By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I want to buy a grill

So I'm tired of not having a proper outdoor grill.  All I have is an electric cooktop, a tempermental oven, and a George Foreman electric grill.  I love grilling I've just never really lived in a place where I can have one for about the last 10 years.

I still don't really live in a place where I can have a nice one but I can have one, it just needs to be portable and small-ish.  Length shouldn't be too big of a deal but it really shouldn't be 2-3 feet wide.  The biggest thing is I need to be able to move easily so it should probably have wheels of some sort.

I don't have any huge preference over the heat source, though I probably prefer gas over charcoal.

So, any suggestions?

Around the Network

I don't know much about individual grills, but I do know that from a taste perspective you're going to want charcoal

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

twesterm said:

So I'm tired of not having a proper outdoor grill.  All I have is an electric cooktop, a tempermental oven, and a George Foreman electric grill.  I love grilling I've just never really lived in a place where I can have one for about the last 10 years.

I still don't really live in a place where I can have a nice one but I can have one, it just needs to be portable and small-ish.  Length shouldn't be too big of a deal but it really shouldn't be 2-3 feet wide.  The biggest thing is I need to be able to move easily so it should probably have wheels of some sort.

I don't have any huge preference over the heat source, though I probably prefer gas over charcoal.

So, any suggestions?

you can get em on EBAY dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

_________

Seriously just see amazon.com and user reviews

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leatherhat said:

I don't know much about individual grills, but I do know that from a taste perspective you're going to want charcoal

I promise you I can make food taste just fine without charcoal. 

twesterm said:
leatherhat said:

I promise you I can make food taste just fine without charcoal. 

Can't argue with Hank

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

well you can buy plenty of girls everywhere oooooh wait you're looking for a grill....

I remember when this was a popular stupid meme.

Now it's just a stupid one

Go Propane, Hank Hill said so

As much as I love grill food.

It is my favorite...

A grill is mostly a grill isn't it?   I've NEVER had bad grill food (that wasn't caused by the chef anyway)

Be it from park charcol grils, those little hibatchi grills, built in home grills or fancy grills.

As long as it's a real grill it's going to be delicious.

So it's really just a matter of getting the amenitites you care about when cooking.

Barozi said:

well you can buy plenty of girls everywhere oooooh wait you're looking for a grill....

hahaha this.

Twesterm saying the word grill in his Texan accent could be very easily misinterpreted by a foreigner as "girl".