By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

zgamer5 said:
kowenicki said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
kowenicki said:
perpride said:

Dude I couldn't disagree with you more.

I think the host nations they picked are absolutley perfect. Football is an all-inclusive sport. FIFA is an all-inclusive organization. These two nations clearly had the readiness for the task which is at hand.

I'm not so much excited for Russia 2018, even though I can respect that they will be hosting it and of course I think they will do a magnficient job.

It's Qatar 2022 which has me HYPED UP!!! A world cup being hosted in the Middle-East is an absolutley brilliant idea. It's what FIFA is all about. And I've heard rumors their putting cooling systems in every single seat of their stadiums.

I'm from Iran, so I might actually even go to that one.

Sorry dudes, I don't know if you are from England or what, but you sound like you are the way you're complaining.

Give me 5 good reasons why.

why not? we will never get to attend WCs ever if this didn't happen, I am happy with millions arabs are celebrating now, enough reason

You make my point perfectly...  thanks.

You all love football so much that you need the world cup on your door step to attend.

Fans from England, Germany, Holland, Brasil, Argentina, Italy etc etc will travel to watch it wherever it is, whenever it is and even if they dont qualify.

not true, their were many arabs at the world cup in south africa, but the thing is its cheaper if its 1 hour away from us(by a plane). also most of the fans who go to the world cup go with their country hence everything is organised for them and what they pay is minimal.

Let's celebrate ;D

lol I am too excited.

Around the Network
numonex said:

Qatar and Russia can easily deploy their military/police to maintain law and order if things got out of control. Threat of football hooligans is reduced in half when the English team fails to qualify for the World Cup. 

England  is over run with football hooligans and law and order would be very hard to maintain. English football hooligans cause all the trouble at the World Cup events and they cause trouble at every single football match. Football hooligans run around Beer can in one hand and house brick or roof tile in the other hand. English hooligans are drunken disorderly thugs and a threat to the community. Any drunken English fan from any socio-economic class or ethnicity is capable of a being a public enemy number one and a football hooligan. 

Imagine a World Cup in the heartland of football hooligans? The reputation of the game would be tarnished by hosting a World Cup in England.

Do you flip a coin and decide which country you support when you write your tripe? Barmy barmy army eh?

kowenicki said:
perpride said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
perpride said:

It's Qatar 2022 which has me HYPED UP!!! A world cup being hosted in the Middle-East is an absolutley brilliant idea. It's what FIFA is all about. And I've heard rumors their putting cooling systems in every single seat of their stadiums.

Kowen already told you , those cooling systems won't work and it will be dry as hell too.

So let me see if I got this right. The world cup can never be hosted in a country where it's too hot for your liking?

Correct. 

whats so odd about that?

bit like how you can never host the winter olympics in England or Qatar.

or the world surfing championships in Luxembourg

or the rock climbing world cup in the maldives

get the picture..? this isnt about being politically correct or "inclusive", its about being sensible.

Playing in 45 degree heat is simply insane... it doesnt suit the sport of football.  Even if the games can go ahead they will be dire slow affairs where everyone is afraid to run for fear of collapse.

Really? So all the people who work for thei committee, specifically created,to find the best fit nation to host, are retarded? And you know better than them?

Sorry dude, not buying it. The proccess of choosing a host nation isn't something that's done over night. You can cry all you want and compare hosting the world cup in Qatar to hosting the winter olympics there. The fact is that the comparison you made is a joke. You're comparing something that physically CANNOT be done right now, to something that IS going to happen in Qatar 2022.

Don't worry though, you have 12 years to get over your denial.

I don't really mind the fact England didn't win, it's just the fact that England went out in the first round, suggesting to be subjectivity

kowenicki said:
zgamer5 said:
kowenicki said:
zgamer5 said:

qatar yes!!!!!!!!!! now i can get tickets to the next world cup final!

bet you dont...

il take that bet! in 2022 i will post a thread with live pictures about the world cup final, and hopefully il be in a box but thats not fun :(.

thank god my dad knows a sheikh from qatar!

il do anything to watch a match 2 years ago i paid 200 pounds tickets to watch an arsenal chelsea fa cup semi final at easter, i traveled to london just to do that. and last year i missed 4 exams and went to cyprus so i could watch a champions league match btw chelesea and apoel niccosia. ofcourse thats not alot but considering i live in lebanon its something to be proud of!

and again someone makes my point perfectly...

inclusive my arse... all about money.

you do know that most of the tickets are reserved to people who go with their country, in an organized way! or its people who book years in advance, also many of the workers and the organizers of the world cup get tickets, hence its very hard to get a ticket to get a ticket to the finals, this isnt a premier league match.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
JazzyJeez said:
numonex said:

Qatar and Russia can easily deploy their military/police to maintain law and order if things got out of control. Threat of football hooligans is reduced in half when the English team fails to qualify for the World Cup. 

England  is over run with football hooligans and law and order would be very hard to maintain. English football hooligans cause all the trouble at the World Cup events and they cause trouble at every single football match. Football hooligans run around Beer can in one hand and house brick or roof tile in the other hand. English hooligans are drunken disorderly thugs and a threat to the community. Any drunken English fan from any socio-economic class or ethnicity is capable of a being a public enemy number one and a football hooligan. 

Imagine a World Cup in the heartland of football hooligans? The reputation of the game would be tarnished by hosting a World Cup in England.

Do you flip a coin and decide which country you support when you write your tripe? Barmy barmy army eh?

That reminds me... been meaning to restart a game of Fallout 3 as Two-Face... and Flip a coin to decide randomly if he chooses the "Good" answer or the "Bad" one.

I think if I do that... maybe it will be interesting enough for me to actually play through.

Eh, then again I could just do that with Fallout 1 or 2 and beat them again.

Either way... it's a fun idea.

kowenicki said:
perpride said:
kowenicki said:
perpride said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
perpride said:

Kowen already told you , those cooling systems won't work and it will be dry as hell too.

So let me see if I got this right. The world cup can never be hosted in a country where it's too hot for your liking?

Correct. 

whats so odd about that?

get the picture..? this isnt about being politically correct or "inclusive", its about being sensible.

Playing in 45 degree heat is simply insane... it doesnt suit the sport of football.  Even if the games can go ahead they will be dire slow affairs where everyone is afraid to run for fear of collapse.

Really? So all the people who work for thei committee, specifically created,to find the best fit nation to host, are retarded? And you know better than them?

Sorry dude, not buying it. The proccess of choosing a host nation isn't something that's done over night. You can cry all you want and compare hosting the world cup in Qatar to hosting the winter olympics there. The fact is that the comparison you made is a joke. You're comparing something that physically CANNOT be done right now, to something that IS going to happen in Qatar 2022.

pretty much yes... well, either retarded or uttely corrupt.

I'd go with corrupt... there have been bribery charges for a while now.  I wouldn't be surprised if England did some bribing too but just wasn't on the top of their game.

Or maybe under the table bribe money was one of the first things the Tory's cut.

kowenicki said:
perpride said:
kowenicki said:
perpride said:

Dude I couldn't disagree with you more.

I think the host nations they picked are absolutley perfect. Football is an all-inclusive sport. FIFA is an all-inclusive organization. These two nations clearly had the readiness for the task which is at hand. 

I'm not so much excited for Russia 2018, even though I can respect that they will be hosting it and of course I think they will do a magnficient job.

I'm from Iran, so I might actually even go to that one.

Sorry dudes, I don't know if you are from England or what, but you sound like you are the way you're complaining.

Give me 5 good reasons why.

why should I give 5 reasons when the committee already decided? They're job is to decide what country is best fit to host the event. But here:

1 - First middle eastern nation to ever host a world cup. There's a reason it's called the "World Cup". T

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-30/u-s-england-are-only-world-cup-bids-to-meet-fifa-sales-goals-study-says.html

dude....booo fucking hooo. If it was up to America and England, they would be hosting every single fucking Olympics and World Cup....

stop crying over something that's already decided!!!

You can't just be happy for a country of people who never dreamt of hosting something like this?

You made a thread called "FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 hosts nations announced" to call FIFA's committee a bunch of retards and hail yourself as king supreme on deciding these matters? Small suggestion, next time, make a thread called "fuck you FIFA, England and America should have won!!!!1!1one!1111".

I agree that England should have won, but stop being racist to Qatar when you don't know anything about them.

kowenicki said:
perpride said:
kowenicki said:
perpride said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
perpride said:

Correct.

whats so odd about that?

pretty much yes... well, either retarded or uttely corrupt.

your just butthurt that england doesnt get to host it. id prefer the world cup to be in england then russia since its more accesble and it would be easier for me to go their, i think what changed fifas mind is that england already hosted a world cup and russia didnt(not sure about russia) also theirs the fact that football is growing in asia and a world cup being hosted their will help.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good