By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wikileaks + US diplomacy = biggest "diplomatic" storm ever incoming !

Man, Wikileaks is kicking ass and taking names!

Will Hillary Clinton resign now that it's revealed that she sent spies to the UN?

Around the Network
shio said:

Will Hillary Clinton resign now that it's revealed that she sent spies to the UN?

no way! lol she's probably taking orders from above

This really isn't going to be productive, just because the US is going to get lambasted for stuff that pretty much everyone else is doing (or stuff that's child's play compared to some of what other people are doing). All it will ultimately do is weaken America's position diplomatically

That being said, it's really fun to watch this unfold. Some cool cloak-and-dagger shit going on here

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

This really isn't going to be productive, just because the US is going to get lambasted for stuff that pretty much everyone else is doing (or stuff that's child's play compared to some of what other people are doing). All it will ultimately do is weaken America's position diplomatically

That being said, it's really fun to watch this unfold. Some cool cloak-and-dagger shit going on here

It's also doesn't seem like it's going to be that suprsiing based on the "brace yourself" information.

Worst case scenario is... assassination plans for Kim Jong Il?

Some kind of Palestine vs Israel thing that ruins us as a negotiatior?

We'll see.

So far it's "Middle east countries want us to attack Iran."   (No kidding)

Nuclear matieral in pakistan may not be safe.  (Again, we know.)

China using widespread hacking to steal technology (Yeah.. again.)

It's just stuff everybody knows but the government can't say so far.

Oh and "US diplomats spying on UN Leadership."

Which is what Diplomats do.   Diplomats are spies.

Mr Khan said:

In that sense, US is not going to take damage alone. Actually, I think US may even take some big win with all that. Once the site establishes itself as trusted and known place, the gov can try to coop and use it as "channel of influence". And also to preempt real leaks and find people responsible. There is potential to u-turn this situation, definitely.

Around the Network
MDMAniac said:
Mr Khan said:

In that sense, US is not going to take damage alone. Actually, I think US may even take some with all that. Once the site establishes itself as trusted and known place, the gov can try to coop and use it as "channel of influence".

It's not based in the US though.  (to my knowledge.) 

I wonder if anyone takes over wikileaks if the guy gets thrown in jail for molesting children.

Kasz216 said:

So what. Unless the site will get hosted in Iran someday, I don't see that big difference between current IP being that of France or Quebec, for instance.

MDMAniac said:

Kasz216 said:

So what.

Don't see how the US can coopt the site with it not being in the US.

Not effectivly anyway.

If it was a case of money I'd imagine this wouldn't be posted as that guy would be on an island somewhere drinking mohitos. 

jonager said:
shio said:

no way! lol she's probably taking orders from above

Oliver North was just taking orders from above on the whole Iran Contra thing, but he had to take the heat on the whole thing pretty much exclusively

Blame in Washington is all about scapegoating

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

A Bad Clown said:

I think it's fairly obvious at this point Wikileaks is secretly being funded by The Commnunist Party of China or a similar organization to undermine the United States and the United Nations.

The United Nations? Wikileaks hasn't really done anything to them. Also there are plenty of other people who would like to see this sort of information published other than the Chinese. Like me for example. =P

It also doesn't require a huge amount of money or technology to run something like this. Just some knowledge of encryption (which can be done very thoroughly these days) and enough publicity that the leaks come to you.