss LTD GT5 expectations.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Can someone tell me how those Taiko wii figures look like? I think it looks very low -_- but I dunno how the series has done FW in the past

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

psrock said:
Halo_Reach said:
psrock said:

this thread is about japan, stick to it. We have plenty of thread to disscuss LTD GT5 expectations.

Besides, Europe i mean....  hasty to make judgements.