By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

Why are people hating on Russia so much?

Not to mention Qatar? 

"To play or not to play, that is the question."- A wise man

Lifetime sales prediction

Wii 79/150 million

Xbox 360 47.7/73 Million

PS3 43.6/69 Million

Around the Network
JazzyJeez said:

I've never understood why the fact a country has never hosted such an event is so important, it should go to the countries who have the best facilities and stadiums and that ain't russia by a long way.

Fair play ( or not if the corruption allegations get proven to be true) to russia, Jack  'I love England' Walker should be sent down for the petty thief he is, along with his other cronies platini and blatter this is a dream result for them.

It's important because Mundial in a country builds popularity of discipline there.

And after mundial ends such country have now nice infrastructure for the football at best level.

By your resonnning mundial in 1994 in USA should never happened  but see how it promoted football there.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

BBC Panorama uncover mass coruption in FIFA

England world cup bid comes last in FIFA vote

and Russia wins...

yes, FIFA is clearly clean as a whistle, they have interests beyond making money from backhanders...

Actually Fifa and UEFA are expanding football beyond the traditional nations.  Any corruption talk is nothing but the old powers being girlyman about someone else hosting the big party. 

EXACTLY

pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

yes, FIFA is clearly clean as a whistle, they have interests beyond making money from backhanders...

Actually Fifa and UEFA are expanding football beyond the traditional nations.  Any corruption talk is nothing but the old powers being girlyman about someone else hosting the big party. 

EXACTLY

What does UEFA a European body have anything to do with world cup football? and who exactly are the new powers? Qatar? who've never actually participated in a world cup tournament.

themanwithnoname said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
themanwithnoname said:

Yeah, this doesn't reek of typical FIFA corruption at all. I don't understand how anybody can take these guys seriously.

Russia's ok, but England's better. It's ridiculous England hasn't hosted more World Cups.

Qatar? I'm sorry, but are you freaking kidding me? All their stadiums need to be built and will never be used at all afterward. I look forward to Tajikistan hosting in 2026; they have about as much business hosting it as Qatar.

EDIT: Did someone seriously suggest the Russian police should patrol the stadiums? LOL

In case you haven't noticed Qatar is the 2nd richest country in the world behind Lichenstein. That have 12 years to make a state of the art stadium. You don't think they can do it?

All of you hating on Qatar really need to calm down. If anything hosting in the Middle East is a good thing. When many people think of the Middle East, they think about afghanistan, iraq, etc. I guess its finally time for people to see how loaded with money the middle east is and how awesome the cities and technology are. That aside i would have a preferred the world cup to be in UAE over Qatar.

That's great, why don't we make it 2026 in Lichtenstein, that sounds like a wonderful idea.

You've missed the point entirely. It's a matter of relevance, not a matter of wealth. What relevance does Qatar have on the world stage? What relevance does Qatar have on the football stage? Looking at Brazil in 2014 and Qatar in 2022, it's an absolutely laughable comparison. FIFA apparently now must like punishing nations where football is actually, you know, popular. I never "hated on Qatar," but Qatar has no relevance on the world or football stage and the fact that they're a wealthy nation makes it more likely that a backdoor deal was hatched out before hand.

FIFA is trying to spread football and make it popular around the world. There would be no benefit for football as sport if the WC was hosted in England.

Around the Network
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

EXACTLY

What does UEFA a European body have anything to do with world cup football Nothing and who exactly are the new powers Russia, Spain(yes, they were good before, but not as remotely good as they are today)  for example? Qatar? who've never actually participated in a world cup tournament? I agreed on the bolded part of his post

pizzahut451 said:
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

EXACTLY

What does UEFA a European body have anything to do with world cup football Nothing and who exactly are the new powers Russia, Spain(yes, they were good before, but not as remotely good as they are today)  for example? Qatar? who've never actually participated in a world cup tournament? I agreed on the bolded part of his post

Spain have been a footballing power for decades, they were just underachievers same as Holland, I'd place Russia as being a very good football side butI'd  hardly class them as a football power, they've always been known for their local sides in european football.

The problem with this WC draw is that they should never have held both at the same it was just asking for backhanders and deals, and the corruption part is hardly new news, its been known for quite awhile FIFA are corrupt as fuck (as are EUFA), its just a case of the evidence been gathered.

pizzahut451 said:
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

EXACTLY

Anybody trying to deny that there is corruption going on in FIFA is just throwing their credibility out the window. I dont particularly think that any of the candidates for 2018/2022 "deserved" to host the World Cup, but this whole selection process has been an absolute farce and I can only hope that some day the obvious corruption gets exposed.

gwrath said:
pizzahut451 said:
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

EXACTLY

Anybody trying to deny that there is corruption going on in FIFA is just throwing their credibility out the window. I dont particularly think that any of the candidates for 2018/2022 "deserved" to host the World Cup, but this whole selection process has been an absolute farce and I can only hope that some day the obvious corruption gets exposed.

There is absolitely no evidence that suggests that FIFA is corrupted. If anyone is corrupted, thats UEFA and in favour of England and Italy

JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
JazzyJeez said:
pizzahut451 said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Homer_Simpson said:

and Russia wins...

EXACTLY

Spain have been a footballing power for decades, they were just underachievers same as Holland, I'd place Russia as being a very good football side butI'd  hardly class them as a football power, they've always been known for their local sides in european football.

The problem with this WC draw is that they should never have held both at the same it was just asking for backhanders and deals, and the corruption part is hardly new news, its been known for quite awhile FIFA are corrupt as fuck (as are EUFA), its just a case of the evidence been gathered.

European football power? Yes. World football power? Hardly.  And Holland WAS and IS a world power. They have 3 silver medals. And by "new world power" i meant the countries that are about to become much stronger (maybe i did use wrong word) in football, not the countries that will automaticlly win WC