By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NINTENDO DS Outsells PS2!!!

menx64 said:

All hail DS! if it is now great, later? Still great, I dont really care if it now or later, but the fact that the DS deserve all those sells and more, the best game "machine" I ve ever have...

Yeah, it would probably win the "best handheld ever" title here and now.  The only competition I can think of is maybe the original GameBoy/ Game Boy Color combo.   Great stuff.

Around the Network

It was all because of "The World Ends With You" I was about to get rid of my ds before this game came into my life and now I am going to go get Golden Sun this weekend so......RPGs and Ace Attorney series kept my DS alive.

I am no good at grammar =) 

DAMN IT! This EP is such a good idea 

It was all because of "The World Ends With You" I was about to get rid of my ds before this game came into my life and now I am going to go get Golden Sun this weekend so......RPGs and Ace Attorney series kept my DS alive.

I am no good at grammar =) 

DAMN IT! This EP is such a good idea 

trestres said:
Even though he has admited he's just trolling the site, he's right. VGC PS2's numbers are not correct. There's no way there's 9 million PS2's on shelves and that Sony keeps on shipping and stuffing the channel. I mean, it's just common sense.

Besides, shipment numbers hold the major importance. Everytime there's a comparison made people use shipped numbers for older consoles, why not follow the same rule in this case? It's a case of DS fans being a bit desperate about it happening NOW. It will happen, just wait.

One question, when Sony changes their counting method (shipped versus produced-included replacement units) have they also readjust the previous PS2 number or just from add the shipped number to the produced number ?

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Frank_kc said:

why are you comparing a handheld device to a console? well I can say PC's sold millions and outsold DS since PC's are also used for gaming. PS2 is still the king of consoles all time.

Then PC has outsold Ps2 in what you said and board games are for gaming too,and what about those thing you can buy in stores that plug into your TV with preloaded games???

Around the Network

They are all console the portable part is just used to justify that you can take it with you and home being it isnt portable if the DS isnt a console then why should anyother be considered that either.Lease if you dont have any posistive about this event dont post

Not really accurate, look at the shipped numbers from Sony.
Wikipedia suggesting PS2 is at 147 million.

No way there can be almost 10 million on shelves xD

Frank_kc said:

why are you comparing a handheld device to a console? well I can say PC's sold millions and outsold DS since PC's are also used for gaming. PS2 is still the king of consoles all time.

That's a horrible comparison. The PC isn't a console. The DS is a handheld CONSOLE. Don't try to sound smart by rewording it as handheld "device".

it hasn't...but ok

Boutros said:

But on wikipedia it says 135.58 million for the DS and 147.6 million for the PS2 :P

135.58M shipped as of September 31st 2010 ;)

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d