By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Assassin's Creed chalks up 2.5 million in sales

glad to see a new IP sell great

Around the Network

If the PS3 really continues it's momentum in Europe I think 5 million is possible. This and Call of Duty 4 seem to be the premire titles for the PS3 right now, for all the forcasting about othre games who would have thought it would be the muli-platform titles which would be so strong.

The 360 version will probably drop off a cliff after Christmass as most of theri titles are front loaded but word of mouth is strong and I don't see any competing games in this genre. Maybe a next gen Tenchu if it was done well.

Maybe it wasn't a perfect game, and sure there are better games out there, but even the critical reviews don't think it is a bad game. It is like the Pirates of the Caribean movies. Were they the best things ever? No. Did they have flaws? Yes. Did people get there money's worth and felt entertained? Hell Yes.

Good for Ubisoft. Maybe now they can take these HD profits to fund the Wii games they plan on "makin Nntendo level" quality.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

ioi said:
Where are all the people complaining that we need to adjust our numbers because they are wrong?
1.5 + 1 million is 2.5 million. It is near perfect.

RolStoppable said:
I blame Jade Raymond.

Chugworth, is that you? Sorry I had to do it Rol.

apparently ubosoft said its the best first month for a new ip game ever. Even if this is not 100% true its still awesome that new ip titles with innovative gameplay can beat the normal double-digit sequel games. Ubisoft Montreal is really the best studio around. I would love to know what they do next

Around the Network

Gratz Ubisoft.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Gratz on tracking, ioi.

Gratz to Ubisoft. New IP's are always welcome, as long as they aren't too flawed[Red Steel-barely average(IMO)].

I'm with Yahtzee on the game:

madskillz said:
The game is awesome and worthy of the sales. I have it on the 360, and I have yet to encounter any hang-ups. I love getting on a ledge over soldiers harassing townfolks and locking onto to them. They climb to up the ladder and I slash them once and send them to their demise. Love it!

Agreed. The game really pushes the envelope in many ways. Sure, it's a flawed experience, but the good greatly outweighs the bad. The game definitely deserves the sales and half the people here condemning it probably haven't even played it yet.

Even Yahtzee had a lot of good things to say about it and he hates damned near everything. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Kyros said:
Ubisoft Montreal is really the best studio around. I would love to know what they do next
 Splinter Cell: Conviction. I heart Ubi Montreal. They're really an underrated studio.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/