By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

qatar yes!!!!!!!!!! now i can get tickets to the next world cup final!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
perpride said:

Dude I couldn't disagree with you more.

I think the host nations they picked are absolutley perfect. Football is an all-inclusive sport. FIFA is an all-inclusive organization. These two nations clearly had the readiness for the task which is at hand. 

I'm not so much excited for Russia 2018, even though I can respect that they will be hosting it and of course I think they will do a magnficient job.

It's Qatar 2022 which has me HYPED UP!!! A world cup being hosted in the Middle-East is an absolutley brilliant idea. It's what FIFA is all about. And I've heard rumors their putting cooling systems in every single seat of their stadiums.

I'm from Iran, so I might actually even go to that one.

Sorry dudes, I don't know if you are from England or what, but you sound like you are the way you're complaining.

Give me 5 good reasons why.

why not? we will never get to attend WCs ever if this didn't happen, I am happy with millions arabs are celebrating now, enough reason

kowenicki said:
perpride said:

I think the host nations they picked are absolutley perfect. Football is an all-inclusive sport. FIFA is an all-inclusive organization. These two nations clearly had the readiness for the task which is at hand.

I'm not so much excited for Russia 2018, even though I can respect that they will be hosting it and of course I think they will do a magnficient job.

It's Qatar 2022 which has me HYPED UP!!! A world cup being hosted in the Middle-East is an absolutley brilliant idea. It's what FIFA is all about. And I've heard rumors their putting cooling systems in every single seat of their stadiums.

Sorry dudes, I don't know if you are from England or what, but you sound like you are the way you're complaining.

people in the middle east are rich, i dont know if you heard this but the qatar government will pay seat tickets food, air plane tickets and hotel reservations for 25k fans from each team. doesnt that sound good.

other then that it would help people in the middle east get tickets, the point of the world cup is to have a great show and spread football a worldcup in the middle east will spread football.

qatar is a small country, it will be easier for supporters to move from stadium to stadium.

its close to lebanon!

and it could help decrease tensions.

as an Australian naturally i went for Australia.. was i shocked by the Fifa's decision to go to Qatar?, fuck yes, i was so shocked that i didn't know how to cry lol

We are talking about the gulf here. One of the richiest regions on earth and people are MAAAD about football but not the arabic football because it sucks. Qatar won't disappoint, all hail Qatar!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
zgamer5 said:

qatar yes!!!!!!!!!! now i can get tickets to the next world cup final!

bet you dont...

il take that bet! in 2022 i will post a thread with live pictures about the world cup final, and hopefully il be in a box but thats not fun :(.

thank god my dad knows a sheikh from qatar!

il do anything to watch a match 2 years ago i paid 200 pounds tickets to watch an arsenal chelsea fa cup semi final at easter, i traveled to london just to do that. and last year i missed 4 exams and went to cyprus so i could watch a champions league match btw chelesea and apoel niccosia. ofcourse thats not alot but considering i live in lebanon its something to be proud of!

kowenicki said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
kowenicki said:
perpride said:

why not? we will never get to attend WCs ever if this didn't happen, I am happy with millions arabs are celebrating now, enough reason

You make my point perfectly...  thanks.

You all love football so much that you need the world cup on your door step to attend.

Fans from England, Germany, Holland, Brasil, Argentina, Italy etc etc will travel to watch it wherever it is, whenever it is and even if they dont qualify.

not true, their were many arabs at the world cup in south africa, but the thing is its cheaper if its 1 hour away from us(by a plane). also most of the fans who go to the world cup go with their country hence everything is organised for them and what they pay is minimal.

i honestly was gonna go to the world cup in 2022 if it wasn't Qatar, it might sound like i'm a wimp but fact is the fucking place is to Hot, even a nice Cold Beer wont help.. 

kowenicki said:
perpride said:

why should I give 5 reasons when the committee already decided? They're job is to decide what country is best fit to host the event. But here:

1 - First middle eastern nation to ever host a world cup. There's a reason it's called the "World Cup". The middle east is advancing rapidly, it was only a matter of time.

2 - There is much conflict in that part of the world right now and this kind of event will raise awareness.

3 - The world cup will further bridge the gap between Arab nations of the Middle East and the West.

4 - Half the other country's who were bidding for this have already hosted World Cups, and quite recently. Australia being the only exception. They hosted the summer olympics in 2000.

5 - I AM FROM THE MIDDLE EAST. Not Sure if you read that part, but I'll probably be attending these games if I'm alive.

Here's a couple of articles from months ago saying why Qatar should host:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/08/26/the-dark-horse-qatar-2022/

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/qatar/128474-middle-east-deserves-world-cup-qatar.html

http://mobile.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2009/11/18/1631309/qatar-hoping-new-airport-will-lend-weight-to-2022-world-cup

Qatar is a country that is already growing in infrastructure and rapidly advancing economically.

Qatar and Russia can easily deploy their military/police to maintain law and order if things got out of control. Threat of football hooligans is reduced in half when the English team fails to qualify for the World Cup. 

England  is over run with football hooligans and law and order would be very hard to maintain. English football hooligans cause all the trouble at the World Cup events and they cause trouble at every single football match. Football hooligans run around Beer can in one hand and house brick or roof tile in the other hand. English hooligans are drunken disorderly thugs and a threat to the community. Any drunken English fan from any socio-economic class or ethnicity is capable of a being a public enemy number one and a football hooligan. 

Imagine a World Cup in the heartland of football hooligans? The reputation of the game would be tarnished by hosting a World Cup in England.