By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot Reviews GT5 8/10

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo52/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=topten&tag=topten;all;1

The Good:

• Accessible and rewarding for newcomers and veterans alike  
  • Uncompromisingly realistic handling  
  • Loads of great cars to drive and varied courses to drive them on  
  • License tests are no longer mandatory  
  • Premium cars are incredibly detailed.
The Bad:
  • Quality of visuals is wildly inconsistent  
  • Outdated and impractical online lobby system  
  • Too easy to win early races simply by entering in a powerful car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I been playing the hell out of this game since I got it and I think it deserves a higher score but that's just my opinion. Good score nothing that can't be fixed by patches.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

FM3 got a 9.5

For refernce past GT4 got a 8.9

It's just that simple.

lol @ everyone who, after IGN released their review said things along the lines of "I never trusted IGN, only gamespot are worth reading reviews of." Let me guess, you're going to chuck a 1984 and quickly change your position to 'We have always been at war with IGN, we have always been at war with Gamespot. We have always been allied with Gamernode'.

Anyway,good to see it's still getting good reviews

scottie said:

lol @ everyone who, after IGN released their review said things along the lines of "I never trusted IGN, only gamespot are worth reading reviews of." Let me guess, you're going to chuck a 1984 and quickly change your position to 'We have always been at war with IGN, we have always been at war with Gamespot. We have always been allied with Gamernode'.

"This is simultaneously the most accessible GT game yet and the most uncompromisingly realistic driving game on a console to date. It's unfortunate that much of what makes Gran Turismo 5 so great is under the hood rather than on display for everyone to see, but a powerful engine trumps a perfect paintjob every time."  

It is continually referred to as the best at what it does, with superficial things such as menus and loading time being among the biggest problems.  They focused so much on the racing, which is unrivaled, that these suffered.  It seems Yamauchi will try to fix some of these things with patches, that should help a bit. 

I think part of the reason Forza got such higher scores is that it covers the ground of a game very well, it does all the superficial things better, but the actual gameplay not necessarily, although it's obviously still good. Also, Forza, at least before 3, didn't go in with too much expectation.  It was basically always second best even though a GT hadn't even been released this gen lol.  It's easier to get higher scores when less is expected of you.  Basically, less hype can make you look better.

NYANKS said:
scottie said:

"This is simultaneously the most accessible GT game yet and the most uncompromisingly realistic driving game on a console to date. It's unfortunate that much of what makes Gran Turismo 5 so great is under the hood rather than on display for everyone to see, but a powerful engine trumps a perfect paintjob every time."  

It is continually referred to as the best at what it does, with superficial things such as menus and loading time being among the biggest problems.  They focused so much on the racing, which is unrivaled, that these suffered.  It seems Yamauchi will try to fix some of these things with patches, that should help a bit. 

I think part of the reason Forza got such higher scores is that it covers the ground of a game very well, it does all the superficial things better, but the actual gameplay not necessarily, although it's obviously still good. Also, Forza, at least before 3, didn't go in with too much expectation.  It was basically always second best even though a GT hadn't even been released this gen lol.  It's easier to get higher scores when less is expected of you.  Basically, less hype can make you look better.

its not hype. The developer said it did one thing and it didnt. People have a go at molyneux in regards to fable and leave the gt developer alone... why is this?

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I did warn people who suddenly expected a high score from Gamespot as they were taking their time with the review that the reviewer was moaning about the game on the live feed and Twitter..... still I guess it shows good integrity that he decided to at least give the game more time to impress him.

And its a good score.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

AussieGecko said:
NYANKS said:
scottie said:

its not hype. The developer said it did one thing and it didnt. People have a go at molyneux in regards to fable and leave the gt developer alone... why is this?

No, I say give them crap for overhyping the game! I agree.  They hyped it for YEARS.  They showed it too early and it took forever to come out.  The game was already guaranteed to sell millions and they did that, not smart. 

The devs and Sony deserve that.  When you do that AND take that long, there is a tendency to be judged to a different standard.  The gameplay of GT5, largely believed to be the most important part of a game, is said to be near perfect by every review.  It's things like tree and people graphics (irrelevant to this game), loading times and menus that receive the most flak.  However, the actual RACING is amazing, even the bad reviews admit this. 

You're right, Molyneux talks a big game and never delivered.  Now Sony is guilty of making people expect the second coming.  They're both at fault, as you say.

NYANKS said:No, I say give them crap for overhyping the game! I agree.  They hyped it for YEARS.  They showed it too early and it took forever to come out.  The game was already guaranteed to sell millions and they did that, not smart. 

The devs and Sony deserve that.  When you do that AND take that long, there is a tendency to be judged to a different standard.  The gameplay of GT5, largely believed to be the most important part of a game, is said to be near perfect by every review.  It's things like tree and people graphics (irrelevant to this game), loading times and menus that receive the most flak.  However, the actual RACING is amazing, even the bad reviews admit this. 

You're right, Molyneux talks a big game and never delivered.  Now Sony is guilty of making people expect the second coming.  They're both at fault, as you say.

I disagree.....this game was amazing.....so underrated!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Its an amazing racing game with an awfull online component

Thats my conclusion