By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII CROSSES 6 MILLION Units!

FINAL FANTASY XIII CROSSES 6 MILLION Units!

6.25 Million 19 13.77%

6.50 Million 17 12.32%

6.75 Million 16 11.59%

7.00 Million 32 23.19%

7.25 Million 7 5.07%

7.50 Million 46 33.33%

Total:137
ishiki said:

congrats... I voted 7 million.

-->Back no ninja gaiden sigma.

Please don't quote me :P I don't want to come back in this thread and see conflict :P

I give it 5 more minutes before hating begins!

and lolol now you will have to look at the thread!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

So the PS3 version will probably finish around 5 million. Had it been exclusive, FFXIII on the PS3 would've outsold FFXII on the PS2. Awesome sales!

I expect it to begin generating negative sales soon, ending up at 4.5-5 million lifetime.

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

That's a good mark for FFXIII and it deserves all those sales

Though Hatmoza won't be happy with it

Hatmoza: 

Darth:  

thats 6 million disapointed people then

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Cirio said:

So the PS3 version will probably finish around 5 million. Had it been exclusive, FFXIII on the PS3 would've outsold FFXII on the PS2. Awesome sales!

Yeah this kinda proves FF Versus XIII has no need to go multiplat.

While i dont think its a good game, its good its reached that number for the hard work the technichal staff put in over the last 5 years. although lets not get ahead of ourselves, it outsold FF12, a troubled game that came out at the end of the PS2's life cycle, and it has had a lot bigger marketing campagain than FF12.

darthdevidem01 said:
Cirio said:

Not really, because it being multi-plat will ensure greater sales than it being exclusive to a single platform. All this really "proves" is that install base means jack when comparing sales of games from the PS2 era with games from the PS3 era.

darthdevidem01 said:
Cirio said:

Not necessarily, theres no telling that those 1.5 million (or whatever) people would have bought a PS3 for FF13, Versus will likely go multiplat because thats 1.5 million units more than Wada can afford to ignore.

Cirio said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Cirio said:

Not really, because it being multi-plat will ensure greater sales than it being exclusive to a single platform. All this really "proves" is that install base means jack when comparing sales of games from the PS2 era with games from the PS3 era.

Exclusives have more hype though...like for example enslaved sold less than Heavenly Sword even though Heavenly sword was exclusive while Enslaved was multiplat. Many factors come into play. I do agree about userbase argument