By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN loves WII Love Golf!

Argh, it absolutely bombed in Japan. I hate that. I'll definitely be buying it as I have been looking for a good Wii golf game and I like the art style and the Capcom characters! Plus, Camelot is a great developer.

Around the Network
albionus said:
*~Onna76~* said:
I've got the game ordered, anxious to see if its any comparible with Minna no Golf 5. If this game "won't" sell in Japan, I'll seriously freak out.

Japan loves golf games so this one should be fine.  Although perhaps Capcom could improve its sales prospects by calling it We Love Golf 12.

Sounds great though I wonder what this means for Mario Golf Wii. 

Check first day sales, it "bombed", like most WII games do, like a Nights will do, a Zack & Wiki did and like a No More Heroes did and I'm so sick and tired of all these excuses of why these games are bombing. Japan only goes like awaaa wah wah for a WII Fit and the rest can stuff it up. Yeah... sorry... I'M FREAKING OUT . I really like to slap people around out there in Japan.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

i'll buy it :)

I'll buy it too.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
*~Onna76~* said:
albionus said:
*~Onna76~* said:
I've got the game ordered, anxious to see if its any comparible with Minna no Golf 5. If this game "won't" sell in Japan, I'll seriously freak out.

Japan loves golf games so this one should be fine. Although perhaps Capcom could improve its sales prospects by calling it We Love Golf 12.

Sounds great though I wonder what this means for Mario Golf Wii.

Check first day sales, it "bombed", like most WII games do, like a Nights will do, a Zack & Wiki did and like a No More Heroes did and I'm so sick and tired of all these excuses of why these games are bombing. Japan only goes like awaaa wah wah for a WII Fit and the rest can stuff it up. Yeah... sorry... I'M FREAKING OUT . I really like to slap people around out there in Japan.

The Japanese consumer usually doesn't go with new IP's. If "We Love Golf" is good it will get a lot of word of mouth sales and do okay. If Minna no Golf stumbles, and it looks like it might be, then you should expect much better sales for "We Love Golf 2". It would be very similar to how Brain Age 2 outsold the original so quickly. 

Since from what I've heard WLG is a good golf game, and I would expect no less from Camelot, I'm sure that the sequel is in the works already and they are banking on the second one to make the sales for the series. The first just has to break even and prove itself, not just in Japan but worldwide. This cycle will take place many times with the new IP's and even ported over series to the Wii.