By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII CROSSES 6 MILLION Units!

FINAL FANTASY XIII CROSSES 6 MILLION Units!

6.25 Million 19 13.77%

6.50 Million 17 12.32%

6.75 Million 16 11.59%

7.00 Million 32 23.19%

7.25 Million 7 5.07%

7.50 Million 46 33.33%

Total:137
A203D said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Cirio said:

So the PS3 version will probably finish around 5 million. Had it been exclusive, FFXIII on the PS3 would've outsold FFXII on the PS2. Awesome sales!

Yeah this kinda proves FF Versus XIII has no need to go multiplat.

Not necessarily, theres no telling that those 1.5 million (or whatever) people would have bought a PS3 for FF13, Versus will likely go multiplat because thats 1.5 million units more than Wada can afford to ignore.

Maybe but 1.5 Million isn't "that" big a large number......over time that 1.5 Million could've been covered up. Among the 1.5 Million some would be multi console owners as well.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Oh well. We can't predit the future =) Let's just hope Versus XIII has good (and better) sales than XIII. And let's see if FFXIII can reach 8 million with both consoles combined.

wow.... great news. FF games are really front loaded, so I'm sure many of us didn't think this day would come :')

It's funny cause this is the first holiday season it's out. I wonder if it'll get a boost.

CGI-Quality said:

Now where did I hear this game would not top past FF games? Hmmmm.....

Good for it! I guess the reviews haven't held this back.

Lets use this as proof GT5 will do 10 Million

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Why would you get GT5 when you can get games in the same genre, on a competing console, with higher Meta scores? Come on darth, you're not making sense!

The PS3 version of FF13 hasnt outsold FF12 which was on the PS2, and we can assume that a lot of PS2 fans moved to the 360 and then bought FF13. this is not an option for GT5, thus its debatable if it can outsell GT4, yet alone 10mil.

Around the Network
perpride said:

wow.... great news. FF games are really front loaded, so I'm sure many of us didn't think this day would come :')

It's funny cause this is the first holiday season it's out. I wonder if it'll get a boost.

I think the boost began 3 weeks back

@CGI

tehehe

@Cirio

Yeah lets hope for that!!!

A203D said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Why would you get GT5 when you can get games in the same genre, on a competing console, with higher Meta scores? Come on darth, you're not making sense!

The PS3 version of FF13 hasnt outsold FF12 which was on the PS2, and we can assume that a lot of PS2 fans moved to the 360 and then bought FF13. this is not an option for GT5, thus its debatable if it can outsell GT4, yet alone 10mil.

But remember MGS4 outsold MGS3

GOW3 will for sure outsell GOW1/2

This calls for wild celebration!!!

I vote 7.50Mill lifetime. 

I also believe that the resign for FFXIII low Japanese Numbers is install base on PS3 which is improving so expect higher Japan numbers lifetime.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S PARTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*celebrates*

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

snfr said:

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S PARTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*celebrates*

You dressed up 4 da partyz?