By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Iwata Asks: Donkey Kong Country Returns (featuring RETRO STUDIOS!!!)

Tidbits

Iwata
To go into a little more detail about that, when talk came up of several key members from Retro Studios leaving the company, not a few people were skeptical about whether the company would be able to keep making high-quality games. In the end, Retro Studios totally dispelled all such concerns, but it must have been a challenge or hardship of sorts.

You must have had to decide in a very short period of time what kind of role the new central developers would play and how you would pull the team together. What's more, those people must have fallen under an enormous amount of pressure because they had to bear responsibility for leading others when they hadn't proven themselves in that capacity yet. I would like it if you could tell us a little about what you at Retro Studios thought about that situation as it was unfolding.
(I'll update this more a bit later. Got something I must do first!)

Around the Network

I wonder what Retro is working on now, I wouldn't be surprised if they were making DKCR the same times as another game.

MrT-Tar said:

I wonder what Retro is working on now, I wouldn't be surprised if they were making DKCR the same times as another game.

F-Zero Returns...

SuperAdrianK said:
MrT-Tar said:

F-Zero Returns...

Oh come on  you know that is not the name of it. It will be called F-Zero Returns Wii!

Games4Fun said:
SuperAdrianK said:
MrT-Tar said:

F-Zero Returns...

Oh come on  you know that is not the name of it. It will be called F-Zero Returns Wii!

It isn't Returns since the last F-Zero was a little more resent than the last Donkey Kong Country. 

It's more like F-Zero RW.  

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Read the whole thing. >.<

Iwata asks is always interesting. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

Read the whole thing. >.<

Iwata asks is always interesting. 

Who ever knew the lady was a dictator?

For the F-zero, it should be named "F-Zero's Come Back!" or something along those lines.

Wow, make that a definite buy for me. Iwata must be some sort of magician marketing genius to come up with Iwata Asks, :O.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Bloody hell, the guys at Retro Studios really had a blast with this game, during and after the development of DKCR.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Could have been a great game if it wheren't for those god afwul motion controlls.

After finishing world 2 I just did go back to DKC2 on the virtual console, and I just can't force me play this one.