By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mike Pachter: Move and Kinect are neck a neck in actual consumer sales

He's also the one who said PSmove sold WAY below expectations and after a week or so he took it back.....

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:

He's also the one who said PSmove sold WAY below expectations and after a week or so he took it back.....

Let's not take this guys word as Gospel because he favors either side.  He seems to like making it obvious that he operates largely on assumptions.

iBlah said:

wait, weren't those sales also manufactured by Sony and MS??

The shortages were manufactured by Sony and MS. Sony also overshipped.

Mike Pachter: Move sold 400,000 in six first week in US.

One week later...

Mike Pachter: Move sold a lot more than 400k in six first week in US.

Two weeks later...

Mike Pachter: MS and Sony created a shortage for Kinect and Move.

Now...

Mike Pachter: Sony  overshipped Move.

Makes all sense for me...  overshipped = shortage.

iBlah said:

Edit: sorry drunk again, forgot he's Pachter

remember- everything is overtracked, everything is undertracked- its the key to deciphering sales data

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Just leave anything about Pachter or Greenburg to badgenome.., he knows how to handle them very well.....^^

badgenome said:
iBlah said:

The shortages were manufactured by Sony and MS. Sony also overshipped.

Edit: ah, why bother with it.

ethomaz said:

Mike Pachter: Move sold 400,000 in six first week in US.

One week later...

Mike Pachter: Move sold a lot more than 400k in six first week in US.

Two weeks later...

Mike Pachter: MS and Sony created a shortage for Kinect and Move.

Now...

Mike Pachter: Sony  overshipped Move.

Makes all sense for me...  overshipped = shortage.

Thread.

For the sake of sanity, let's not use Patcher as a source of reliability.

Nsanity said:

Why leave out the other half of the article?

Though currently level with Kinect sales, PS Move could find itself at a significant disadvantage by the year end. Microsoft maintains it will sell five million Kinect units to customers by the close of the holiday season, a total which appears some way beyond the reach of PlayStation Move.

From a publisher/developer standpoint it's also worth considering that whereas each Kinect sold represents a unique and potential consumer to sell games to, Sony has said that Move customers are buying more than one controller, meaning the installed base is less than the number of units sold.

Somehow I get the impression from your past posts that reporting this somehow puts you at ease.

If you didn't notice, what you quoted was a "VideoGamer.com Analysis," not part of the news.

Where is this magical install base number for the PS Move that people keep pulling out of there ass to compare to Kinect?   And how do we know its even close to be accurate?