By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Move Sells Over 4.1 Million Units

M.U.G.E.N said:
buzzard said:

Sony has been exposed by engadged then, they are really jealous of Kinect, Sony are such sore losers.

I can't detect if this is sarcasm or not?

Read his other posts, he is not being sarcastic; it's just damage control.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Update: There seems to be some confusion as to whether this figure represents the number of Moves actually purchased by consumers or sold to retailers. Though the U.S. press release revealing the sales posted after the jump explicitly says "sold," the Japanese press release mentions "the quantity delivered to the dealer" in a footnote. We've contacted Sony for clarification.

Update 2: A Sony representative explained that the 4.1 million actually represents Move units shipped to stores, adding "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales." Which, you know, would have been a cool thing to put in that press release, we think.

no shit sony always reports shipped numbers just like everyone else.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Zones said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
buzzard said:

Sony has been exposed by engadged then, they are really jealous of Kinect, Sony are such sore losers.

oh lol nvm then

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Woah woah woah O.o 

How much are Move controllers going for on ebay? The local Walmart has like 7 bundles just sitting on the shelf >.> 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

sony shipped 4.1 million units to retailers microsoft said they sold 2.5 million to customers.  Theres a big difference although the move should outsell kinect 200-400% considering you need 2-4x the controllers.

a good guage of how something is selling is to check software sells.   Sports champion is the top seller yet its nowhere on the chartz?

either its not selling that great or ps3 has a crappy  fanbase beyond fanboyism.  i can see it now tho next week microsoft will they they sold 4 million and sony will say they sold 16 million

geesh just give us the games already.

and that was one crappy press release very vague in all aspects.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Zones said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
buzzard said:

oh lol nvm then

Damage control lol? it's been confirmed this numbers are shipments and Sony refuses to ever disclose actual sold to consumers numbers, I wonder why...

Microsoft and Nintendo seem to have no problems at all to disclose actual sales numbers.

zgamer5 said:
Nsanity said:

Update: There seems to be some confusion as to whether this figure represents the number of Moves actually purchased by consumers or sold to retailers. Though the U.S. press release revealing the sales posted after the jump explicitly says "sold," the Japanese press release mentions "the quantity delivered to the dealer" in a footnote. We've contacted Sony for clarification.

Update 2: A Sony representative explained that the 4.1 million actually represents Move units shipped to stores, adding "While we don't disclose our exact sell-through number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales." Which, you know, would have been a cool thing to put in that press release, we think.

Except Microsoft, who gave "sold through to consumers" numbers for Kinect.  Something Sony said they don't disclose above.  

zgamer5 said:
Nsanity said:

the difference microsoft said sold to customers with the 2.5 million

Hapimeses said:
nightsurge said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
ethomaz said:

I just read now...

This number is a cumulative number since its release date until November 2010, which does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye cameras or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controllers. That certainly puts those figures into perspective then.

Just bundled Moves??? Just Started Kits??? 4.1m shipped (or sales?) Started Kits in the world???

It's not just GREAT. It's AMAZING.

Way better than I expected.

I read that as bundles and individual move wands

This.  He said no NAVIGATION controller or PS EYE stand-alones were counted, but still every PS Move stand-alone controller and PS Move bundle was counted.  Considering every person who buys the Move will need at least one more PS Move stand-alone controller and up to 3 more, it really makes it pretty hard to interpret.

Nonsense. Sure, some will want more, but not, necessarily, need more. I know two people very happy with just one Move controller (neither is me; I bought two). Don't dilute your very good point (that the numbers are bloody hard to interpret) with untrue statements.

While it is true you can get by with just one for a while, to get the full experience of some games you will need at least 2 Move controllers which is what I meant.  I didn't meant to imply that everyone would feel they needed to buy that second controller as not everyone will feel they need that full dual-Move experience and some will be content with just one Move.

Nsanity said:

Thanks, man.  Above all else, there is VERY strong demand for MOVE, and it seems that SONY had revved up supply to meet demand.  Good job.