By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

JazzyJeez said:
NiKKoM said:

I didn't visited goal.com for a few days cause England are sore losers.. don't make me do the same here... >_<"

No please do, lets hear your reasoning that England are sore losers. While your at it stick a cry me a river and whah whah in there while you're at it.  I mean lets not even talk about the dutch & belgian bid that had 4 votes in round 1 then lost 2 votes in round 2.

I can accept the results, as can most people, its done and dusted, but that doesn't mean people can't question the whole selection process, seems to me people are more delighted at the fact England haven't got it rather than Russia having it.

I just think that the FIFA, like me, see a much larger potential market for a WC in Russia then in England.. sure you guys can do one like tomorrow, you guys have the stadiums, the supporters etc.. two weeks non stop fun but for companies like coca cola, mcdonalds, adidas, sony, hyundia etc it's a way more intresting to get involved in Russia.. there is no better way to open that market with a WC.. Their teams are upcoming in the European leagues, so nice new stadiums would be a boost to them.. not to mention people would have to build the stadiums, work in tourism rises, transport infrastructure will improve etc.. it will change an entire generation of little boys who want to become a football player.. they can do as good as a job as England as hosting a WC but they also offer a lot on the economicly and social side... which would benefit the Football brand more then a WC in England..

and england are sore losers cause instead of wishing the winner the best they moan over "he promised his vote to us... he wrote it on a candywrapper and put it in his pocket" and then every manager in the PL moan about it.. then they moan that Puttin wasn't there but Prince William and Beckham was so they should have got it... then they moan about lack of transprancy...  then this dude says to others: don't bid for 2030 cause FIFA sucks... then Gary Lineker confesses he pooped his pants in a WC match... England bid was good and they should be proud of it but it was beaten by a better one.. it happens..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
JazzyJeez said:
NiKKoM said:

I didn't visited goal.com for a few days cause England are sore losers.. don't make me do the same here... >_<"

No please do, lets hear your reasoning that England are sore losers. While your at it stick a cry me a river and whah whah in there while you're at it.  I mean lets not even talk about the dutch & belgian bid that had 4 votes in round 1 then lost 2 votes in round 2.

I can accept the results, as can most people, its done and dusted, but that doesn't mean people can't question the whole selection process, seems to me people are more delighted at the fact England haven't got it rather than Russia having it.

I just think that the FIFA, like me, see a much larger potential market for a WC in Russia then in England.. sure you guys can do one like tomorrow, you guys have the stadiums, the supporters etc.. two weeks non stop fun but for companies like coca cola, mcdonalds, adidas, sony, hyundia etc it's a way more intresting to get involved in Russia.. there is no better way to open that market with a WC.. Their teams are upcoming in the European leagues, so nice new stadiums would be a boost to them.. not to mention people would have to build the stadiums, work in tourism rises, transport infrastructure will improve etc.. it will change an entire generation of little boys who want to become a football player.. they can do as good as a job as England as hosting a WC but they also offer a lot on the economicly and social side... which would benefit the Football brand more then a WC in England..

and england are sore losers cause instead of wishing the winner the best they moan over "he promised his vote to us... he wrote it on a candywrapper and put it in his pocket" and then every manager in the PL moan about it.. then they moan that Puttin wasn't there but Prince William and Beckham was so they should have got it... then they moan about lack of transprancy...  then this dude says to others: don't bid for 2030 cause FIFA sucks... then Gary Lineker confesses he pooped his pants in a WC match... England bid was good and they should be proud of it but it was beaten by a better one.. it happens..

I actually totally agree with your first paragraph, if you'd have left it at that I'd have been impressed because it offers a lot of logic and whilst it has a slight bias toward the financial side  I can see the reasoning behind it.

It's a shame in the 2nd paragraph you just resorted to quite a narrow minded opinion of the English, its like you think the headlines of the English tabloid's are what the majority think,  some headlines I agree with some I don't, but a disscusion about the flaws of English press would go on for months.

I always thought NiKKoM was British...

JazzyJeez said:

I actually totally agree with your first paragraph, if you'd have left it at that I'd have been impressed because it offers a lot of logic and whilst it has a slight bias toward the financial side  I can see the reasoning behind it.

It's a shame in the 2nd paragraph you just resorted to quite a narrow minded opinion of the English, its like you think the headlines of the English tabloid's are what the majority think,  some headlines I agree with some I don't, but a disscusion about the flaws of English press would go on for months.

My sore losers thing isn't the about tabloids or the majority of the people.. it's the people who are saying it.. people who were directly involved in the bid are saying it... they are lords, chairmen, FA officials, premier league managers, TV hosts.. this time they are doing the work for the tabloids.. They should know and act better, they are acting like little children while they have a position in society which require a higher standard and example then what they are showing after losing the bid.. every chance they see they moan about it to the press..  ...if it where the only the Tabloids moaning I wouldn't say they were sore losers...

sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Ha..You got depressed for a week at least when the Germans won? I couldn't visit the Football thread for weeks after the lost WC final... I re-entered that thread around the time the second round of the champions league.. >_<"

.... it still hurts...

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Ha..You got depressed for a week at least when the Germans won? I couldn't visit the Football thread for weeks after the lost WC final... I re-entered that thread around the time the second round of the champions league.. >_<"

.... it still hurts...

I thought you were british living in Holland actually LOL

Me too, I love Spain but wanted them to lose so bad because FIFA seemed on their side for some reason...

NiKKoM said:
JazzyJeez said:

My sore losers thing isn't the about tabloids or the majority of the people.. it's the people who are saying it.. people who were directly involved in the bid are saying it... they are lords, chairmen, FA officials, premier league managers, TV hosts.. this time they are doing the work for the tabloids.. They should know and act better, they are acting like little children while they have a position in society which require a higher standard and example then what they are showing after losing the bid.. every chance they see they moan about it to the press..  ...if it where the only the Tabloids moaning I wouldn't say they were sore losers...

It's only sour grapes if its not true, we'll have to wait and see for that. What tabloids or people in the public eye say and it's suddenly the English people who feel they have this pre-ordained right to everything and can't accept losing, sorry to break it to you but it ain't just the English who are shocked and a bit disillusioned by these results, Australia,Spain and the US and  other countries feel the same.

Its not like the dutch tabloids are pure, after getting beat in WC final your press had a field day on Howard Webb the referee, suprisingly he was English.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1012/01/lkl.01.html

KING: OK. Later this week, FIFA will announce which country will host the 2018 World Cup.. Do you think you have a good chance to host it?

PUTIN Yes, I do think we have such chances and I proceed from the assumption that our contenders will make an emphasis on the fact that they are ready to go with the World Cup already.

But why do we need to hold the World Cup?

Well, they already have everything in place. The philosophy of FIFA is to expand world soccer space, to spread out the world football space. In Eastern Europe, there has never been a case of World Cup being staged there. Therefore, we are a very natural contender.

Our problem is, however, about the fact that as of late, during this competition race, I'm sure the FIFA members have been slandered, absolutely groundlessly. They want to compromise that organization. And this is exactly the organization who are involved in not only organizing a soccer features and soccer games, they're currently fulfilling a very important social program to really advertise a healthy mode of life, putting aside alcoholism among youngsters, but also building on the relationship between peoples and states.

It's a very important function they have.

KING: Who will -- who...

PUTIN And we count greatly on the fact that the members of FIFA will adopt the relevant decision in favor of Russia's choice.

KING: Who is slandering them?

PUTIN In a competitive straight, many people try to do that. We are aware of the fact that there has been a lot of information surfacing in the BBC, but the allegation is one thing. You have to prove the case.

I believe that this is not a right manner of competition for the right to hold this World Cup, as it were.

LOL, when did commies learn damage control technique? Funny thing, the scumbag was aware of the BBC truth.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
JazzyJeez said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Mayor of London Boris Johnson cancels Fifa hotel stay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11921692

so much for "we don't bribe".

Who said that the English or any other countries didn't influence or bribe for votes, you need to get out this mentality that the English or US think they're whiter than white, because we don't, and if you want I could give you a list the things Qatar did.

Corruption is corruption and needs to be sorted out, the whole bidding & voting needs to be made transparent, obviously not during a bid.

I admit my post is quite ridiculous but so most of the posts here. Fifa sucks, is this breaking news?

I would rather worry, complain and bitch about other more important flaws in fifa's system than a world cup in 2022.

It is for some people.  I constantly talk about how FIFA is corrupt and usually people don't care.

It's nice for people to care now.  I mean hell, look at when they changed the rules so France could qualify last year.

Also, for people who think I'm being a sore loser... they should realize the fact that I don't want the World Cup in the US.

It'd be a waste of money for the US.

I just hate it when people look at very obvious corruption and pretend it isn't there for their own personal reasons.