By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How did the star wars prequels go so wrong? Does Lucas Realise it?

Did Lucas even direct 5 and 6.

Around the Network

Star Wars Episode 1 is pretty crap, Episode 2 was Ok and Episode 3 was Awesome but the ending was disappointing, i expecting more from Darth then just 1 sentence lol

The Xbox Man said:

I want to ask all of you, how do you think they went so wrong? 

I didnt think there was anything wrong with them. Its more likely people who were massive fans of the original series got completely overhyped when they heard he was making more films, so were obviously disappointed when the saw them.

Nothing went wrong.

The prequels are AMAZING. Easily among the best sci-fi and action movies ever made.

Episode 1: Qui-gon, Obiwan, young Anakin, Dart Maul, droids army, Naboo, Jar Jar, war and politics was great

Episode 2: Anakin padawan, Obiwan, the war with the clone, the rise of Sidious, the dark side growing, Yoda vs Doku was great too

Episode 3: Even better, the coruscent battle, Doku, Grivious, the end of the jedis,  Anakin turning into Vador, Obiwan vs Anaking, Yoda vs Sidious

All 3 prequels are great.

I will go as far as saying that people who did not like the prequels are not Star wars fans.

@ Omac

Lucas did not direct episodes 5 & 6.  Irvin Kershner directed 5 and Richard Marquand directed 6, Lucas directed the rest.

OT

Personally I liked the prequels, I just wish Jar Jar Binks would've been killed in PM.

Around the Network

Just watched the red letter media videos and holy crap, I still called myself picky when it came to storylines and stuff. The prequels are pretty flawed haha. But I don't know, they are entertaining somehow to me, even with it's plotholes. The basic idea was good, even if most went wrong after that. 

Why are they so bad? Because they were made to maximize profits from SW marchandise not to be good films.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

He has fallen to the dark side of the dollar...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

i don't know why they get so much hate,people don't like phantom menace because a young kid is in the lead

i'm sure alot of youngsters enjoyed them like i enjoyed the originals,its hard to describe how different they were back in 77/80 and people then didn't like jedi for the same reasons but love it now,there were not big action/sci-fi  flicks back then but are 10 to the dozen now

sure people don't like binks and other things and they are not as good as the redux originals for me but i still enjoyed them and they have some great stuff in them too plus yoda/r2d2/palpatine etc enough said

anyway its all about the light and dark,respect to lucas for that,not as easy to do as some on here appear to think

Above & Beyond

I'm not even reading a single word of this thread. Just posting blind.

But those of you who hate on the prequels are a bunch of turds who can't seem to realize they are NO different than what was offered in the originals.

Same relatively poor acting and script. Same random silliness and corny behavior.

In fact, the prequels added large scale REAL wars that was only really a small portion of SW:ESB and nonexistent in the other two. They also added REAL lightsaber battles versus simple fencing.

You are all a bunch of hypocrites and simply looking through the rosy eyes of a child based on when you first saw the other movies.

The prequels are great and make the complete story even more amazing.

Were there issues with overall plot and ways I would have changed stuff or not changed stuff, sure, we all have our opinions, but the fact remains that they are great movies and will also endure for generations just as the originals have.

I am looking forward to seeing them again in the theater over the next few years in 3D.