By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - call to arms, get okami for wii

grandmaster192 said:
"You do know that it looks the same on the Playstation 2, as it does on the Playstation 3, right?"

No it doesn't. The Playstation 3 does PS2 games in HD.

You mean upscaling rite? I doubt it's the same.

On-topic: I will buy this game as I never had the chance to play it before. It was very interested on it but I never wanted to buy a PS2.

Around the Network

And support No More Heroes and Zak & Wiki!

While I'm sure my son will get it, and I'm getting Zack & Wiki, I doubt Okami will do much better on Wii than it did on PS2.

But, just maybe the brush stroking aspect will be a hook that gets people to try this wonderful game on Wii that ignored it on PS2. Here's hoping!

Gamerace said:
While I'm sure my son will get it, and I'm getting Zack & Wiki, I doubt Okami will do much better on Wii than it did on PS2.

But, just maybe the brush stroking aspect will be a hook that gets people to try this wonderful game on Wii that ignored it on PS2. Here's hoping!

The $30 pricing and the fact that it appeals to the Zelda audience (lets face it, Okami is a Zelda game) should give it a good shot at high sales.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it top 1 million.  

naznatips said:
Gamerace said:

The $30 pricing and the fact that it appeals to the Zelda audience (lets face it, Okami is a Zelda game) should give it a good shot at high sales.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it top 1 million.  

I hope your right.  That'd be a good way to market it though, targeting Zelda fans.  I'd so love to see Okami in SSBB, even if only as an Assist trophy of 'Wolf-Link' clone (not that wolf-link is confirmed either).

Too bad Clover was closed.  Not much chance of Okami II even if this does 1m.

Around the Network

I never had a ps2 so I didn't get to play it last gen, but I constantly heard good things. So port or no, I'll probably give it a try for the Wii......unless they mess it up pretty hard.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

naznatips said:
Gamerace said:

Ahem, if it doesn't have Legend of Zelda in the title it is not a Zelda game good sir.  Please refrain in the future from such blasphemous speech.

Anyhow, kidding aside, this game didn't appeal to me on the PS2 so I don't think I'll do more than rent it.  However, to shield me from criticism I bought Zack & Wiki on day one and also look forward to a Wii port of Psychonauts.