By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Girl Game" Recommendations for a New Wii Owner

Sm4ckd0wn said:
I think some of you guys are underestimating females who play video games. Sure, there are many females who enjoy playing "party games", but there are many others who like to play games like main Mario games and Zelda games. I would definitely consider picking up Super Mario Galaxy.

Tis Not about female video gamers. It's about girls, 13 years and younger, playing video games.

Around the Network

Thank-you to everyone who contributed. After perusing what was left at the local EB Games, I picked up Mario Party 8. Its Mii integration and sturdy cast of iconic Nintendo characters eventually swung me.

Also, I figure that this'll encourage them to pick up the (cheap) Big Brain Academy and Wii Play game/remote packs for more multiplayer madness. I guess that's also what swung me away from getting Big Brain Academy. Super Mario Galaxy, Petz 2: Horsez and Zelda: Twilight Princess might have been good if this was just a gift for one of the girls. WarioWare seemed to be trying to hard for that cross-age hip appeal. I liked the idea of Cooking Mama, but it seemed too... stereotypical? I have a copy of it for the DS, and I know it's not quite an "Imagine: xxx" title, but yeah, it still seemed like something that might scare my brother-in-law off.

Thanks once again for your suggestions. Everyone was so very helpful, and I appreciated all of the advice.

Glad to help and I hope they enjoy the game =)

To Each Man, Responsibility

Give mario party 8 a miss, wario ware is much better. Mario and sonic at the olympics, is wii sportish.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Cooking mama is a great game, will teach her the necessaties for when she grows up and gets a man of her own to tender two. :)

Around the Network

I'm going to have to un-recommend Horsez, as every version of the game so far released has gotten abysmal reviews. I am about 99.99% sure that the person recommending it did so based on the fact that he thought it was "girly" and not because he actually played the thing.

If anything I would suggest Warioware, it is a ton of fun in multiplayer, and a lot more frantic than Mario Party 8, which I thought was pretty mediocre and slow going, overall.

Edit- Ah I see you've already made the purchase! Ahhhh welll