By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's your favorite GT5 car?

my favourite car so far is the corvette ZR1 (C6) 09 converted to a race car ,btw does any one know how i can get a formula granturismo to race in the extreme series LV23  Formula gt Championship ,I'm LV24 and have only to do that race and the dream car championship i will do the dream car one  today as i have cars for that one.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
ultima said:
lestatdark said:
ultima said:
Vetteman94 said:
ultima said:

I don't have too many cars right now, but I love my RX8 and RX7. Awesome cars. Currently saving up for a Lotus; those things are sexy.

I can't wait till I'm level 23. Audi R10 TDI, Peugeot 908, Mazda 787B... (drools)

I agree with the RX-7,  they were always a favorite of mine in past GT games.  No different in GT5.  

What Lotus you looking to get?   Elise, Evora?

I'll probably buy Elise first.

And I just remembered the Mercedes-Benz (300SL?) from the Nurburgring special event is really fun to drive. I'll probably make that my next priority.

The 300 SL is a very sexy beast to drive, I used my Collector's edition version in some of the cups in A-Spec.

Also, if you're going to buy an Elise, for your sake, stay away from any form of Hard tyres. If you put Hard tyres in it, be it Comfort, Sports or Racing, the 111R will feel like you're driving over ice. 

P.S - Don't be expecting much when you hit level 23. I'm only 10K exp away from it and at least 1.6M behind getting either the Peugeot 908 or Audi R10 and 3.2M away from the Mazda 787B. Considering that I've got pretty much all the maximum pay-off from every event (all golds), I still have to do tons of money grinding to get any of them.

Shit, that sucks man. I guess that's what B-Spec's for.

Does anyone know how buying cars really works? Dealership seems to only have premiums. Do you have to win the standards or buy them as used cars? If that is the case, is there any way to manipulate the used car market? Because I saw the Sauber Mercedez-Benz race car (the one from GT4 that you won for getting gold on the F1 championship) in there the other day, but it's no longer there. Not that I'll be able to buy something like that anytime soon, but if it's left to chance, then I might never have that car... :'(

The used cars dealership works in the following fashion: After each "day" passes (a day in GT5 is counted as an individual race, be it in A-Spec, B-Spec, Special Events or Practice) a new set of four standard cars is shuffled into the dealership and they replace the four bottom standards that were there previously.

The only way to kinda manipulate is, is to constantly going in and out of a practice session and constantly checking it for the car that you want. That's pretty much the only way to get a Polyphony Formula Car for the Polyphony Formula GT Cup, if you're not lucky enough to have it show up when you have cash for it (near 2.5M Cr).

The majority of cars that you win in cups or special events are Standards (which is normal, given the ratio of 220:811 premium - standard cars), though most of them aren't that useful (at least most of those that I've won so far).

This is one of my biggest gripes with GT5.  Too much time waiting for the car you want to show up in the used car list. On top of this there are too many events that require a standard car.  Not to mention the music in the used cars section is really annoying.  Wish I could turn it off or change it.  

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

mjk45 said:

my favourite car so far is the corvette ZR1 (C6) 09 converted to a race car ,btw does any one know how i can get a formula granturismo to race in the extreme series LV23  Formula gt Championship ,I'm LV24 and have only to do that race and the dream car championship i will do the dream car one  today as i have cars for that one.

You'll have to constantly reset the cars in the Used Cars Dealership, as I told Ultima. It's a shame and a nuisance to do it, but unfortunately it's the only way to go.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

darklich13 said:
lestatdark said:
ultima said:
lestatdark said:
ultima said:
Vetteman94 said:
ultima said:

I don't have too many cars right now, but I love my RX8 and RX7. Awesome cars. Currently saving up for a Lotus; those things are sexy.

I can't wait till I'm level 23. Audi R10 TDI, Peugeot 908, Mazda 787B... (drools)

I agree with the RX-7,  they were always a favorite of mine in past GT games.  No different in GT5.  

And I just remembered the Mercedes-Benz (300SL?) from the Nurburgring special event is really fun to drive. I'll probably make that my next priority.

The 300 SL is a very sexy beast to drive, I used my Collector's edition version in some of the cups in A-Spec.

Also, if you're going to buy an Elise, for your sake, stay away from any form of Hard tyres. If you put Hard tyres in it, be it Comfort, Sports or Racing, the 111R will feel like you're driving over ice. 

P.S - Don't be expecting much when you hit level 23. I'm only 10K exp away from it and at least 1.6M behind getting either the Peugeot 908 or Audi R10 and 3.2M away from the Mazda 787B. Considering that I've got pretty much all the maximum pay-off from every event (all golds), I still have to do tons of money grinding to get any of them.

Does anyone know how buying cars really works? Dealership seems to only have premiums. Do you have to win the standards or buy them as used cars? If that is the case, is there any way to manipulate the used car market? Because I saw the Sauber Mercedez-Benz race car (the one from GT4 that you won for getting gold on the F1 championship) in there the other day, but it's no longer there. Not that I'll be able to buy something like that anytime soon, but if it's left to chance, then I might never have that car... :'(

The used cars dealership works in the following fashion: After each "day" passes (a day in GT5 is counted as an individual race, be it in A-Spec, B-Spec, Special Events or Practice) a new set of four standard cars is shuffled into the dealership and they replace the four bottom standards that were there previously.

The only way to kinda manipulate is, is to constantly going in and out of a practice session and constantly checking it for the car that you want. That's pretty much the only way to get a Polyphony Formula Car for the Polyphony Formula GT Cup, if you're not lucky enough to have it show up when you have cash for it (near 2.5M Cr).

The majority of cars that you win in cups or special events are Standards (which is normal, given the ratio of 220:811 premium - standard cars), though most of them aren't that useful (at least most of those that I've won so far).

This is one of my biggest gripes with GT5.  Too much time waiting for the car you want to show up in the used car list. On top of this there are too many events that require a standard car.  Not to mention the music in the used cars section is really annoying.  Wish I could turn it off or change it.  

So far I've only done 3 A-Spec cups that required Standards only, the Sports Truck, the European Classic Car and Lupo cup, and from Professional forward, every other event is doable with Premium and Standard. 

But I agree, it's a big nuisance, which was also my biggest gripe with GT:PSP. I didn't like this system then and I still don't like it in GT5 >_<

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

You'll have to constantly reset the cars in the Used Cars Dealership, as I told Ultima. It's a shame and a nuisance to do it, but unfortunately it's the only way to go.

yeah had the same trouble with the pick up truck race waited for ages  to get a pick up in the used cars over 24 hrs and countless new used  car buys then suddenly  bingo they like arse holes every ones got one.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

yeah had the same trouble with the pick up truck race waited for ages  to get a pick up in the used cars over 24 hrs and countless new used  car buys then suddenly  bingo they like arse holes every ones got one.

It would have been easier to do the I-A license and get at least bronze in it. The reward is a Dodge Hemi Laramie 1500 truck. 

I guess I was lucky, since this is a habit that I had from previous GT's, doing almost all of the licenses first, before going into the meat of GT itself.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
darklich13 said:
lestatdark said:
ultima said:
lestatdark said:
ultima said:
Vetteman94 said:
ultima said:

So far I've only done 3 A-Spec cups that required Standards only, the Sports Truck, the European Classic Car and Lupo cup, and from Professional forward, every other event is doable with Premium and Standard. 

But I agree, it's a big nuisance, which was also my biggest gripe with GT:PSP. I didn't like this system then and I still don't like it in GT5 >_<

Well, that good to know cause I've already got those done.  The Premium cars are so amazing its the only cars I really want to drive. 

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darklich13 said:
lestatdark said:
darklich13 said:
lestatdark said:
ultima said:
lestatdark said:
ultima said:
Vetteman94 said:
ultima said:

Well, that good to know cause I've already got those done.  The Premium cars are so amazing its the only cars I really want to drive. 

I'm with you here. Having to race with the standards, I only do it in the bumper camera. I've grown so accustomed to the cockpit camera, it's hard to pick anything else

Current PC Build

I mirror your guys' comments on the Used Car lot, its a shame its that way.   It wouldnt be as bad if the just expanded it to close to 100 cars instead of only 30

Vetteman94 said:

I mirror your guys' comments on the Used Car lot, its a shame its that way.   It wouldnt be as bad if the just expanded it to close to 100 cars instead of only 30

That would be a massive improvement of what we have at this moment. That way it would be easier to manage the randomization with a longer time span for the cars to disappear from the list. 

Heck, I haven't even started randomizing for the Polyphony Formula car and I'm already dreading it >_>

Current PC Build