By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your sleeper hit of the year?

We're coming into the final month of the year, and we've seen a lot of great games released this year. But what game that was under your radar surprised the most you by being really awesome? Your sleeper hit of 2010 in other words.

I have to say Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. I wasn't interested at all until the reviews came in and talked about what a great game it was, I tried the demo when it came out and I was hooked. Probably the best coop game I have ever played, and I really want to see where the game can go from here.

Around the Network

Red Steel 2.  I loved this game.  Played through it twice on different difficulties.  It may very well be the best use of motion controls in a core game I've experienced on the Wii.  I expected a fun game, but I didn't expect a great game.

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

Borderlands.

Yeah it was 2009 but I only got it this year and I still play it with my housemate once or twice a week. It's just awesome, Gear Box are onto something special here imo.

If we go for a 2010 game though I'll say Darksiders as it made the Zelda formula I love so much feel fresh and new again.

Ys Seven

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Umos-Cmos said:

Red Steel 2.  I loved this game.  Played through it twice on different difficulties.  It may very well be the best use of motion controls in a core game I've experienced on the Wii.  I expected a fun game, but I didn't expect a great game.

Red Steel 2 is a good one too, certainly my best experience with motion controls to date.

Around the Network

Nier. If ever there was a game that deserved more love, it is this one.

DARKSIDERS!!!!

I take joy every time I can mention this incredible game. Put Zelda and classic DMC together, add in the styling of a creative comic-book artist and an interesting apolocolyptic context and you've got my favourite sleeper-hit of the year.

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Wii)

I never thought that I would enjoy this game so much. I'm not even into this kind of game and it turned out to be one of my favorites.

Well since I watch every upcoming game very closely, there weren't that many that surprised me in a positive way.

Darksiders (a bit) and Bayonetta.

Mine is Red Dead Redemption, but that's because I thought it wouldn't be too great and so wan't interested in it.