By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sony: Kinect is a bunch of tech problems

horrible journalism at best

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Jadedx said:

LOL!!! What a bunch of crap, good old sony, when something big comes out that's not from your camp you make up crap to try to defame it. Sony did this crap with Sega and the dreamcast, they did it with Wii calling it a "novelty" and now this.

YEP thats sony for ya. Maybe the real problem is Kinect sold 2.5 million and jelousy is running high.

RolStoppable said:

I think Fighters Uncaged illustrates these problems quite well. I mean, if Ubisoft can't get something to work properly, then who can?

Fighters was made by a new dev studio who's parent company makes cell phone apps.

bannedagain said:
Jadedx said:

LOL!!! What a bunch of crap, good old sony, when something big comes out that's not from your camp you make up crap to try to defame it. Sony did this crap with Sega and the dreamcast, they did it with Wii calling it a "novelty" and now this.

YEP thats sony for ya.

No, it's video game journalism for ya. He doesn't insult Kinect anywhere, he just gives his opinion on the tech and why they went for Move instead. Video game journalists have twisted his words to make it seem as if he's attacking Microsoft, when he's not.

Rainbird said:
bannedagain said:
Jadedx said:

YEP thats sony for ya.

No, it's video game journalism for ya. He doesn't insult Kinect anywhere, he just gives his opinion on the tech and why they went for Move instead. Video game journalists have twisted his words to make it seem as if he's attacking Microsoft, when he's not.

Shh, they can't handle the truth.

Seriously, though, about his sales comment, Sony has yet to give any updated info about the Move's sales so we really have no true idea how well it has continued to sell.

Around the Network
bannedagain said:
Jadedx said:

YEP thats sony for ya. Maybe the real problem is Kinect sold 2.5 million and jelousy is running high.

Maybe the real problem is poor journalism and your inability to read the full article posted in this thread

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
bannedagain said:
Jadedx said:

Maybe the real problem is poor journalism and your inability to read the full article posted in this thread

It's funny mock him for that but probably didn't bother reading the full interview.  :-p

Hyruken said:

Thanks for posting the full article.

Doesn't surprise me to see Destructoid only pick out the juicy bits. However he did say those things in the Destructoid article. I don't think they were taken out of context and it does seem a bit odd with some of the things he says. Like can Kinect really not see Denim?

He does say only some denim jeans, specifically shiny ones.  Not all denim.

Damnit I was really looking forward to rocking out to Kinect Air Guitar in my leather jeans.

You would think that if it can detect your shoes/feet the skeleton rig would be able to determine where your legs are should you be wearing an infra-red 'black' material.

Jadedx said:

Oh, the sweet irony.  ^^