By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

pizzahut451 said:
gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

BBC Panorama uncover mass coruption in FIFA

England world cup bid comes last in FIFA vote

and Russia wins...

yes, FIFA is clearly clean as a whistle, they have interests beyond making money from backhanders...

Actually Fifa and UEFA are expanding football beyond the traditional nations.  Any corruption talk is nothing but the old powers being girlyman about someone else hosting the big party. 

EXACTLY

What does UEFA a European body have anything to do with world cup football Nothing and who exactly are the new powers Russia, Spain(yes, they were good before, but not as remotely good as they are today)  for example? Qatar? who've never actually participated in a world cup tournament? I agreed on the bolded part of his post

Anybody trying to deny that there is corruption going on in FIFA is just throwing their credibility out the window. I dont particularly think that any of the candidates for 2018/2022 "deserved" to host the World Cup, but this whole selection process has been an absolute farce and I can only hope that some day the obvious corruption gets exposed.

There is absolitely no evidence that suggests that FIFA is corrupted. If anyone is corrupted, thats UEFA and in favour of England and Italy

Do I really need to point out the evidence that has become open over the last month or so of FIFA corruption? Are you that naive?

I'm glad for those celebrating on the results of the World Cup allocation for 18/22, but it's foolish to pretend the whole selection process is not corrupted and entirely down to money/power.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
There is absolitely no evidence that suggests that FIFA is corrupted. If anyone is corrupted, thats UEFA and in favour of England and Italy

You refuse to believe corruption in FIFA despite numerous ongoing investigations but acknowledge corruption in UEFA in favour of England and Italy?  Not doubting you believe their is corruption in UEFA but could you give me an example of this corruption that favours England & Italy.

PullusPardus said:
ProdigyBam said:

World Cup in

- a country that forbids alcohol (yeah football without alcohol)

- a country where are only 1 million people (dont know where 2 million more want to stay)

- a country where in summer its as hot as 45-50 ° celsius (dont know how the teams and visitiers want to survive that)

- a country which football team never made it to a worldcup and nobody knows the players

- a country where women are oppressed (football without women?)

= EPIC fail

really good decision fifa... meh :/

but congratulations to russia :D

-its not forbbiden.

-Zomg the country is going to be so full that people are going to be pushed off land like that 300 movie!

-i guess everyone is going to melt before finishing the match, i mean teams never ever went outside to sweat in their homelands (did you know south africa is hotter than qatar?)

-how many times did USA and Russia win the world cup again ?

- yes, women aren't allowed in qatar , that explains why its still only 1 million person in there, no women no reproduction, must been cloning thing going on there!

Also don't you guys think its too freaking stupid to argue about something that is going to happen what..... 8 and 12 years from now?, by that time countries can be born, built and destroyed.

also i would like to point out that i have no interest in football at all, its not my thing, but most of the comments in here and the OP's post are downright hilariously ignorant.

- It is.

- yeah. ^^

- the wc in south africa was in winter (you know in the south its winter when its summer in the north, just saying..)

- not once, but they at least often qualified for the worldcup (qatar never did) and also russia for example was really good in the 60s and 70s (sovjetunion that time) and they have great player (arshavin anyone?)

- didnt say that women arent there, just that in islamic lands women are often oppressed

dont think that these things will change in the next 12 years.. P:

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

yes, FIFA is clearly clean as a whistle, they have interests beyond making money from backhanders...

Actually Fifa and UEFA are expanding football beyond the traditional nations.  Any corruption talk is nothing but the old powers being girlyman about someone else hosting the big party. 

EXACTLY

What does UEFA a European body have anything to do with world cup football Nothing and who exactly are the new powers Russia, Spain(yes, they were good before, but not as remotely good as they are today)  for example? Qatar? who've never actually participated in a world cup tournament? I agreed on the bolded part of his post

Anybody trying to deny that there is corruption going on in FIFA is just throwing their credibility out the window. I dont particularly think that any of the candidates for 2018/2022 "deserved" to host the World Cup, but this whole selection process has been an absolute farce and I can only hope that some day the obvious corruption gets exposed.

Do I really need to point out the evidence that has become open over the last month or so of FIFA corruption? Are you that naive?

I'm glad for those celebrating on the results of the World Cup allocation for 18/22, but it's foolish to pretend the whole selection process is not corrupted and entirely down to money/power.

Yes

So will the German soccer team be having their first game in Wolgograd?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

EXACTLY

Yes

Ok then :)

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/soccer/article793887.ece/Only-silence-from-Fifa-on-corruption

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/533180-corruption-in-fifa-part-1-vote-rigging

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/19/fifa-corruption-banned-2018-bid

http://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/football/2913349-report-ioc-member-named-fifa-corruption-list

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/corruption_allegations_taint_bid_process_features_304013.html

All of these articles are from before the decision was made

gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

EXACTLY

Yes

Ok then :)

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/soccer/article793887.ece/Only-silence-from-Fifa-on-corruption

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/533180-corruption-in-fifa-part-1-vote-rigging

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/19/fifa-corruption-banned-2018-bid

http://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/football/2913349-report-ioc-member-named-fifa-corruption-list

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/corruption_allegations_taint_bid_process_features_304013.html

All of these articles are from before the decision was made

Six FIFA officials have already been suspended due to a Sunday Times investigation and the Panorama implicated another 4 including Mr Jack Warner.

ProdigyBam said:
PullusPardus said:
ProdigyBam said:

World Cup in

- a country that forbids alcohol (yeah football without alcohol)

- a country where are only 1 million people (dont know where 2 million more want to stay)

- a country where in summer its as hot as 45-50 ° celsius (dont know how the teams and visitiers want to survive that)

- a country which football team never made it to a worldcup and nobody knows the players

- a country where women are oppressed (football without women?)

= EPIC fail

really good decision fifa... meh :/

but congratulations to russia :D

-its not forbbiden.

-Zomg the country is going to be so full that people are going to be pushed off land like that 300 movie!

-i guess everyone is going to melt before finishing the match, i mean teams never ever went outside to sweat in their homelands (did you know south africa is hotter than qatar?)

-how many times did USA and Russia win the world cup again ?

- yes, women aren't allowed in qatar , that explains why its still only 1 million person in there, no women no reproduction, must been cloning thing going on there!

Also don't you guys think its too freaking stupid to argue about something that is going to happen what..... 8 and 12 years from now?, by that time countries can be born, built and destroyed.

also i would like to point out that i have no interest in football at all, its not my thing, but most of the comments in here and the OP's post are downright hilariously ignorant.

- It is.

- yeah. ^^

- the wc in south africa was in winter (you know in the south its winter when its summer in the north, just saying..)

- not once, but they at least often qualified for the worldcup (qatar never did) and also russia for example was really good in the 60s and 70s (sovjetunion that time) and they have great player (arshavin anyone?)

- didnt say that women arent there, just that in islamic lands women are often oppressed

dont think that these things will change in the next 12 years.. P:

How did he not know this?  I mean, was it just the American Coverage?  They talked about this all the time and what the teams were doing to combat the cold.

Your behaviour is poor. You didnt even read what Qatar had to offer. The stadiums that will be built will then be taken apart and donated afterwards to 3rd world countries(yes donated). Another thing, the stadiums will be airconditioned with green technology in order to get too hot inside the pitch.. u heard it.

Your beahviour is disgraceful

I also think bbc was stupid to do what they did... didnt they think they'll make any enemies? corruption or no corruption,  showing that before the draw is stupid