By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 for the win, says retail UK

By win, do they mean which will they benefit from the most in the UK? You would have thought it would be the Wii, but I would assume that they can sell 360s well, as well as plenty of its software, and they are seeing the PS3 on the rise

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
I seriously doubt that the 360 will win this 'war' with the Wii selling at the current rate and also the PS3, which is still more expensive and has less games selling just as strongly. I think that if anything the 360 will be last this generation, with the Wii being 1st and the PS3 being 2nd!

In terms of MS deserving to win this generation, that is not true as the whole RROD problem makes them, if anything, not deserve to win!

If anything the console which deserves nthing is PS3. Mainly because of PR bullshit. And of course probably the worst game lineup so far in gaming hstory. Problems with graphics and online functions. Dont get me wrong RROD isnt god, but Evey console I've owned has problems 2 of those being Sony consoles. PS3 sales wil drop back to 80 or 90,000 behind 360 again in January. Christmas is always a different ball game.

Maybe nintendo said the same thing to them that they said to american retailers you sell less DS stuff you get less Wii, so this is their way of striking back

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Well, UK is basically U.S 2, so I'm not surprised the retailers have that opinion. Seems they have very little knowledge of the current market though...

Kinda hard for them not to know what they market is like, considering they sell to it every day, eh?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Kinda hard for them not to know what they market is like, considering they sell to it every day, eh?

Yes, but they clearly have no idea what's going on outside their political borders, that's my point. 360 sales are rather good in the UK, so retailers probably assume that the same is true for the rest of the world.

And do you think local UK retailers care about anywhere else in Europe aside from their own store, and how quickly their hardware and software sells.

If you run a store, and a certain product sells very strongly, your going to think that it'll win - regardless of it's preformance elsewhere. Not every store owner has to be a data analyiser such as ourselves to know what's selling at their store, and what isn't.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.